SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 06, 2009, 07:48 PM
Joined Dec 2006
141 Posts
Here's some vid of my friend and I burning through some packs in a small ravine. It was a ton of fun and we now have a new favorite flying spot.

Corsair VS Trojan (8 min 28 sec)
seti is offline Find More Posts by seti
Last edited by seti; Jul 06, 2009 at 11:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:19 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_D
I might have to try it as a belly lander. A little protective tape on the belly and it should slide along the grass nicely. Is it one of those buster props per landing deal, or can it survive as long as power is off when it lands?

As long as you make smooth landings and cut the motor completely before touchdown, you should be good. I have allways belly flopped my T-28 and Corsair. Have never broken a prop on landing. Been flopping the T-28 for a couple years now.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:22 PM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2rider
The T-28 will fly again. After I replace the motor,motor mount,cowl and glue the fuse back together. Just don't know if I want to ever trust this radio again.

V2, it almost sounds like your batteries were loose. Seems I remember something about the batteries that came with it were off in length or the clips weren't bent proper or something. It may have been over in the SC forum - it was a long time ago. That is something I would look at - are the batteries in firmly and pretty secure?
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:26 PM
Portage Michigan
Joined May 2006
206 Posts
The offset is in the firewall not the mount. The mount is evenly spaced with no offeset.
steelydan is offline Find More Posts by steelydan
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:35 PM
United States, MI, Grand Blanc
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat
Yes that is what I said back on post #8235 but remember to bye some brass tubing also. You will need it to take up the spare room around the gear strut that is smaller then the brass collar.

Or get a longer 3mm screw. That's what I did. I had one on my bench and it was quick and easy.
Buzzkill2 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzkill2
Old Jul 06, 2009, 08:54 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly john
V2, it almost sounds like your batteries were loose. Seems I remember something about the batteries that came with it were off in length or the clips weren't bent proper or something. It may have been over in the SC forum - it was a long time ago. That is something I would look at - are the batteries in firmly and pretty secure?
Now that I think about it, I do remember seeing one that didn't look like it was seated right when I pulled the cover off the take a voltage reading. I think I'll swap out the current batts for fresh ones and triple check that they stay put before I use it again.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jul 06, 2009, 09:54 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
seti:

Great video man! Thanks for posting that.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 09:56 PM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
robj,

Any chance you still have the original video of that flight? Maybe you can send it to me so I can export cleaner audio and get a better reading?
Old Jul 06, 2009, 09:59 PM
United States, IL, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
1,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan
The offset is in the firewall not the mount. The mount is evenly spaced with no offeset.
Thank you
MrEWorm is offline Find More Posts by MrEWorm
Old Jul 06, 2009, 10:35 PM
Joined May 2009
128 Posts
[edit
my2cents is offline Find More Posts by my2cents
Last edited by my2cents; Jul 06, 2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: edit
Old Jul 06, 2009, 11:09 PM
Grafton, Oh
Joined Jun 2008
497 Posts
1) I was flying the t-28 to night and i stalled about 6 in above the ground and my gear came loose. I came home to tighten it, and i cant tighten all the way. I was wondering, can the piece that rotates the front gear brake and a 6-8 in fall?
2) seti- in your video at about 4:45, some one said the corsair is faster then the trojan. I have no mods to eather plane and at least to me it seems like the trojan is a bit faster. But in the vid it does seem like the f4u is faster. Not calling anybody out, but I think the trojan is a littel faster. Nice vid
parkpilot101 is offline Find More Posts by parkpilot101
Last edited by parkpilot101; Jul 06, 2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 11:52 PM
Joined Dec 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzkill2
seti:

Great video man! Thanks for posting that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkpilot101
2) seti- in your video at about 4:45, some one said the corsair is faster then the trojan. I have no mods to eather plane and at least to me it seems like the trojan is a bit faster. But in the vid it does seem like the f4u is faster. Not calling anybody out, but I think the trojan is a littel faster. Nice vid
Thanks, we had fun!

I think the motor in the trojan has had a harder life, as I agree with you, the corsair hasn't always been faster. He generally flies with more throttle than I do as well.
seti is offline Find More Posts by seti
Old Jul 07, 2009, 06:21 AM
Joined Mar 2007
2,219 Posts
Here's my T28 with a Hyperion Zs3009-20, Hyperion G3 CX 3S 2100mAh, 35a Align ESC, flaps with two Hyperion DS09SMD servos, gear is still on and a 11x7 prop. 12 minutes flight times easily. Talk about fun! I was flying at a high school track field and really didn't have the room to let it get wound out. Truth be told I'm new to airplanes and don't have the confidence to get altitude and distance like I should but, hopefully that'll change soon. The video was shot by my 10 y/o step son who did a great job.This is a great mod and flies pretty close to the 4S setups I've seen. Hope ya like it.

There's a few high speed passes and some flaps down slow flight. Basically a mixed bag of flying (no aerobatics or 3D) so I could test this setup.

Batteries came down just slightly warm and the motor was cool as a cucumber. The ESC was a little hot but that's not unusual pulling 41amps in short bursts and where it's located (not in the stock position). I have a 80a ESC I'll be putting in it shortly.

I didn't know the Emeter2 would calculate climb rates so I'll be sure to push the vertical next time I'm out.

Parkzone T28 Hyperion 3009-20 Hyperion G3 CX 2100mAh LiPo (5 min 40 sec)
Last edited by Buzzkill2; Jul 07, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2009, 08:54 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,414 Posts
ParkPilot101,

Yes it can. You also need to be cautious when tightening it. The plastic part will crack from the force of putting the screw in too far. Here's the part. Putting it in is a whole nother experience!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ4408
nageotte is online now Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jul 07, 2009, 09:00 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
2,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte
ParkPilot101,

Yes it can. You also need to be cautious when tightening it. The plastic part will crack from the force of putting the screw in too far. Here's the part. Putting it in is a whole nother experience!

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ4408
I agree 100% with Nageotte, just tightening mine broke it before my first flight !!!

I replaced it with a Dubro equivalent, made of nylon and brass not brittle plastic like the stock one.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers