Old May 10, 2009, 07:41 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
They already announced a BL P-51...
They also already anounced that they will be anouncing a new warbird (more T-28/Corsair like) later this summer.
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old May 10, 2009, 07:42 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Good call.
But I was just saying that they are releasing a brushless P-51 soon, along with a new Super Cub.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old May 10, 2009, 09:09 PM
EA OUTLAWS
Polk City Florida
Joined Jun 2008
491 Posts
Here is a link to the new parkzone warbird. http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1880
EAO HarleyMan is offline Find More Posts by EAO HarleyMan
Old May 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
The P-51 is a great flyer... and I cant wait for the later summer realise of what ever new they have coming!!
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old May 10, 2009, 09:37 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchkid24
Well, I CRUNCHED my T-28 today. It was totally pilot error...I took of with my TX set to my Mini Pulse XT and ailerons were reversed. It went in to a shipping container at about 3/4 throttle and really exploded on impact. They all have to die sometime, and at least mine went out with a bang. Not sure if I will get another T-28, try the Corsair out, or wait for PZs suspected release later this summer.

Bummer, no DX6i model match protection or are you running a Dx5e like I use to? Speaking of the MPXT, slowly moving up the ladder as my new favorite plane. One is I just love the looks! But were flying in some serious wind today, the T-28 would get bumped around but hang in there. The MPXT would get knocked around even more. Today I flew the one with a turnigy 35-30c and stock prop...HUGE difference than the one in the video with a 35-36c and mas 11x7.5. This was the first video and I was trying to get some camera shots with the waving and some high speed passes.

I also was thinking that all I wanted was the T-28/Pulse size planes. But the Pulse XT 25e looks pretty sweet!

Rob

E-Flight Mini Pulse XT with a Turnigy 35-36c MAS 11x7.5 prop 2200mah Rhino MPXT (4 min 17 sec)
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old May 10, 2009, 10:01 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAO HarleyMan
Here is a link to the new parkzone warbird. http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ1880
I took a look at this and thought, :why would anyone buy this? It is exactly like the other parkzone p-51, but made of foam not cheap plastic, and is brushless." I figure so many people are converting theirs to bl that PZ might as well make money off of it.
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old May 10, 2009, 10:26 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Bummer, no DX6i model match protection or are you running a Dx5e like I use to? Speaking of the MPXT, slowly moving up the ladder as my new favorite plane. One is I just love the looks! But were flying in some serious wind today, the T-28 would get bumped around but hang in there. The MPXT would get knocked around even more. Today I flew the one with a turnigy 35-30c and stock prop...HUGE difference than the one in the video with a 35-36c and mas 11x7.5. This was the first video and I was trying to get some camera shots with the waving and some high speed passes.

I also was thinking that all I wanted was the T-28/Pulse size planes. But the Pulse XT 25e looks pretty sweet!

Rob
Yeah Rob...its a terrific plane. I have a Park 480 and its a lot of fun. I can only imgaine what a 35-36C would do for it. Do you have pics of how you mounted up your motor to the MPXT?
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old May 11, 2009, 09:48 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Hey guys-

I've never amped the 100% stock setup on one of these and have since upgraded.. A buddy just picked up one that will be flying 100% stock..

What sorta amps are you guys pulling?

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old May 11, 2009, 11:34 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchkid24
Yeah Rob...its a terrific plane. I have a Park 480 and its a lot of fun. I can only imgaine what a 35-36C would do for it. Do you have pics of how you mounted up your motor to the MPXT?
Follow this thread... go back a few pages to see my mounts, planes, etc.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post12216098
Old May 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tram
Hey guys-

I've never amped the 100% stock setup on one of these and have since upgraded.. A buddy just picked up one that will be flying 100% stock..

What sorta amps are you guys pulling?

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
It is about 18 amps with the "stock battery" and "stock prop".
Ken Myers is online now Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Old May 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Ok back to the T-28. Got a small order from HC, mainly I spotted a 42-40 motor that had a 5mm shaft. Well I think it's to heavy for the T-28. Motor to motor it's just slightly heavier than my Power 10 at 4.5oz(motor only, power 10 is 4.3oz). But when I scale it with the adapter (8mm btw) and x mount which is larger, it goes to 8.5oz. This is without the aluminum washer and screws. My complete mount/motor/adapter for the 35-36c is 5.9oz. The 4c battery will help some since it weighs 9.2oz (all weighed on a postal machine).

So I may mount it up for grins, check the COG, and fly it. If I don't I have a 35-42c motor already mounted and ready to go with the 4c battery. The 35-42 is rated for 4c and the 35-36c is not...according to HC.

But if the 42-40 doesn't work out on the t-28, it will probably pull a new Pulse xt 25e around ok. So I might have to buy a new plane afterall!!
Old May 11, 2009, 01:31 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
John:

I received the part today. I want to thank you for your extreme kindness. i very much appreciate the part. I have already fixed my plane and flown it approximately 10 times last Sat. but I now have the spare part to fix correctly. I also had a minor issue with the ESC soder separating from my deans connector last weekend which I have since fixed. I also added a piece of tape just to be paranoid to secure the wing to the fuselage. I am of course, eager to fly her again. Thanks to you sir, I very much apreciated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly john
Taekwondo,

I have one on a crashed wing - it's even a pretty yellow! PM me with your address and it's yours.

BUT..... I'm leaving for SEFF tomorrow straight from work, and I might not be able to get it in the mail until Monday. I can try for tomorrow, but no guarantees! I've got a lot of packing and cleaning to do tonight still... And (here's the real reason) I'm gonna be so excited tomorrow I'll most likely forget on my way out of town!

Edit: I saw on your other posts that you were looking for it, it just never clicked in my head. Like I said - I'm a bit distracted with SEFF.

Double edit: are you looking for the male piece on the wing or the female piece on the fuse???

Triple edit: I lied. It's not pretty, and it's not yellow. It is silver, with a bit of yellow. It has some epoxy on the top side, but it is in good condition. It is also in my truck, so PM me your address and I'll do my best to get it out tomorrow.
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old May 11, 2009, 01:37 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAO HarleyMan
Yuck.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old May 11, 2009, 01:38 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Myers
It is about 18 amps with the "stock battery" and "stock prop".

Awesome..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram