HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2009, 04:03 PM
Ridin' the Spiral
USA, ME, Holden
Joined May 2007
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
It doesn't have any dual rates, exponential, or any of the other bells and whistles I hear you guys talking about so much with the $500 radios...
You can get a quality radio with all the features you've mentioned and more for less than half that.
toolguy420 is offline Find More Posts by toolguy420
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2009, 06:10 PM
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
Hi,

I'm about to fit a TGY SK35-36 (900) to my T28 after a "mishap" last week.

It seems that most people have used the bolt on prop adapter rather than the reversing the shaft. I am thinking of trying the shaft reversal approach... does anyone have any tips / advisefor reversing the shaft of the SK35-36 ? Is it just not worth the effort ?

Thanks

RT.
I posted a step by step how to, you can look at it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post11680542

Hope this helps. Be aware larger props will break the plastic mounts.
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Old May 22, 2009, 11:03 PM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
356 Posts
flew 2 packs in my pz t-28 today. 2200mah packs, had the timer set to 8 minutes.

just now when I charged them I put back 1160ma into them, so I upped my timer to 10.5 minutes. sound right? or should I even go more?
bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik
Old May 22, 2009, 11:32 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
Thanks wblacker.

Bigstatik - I can fly 12 mins on 2200mAh, but still fly pretty conservatively with little WOT. I usually put back ~1800 mAh... not hit LVC yet on the T-28.
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Old May 23, 2009, 04:06 AM
T-28 abuser
United States, NY, New Paltz
Joined May 2009
356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
Thanks wblacker.

Bigstatik - I can fly 12 mins on 2200mAh, but still fly pretty conservatively with little WOT. I usually put back ~1800 mAh... not hit LVC yet on the T-28.
ok thanks, I try the 10.5 to see how much mah I put back in. and then up it more if I can. 8 minutes of flight is just not enough
bigstatik is offline Find More Posts by bigstatik
Old May 23, 2009, 02:25 PM
Mines faster than your's
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2007
729 Posts
Well since I burnt up my 35-36c, I put the stock motor back on with the stock prop. Yesterday I was flying around and on the last pack of the day I was practicing my knife edges a little too close to the ground, got fumble fingers combined with a brain fart and lawn darted her into the ground. My very first major crash. Broke the motor mount, bent the motor shaft and crushed the foam in the nose. Also broke the landing gear mounting plate so I'm officially a belly lander now. Got back from a quick trip to the LHS this morning and have everything back together and repaired. Now for the fun part of this story. I thought that maybe the prop adapter was bent and I wanted to check for vibration. Well I didnt take off the prop while on the bench so I figured a quick run-up would be ok so I had her at about 1/4 throttle, when all of a sudden one of the fumble fingers previously mentioned decided it would be cool to stick itself into the spinning prop. Well let me tell you boys, that stock prop is as sharp as a razor blade. It cleanly sliced off the tip of my left index finger to the bone (maybe not all the way to the bone but it sure feels like it!). This happened like 10 minutes ago, so I still feel like a moron as Im typing this. Oh yeah it hurts and blood is everywhere. I still can't find the tip of my finger. My wife walks into the work shed like right after it happened, saw all the blood and went into full panic mode. I told her it was a little cut, but she HAD to see it and when she did she darn near passed out. Of course I'm not going to the hospital for stitches or whatever. I just sprayed some degreaser on it to blow the blood off, threw on a bandaid and called it day. Lesson learned: Don't leave the door to the shed unlocked while playing with razor sharp props, fingers and blood! BTW does anyone know how to get bloodstains off of foam?!?!?
Texasredrider is offline Find More Posts by Texasredrider
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2009, 02:34 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Yeah, I tried to power up a motor w/o it being mounted, and had the same result, but not near as bad as yours sounds. A little super glue (yep, regular super glue) will stop the bleeding, and create a scab/bandage thing.

Hope it heals up good!
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old May 23, 2009, 02:43 PM
Mines faster than your's
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2007
729 Posts
Yeah, I use CA for everything! I would glue the fingertip back on, I just can't find it. I bet that freakin' dog found it and ran off with it!
Texasredrider is offline Find More Posts by Texasredrider
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2009, 05:25 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
I found that only CA works, not super glue. Super glue is just a waste of time, money, and a good plane
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old May 24, 2009, 12:12 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Quick question on cg guys. I kinda skimmed through but too many pages to find a good answer. My step father has one of these.

The book says the cg should be 2.5" back from the LE at the fuse. it is extremely nose heavy there. When flying, it flies its feels very tail heavy and porposing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jamie
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old May 24, 2009, 12:23 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
audjust your trim?
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old May 24, 2009, 12:25 AM
Fresno, California
Joined Mar 2007
2,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
audjust your trim?
Thanks but tried that as well.
BigGuyJT is offline Find More Posts by BigGuyJT
Old May 24, 2009, 12:26 AM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
use a smaller lipo.
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old May 24, 2009, 10:15 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuyJT
Quick question on cg guys. I kinda skimmed through but too many pages to find a good answer. My step father has one of these.

The book says the cg should be 2.5" back from the LE at the fuse. it is extremely nose heavy there. When flying, it flies its feels very tail heavy and porposing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jamie
I took a stock plane, stock motor, stock Rx, stock battery. The COG I came up with is 1. 7/8" back, not 2.5". So that's where I make mine. I think others have come up with the same number. It does fly different IMO.

Texasredrider..where do you fly? Not sure if we'd discussed this before. A bunch of us get together off 249. I'm probably going to join the new sparks field soon.

VERY fun day this weekend so far. Drove up to the weekend place, Elkhart, TX, after the kids swim meet Saturday. ZERO wind, got about 6 flights in yesterday, many with a FCO2. Then today, ALL day no wind, another 8-10 flights. Another 5 or so with a camera over BIL's house and his grandsons place. Amazing so far because during the day this place really blows. Rain came in just at dark but supposed to bo ok tomorrow. But my flying is done, on a hilltop flight there was no place to land (I had the gear plane because I TO and land on the road), put a little crack near the nose (the usual nose cracking spot), no CA here so I'm calling it good. But the good news is that nose gear held up all weekend with these high rough grass landings. i'll have them posted on Youtube sometime tomorrow. I like doing some AP.

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old May 24, 2009, 11:55 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
454 Posts
I find the recommended COG of 2.5 makes it tail heavy and very squirrely if their is any wind. It porpoises as you describe. I fly mine at about 2.0. Makes it a little less responsive, but much easier to control and fly, especially in wind.
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg