HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2009, 03:03 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Myers
It is about 18 amps with the "stock battery" and "stock prop".
Thats what I get to...
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2009, 04:02 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I'm thinking about taking a shot with one of these PZ T-28's... I hear nothing but good things about their flight characteristics. Here's the thing and I know it's been addressed a thousand times before - I'm brutally cheap when it comes to stuff like this - Where can the lowest price for a PNP version T-28 be found? Do they ever go on sale? MY LHS has one for $169, and that looks about par for the course. I may post to the wanted section and see what comes up.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old May 11, 2009, 04:08 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswalt
I'm thinking about taking a shot with one of these PZ T-28's... I hear nothing but good things about their flight characteristics. Here's the thing and I know it's been addressed a thousand times before - I'm brutally cheap when it comes to stuff like this - Where can the lowest price for a PNP version T-28 be found? Do they ever go on sale? MY LHS has one for $169, and that looks about par for the course. I may post to the wanted section and see what comes up.
Thats not bad, might have heard 149 before. Search Ebay, look for seller hobb-e-mart, daily scratch and dents they HAVE to be connected to horizon somehow. I got 2 of mine for under $90, these were RTF planes, nothing wrong with them.

And what you heard was right!
Old May 11, 2009, 04:22 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Thanks a lot rob, that's very helpful. I'm looking forward to getting one here so that I can see if all the hype is well-deserved or not... I'm skeptical because I haven't heard a single bad thing about the T-28 yet. That said, I'm sure if I sat here for couple of days and read through all the pages in this thread I'd surely com across something negative!

EDIT:
After looking around on Fee-bay, it actually looks like the scratch-and-dent PNP T-28's are selling for amounts pretty close to the brand-new stuff. I didn't see anything under $150 after S/H. Guess the secret's out!
Last edited by Roswalt; May 11, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a lot rob, that's very helpful. I'm looking forward to getting one here so that I can see if all the hype is well-deserved or not... I'm skeptical because I haven't heard a single bad thing about the T-28 yet. That said, I'm sure if I sat here for couple of days and read through all the pages in this thread I'd surely com across something negative!

EDIT:
After looking around on Fee-bay, it actually looks like the scratch-and-dent PNP T-28's are selling for amounts pretty close to the brand-new stuff. I didn't see anything under $150 after S/H. Guess the secret's out!
if you buy from ebay for a cheaper one, the s&h will make it as much as a new one that you could have right away at your hobby store
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old May 11, 2009, 06:18 PM
Capt, USAF
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. I just figure there has to be a market for these planes once their original owners master them and move on to EDF's or more aggressive 3D planes.
I haven't yet seen a big sale at a major online retailer either -I guess that's as good a testimonial as anything else regarding the quality of this plane.
Old May 11, 2009, 07:06 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
try the for sale section here and on wattflyer.
Old May 11, 2009, 08:01 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Thats what I get to...
Thanks guys..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old May 11, 2009, 10:40 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Finally got the decal set for the "bits and pieces" Trojan I put together. She looks gorgeous flying around all yellow at sunset. Kind of borrowed the yellow idea from someone else on here but I didnt do near as nice of a job. Thanks!! You know who you are Still have to poly it yet to seal her up.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old May 12, 2009, 05:06 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Is the photo reversed or are the stars and 'Navy' on the wrong wings?
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old May 12, 2009, 08:14 AM
another damned tree!
Miami, FL
Joined Oct 2007
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Finally got the decal set for the "bits and pieces" Trojan I put together. She looks gorgeous flying around all yellow at sunset. Kind of borrowed the yellow idea from someone else on here but I didnt do near as nice of a job. Thanks!! You know who you are Still have to poly it yet to seal her up.
What paint did you use FIX? Nice job!
datsfubar is offline Find More Posts by datsfubar
Old May 12, 2009, 08:37 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:

EDIT:
If you in a rush...stop reading now!

Make sure you go to that seller and that seller only. You must be patient. Weekends are the best times to score when most are out. Holidays to. LAst week a friggin Mini UltraStick PNP went for $66!!! To bad I already have 2. Shipping is something to consider but also taxes. Down here it's 8.25% tax. If it's the same price, I'll buy local. But 4 out of my 4 were not...Here are 1 of mine...motor vibrates, now a huge problem IF it you really notice it. I swapped out the motors, esc and Rx anyway.

I still fly this plane.

Dear texas----,

We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following
item:

Item title: Parkzone T-28 T28 Trojan Brushless RC Airplane Parts BL
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310110233987
Item number: 310110233987
Buyer User ID: texas-----
Seller User ID: hobb-e-mart
Your total: $105.63

Thank you very much. Your business is much appreciated.
Old May 12, 2009, 01:40 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2008
124 Posts
Parkzone T-28 T28 Trojan Brushless RC Airplane Parts BL

Parkzone T-28 T28 Trojan Brushless RC Airplane Parts BL

Auction Description:
This plane is being sold for parts because the receiver and transmitter are missing, and both the elevator and rudder servos are bad. The wing and the fuselage have a few light dings. No Li-Po battery is included.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Parkzone-T-28

OK, No Battery, No Radio.
The plane needs your radio set, and 2 $4.00 servos.

The price as of 2pm est is $51.00, Shipping is $23.00 to me in Florida.
Seven hours to go for this auction.
7 hours 2 mins (May-12-09 18:05:00 PDT) Auction end time

Could be a very nicely priced plane for someone.

Speaking about fee-bay auctions, do you guys know that if you keep raising the price, prior to the end of an auction are only hurting yourself. Just Mark the item by pressing the button "Watch the Item", You must be logged on to e-Bay in order to make this work correctly.
My personnel watch list is always 40 - 50 items.

Bid at the end of an auction ONLY. All of the auction prices at "hobb-e-mart", all start at $.99, if all of us were educated on how to bid on a fee-bay auctions, all of the auctions would end with lower selling prices.
Who cares that you are the high bidder 2-3 days before the auction ends. Also if you set automatic bidding on fee-bay, you bids automatically increases as other sellers increase their bid.
This is not good for you !!! or any one else, except fee-bay and the auction seller. The seller gets more money and sometimes more than retail price, fee-bay lives on a high commission that the higher the price, the more commission they get.
If you guys need more info on fee bay, just ask.

Robb J has already told you when to look.

Al
RoadKingAl is offline Find More Posts by RoadKingAl
Old May 12, 2009, 07:37 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
454 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. I just figure there has to be a market for these planes once their original owners master them and move on to EDF's or more aggressive 3D planes.
I haven't yet seen a big sale at a major online retailer either -I guess that's as good a testimonial as anything else regarding the quality of this plane.
The prices are set by Horizon Hobby, which is why they are all the same. Retailers (online or otherwise) who sell below the minimum prices, are shut down.

Once in a while you will see a special like $169 plus a free extra battery, but that is about all you will see for 'sales'.

Buy it from your local hobby shop. Same price, and keeps them in business. They will also feel better when you go in to discuss problems, repairs, or upgrades.

You will enjoy the T-28!
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg
Old May 12, 2009, 08:41 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
If you in a rush...stop reading now!

Make sure you go to that seller and that seller only. You must be patient. Weekends are the best times to score when most are out. Holidays to. LAst week a friggin Mini UltraStick PNP went for $66!!! To bad I already have 2. Shipping is something to consider but also taxes. Down here it's 8.25% tax. If it's the same price, I'll buy local. But 4 out of my 4 were not...Here are 1 of mine...motor vibrates, now a huge problem IF it you really notice it. I swapped out the motors, esc and Rx anyway.

I still fly this plane.

Dear texas----,

We hope you enjoy your purchase. Your payment has been received for the following
item:

Item title: Parkzone T-28 T28 Trojan Brushless RC Airplane Parts BL
Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=310110233987
Item number: 310110233987
Buyer User ID: texas-----
Seller User ID: hobb-e-mart
Your total: $105.63

Thank you very much. Your business is much appreciated.
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? i have been looking for a mini ultra stick, but the cheapest one is the arf for $125