HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:26 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
I get it! thanks! what does the normal mean? I will have to try this tomootr, I am too sleepy, and too lazy now.
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 09:28 AM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
Toggle the flaps switch (upper left of TX) to switch between the Normal setting (0 and 0 for me) and the flaps setting (60 and 0 for me). Once you setup a difference between the Normal and Flaps settings, you will see the flapperons / spoilerons move with the switch.

I'm new to the DX6i too and think it's amazingly cool.
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old May 01, 2009, 03:42 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,691 Posts
pilot ejects

Hey there
Having a good time with my T-28.

Put a new 3000 mah lipo in it the other day, was flying around a bit. The 3000 mah is too big for the battery slot, so I just let it sit there. Bad idea. After a couple loops, the battery dislodged the magnet on the hatch, which promptly flew off, followed by the battery. As I watched in horror, the T-28 flew on seemingly unaffected by the battery hanging over the side. I said sh!te, better land, and somehow managed a perfect greaser of a landing. Wish I had a video so ya'll would believe me!

go fly!
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old May 01, 2009, 05:21 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg
Hey there
Having a good time with my T-28.

Put a new 3000 mah lipo in it the other day, was flying around a bit. The 3000 mah is too big for the battery slot, so I just let it sit there. Bad idea. After a couple loops, the battery dislodged the magnet on the hatch, which promptly flew off, followed by the battery. As I watched in horror, the T-28 flew on seemingly unaffected by the battery hanging over the side. I said sh!te, better land, and somehow managed a perfect greaser of a landing. Wish I had a video so ya'll would believe me!

go fly!
Might have to do a little cutting of the canopy, then I just use a piece of velcro.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7459

Rob
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old May 01, 2009, 06:19 PM
Regina, SK
Joined Nov 2006
1,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taekwondo
Does anyone have the trailing edge plastic piece that attaches the wing to the fuse ? I had a crash, putting it back together and I need that part which I lost in the crash. I could pay for it if they sell it anywhere, should someone know about it? Thanks much, eager to get back in the air.
Here are some parts that Horizon should sell separately because they break very easy if you crash. Although you can glue the pieces back together, having new ones for a few bucks would be nice!

Oh, and I wish Horizon would sell the bell housing separate for their black 450 outrunners. How many people have a motor they cannot use because the plastic is cracked? It seems like such a waste. I have a 450 that's useless because it has a bad bell housing. Someone was kind enough to send me an extra, but unfortunately it was cracked and not useable.

How about it Horizon!

Rob
Rob_G is offline Find More Posts by Rob_G
Old May 01, 2009, 07:48 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Aug 2008
124 Posts
Nice Hangar Rob, I like the Grey colors.

I am very shocked that with the rhino in the bird, you have to add weight to the tail. As soon as I get all of my new parts from HC, I will send you some photos. My plane balances great with the rhino 2350 4S 20C, I did a bit of foam cutting and cockpit cutting also. My battery fits in the same exact spot as stock. I use a SK3536 - 1400 motor on the gold aluminum 3630 mount. The motor sits in backwards inside the mount, the 60 super simple ESC is mounted on the side of the motor mount and I have not had to use any weight. In truth, the bird has perfect balance.
I am rebuilding the bird from a full power nose in trying to complete a outside loop. Give me a week or so to get this back in the air.

Great paint jobs.... really like the Grey bird..............
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
I'm trying out a new COG thing that someone posted recently and others may have done. I got this new Thino bat from HC, I thought I wanted the flat version for something else, I think they will stay with the T-28 now.

Just a small piece of velcro is at the rear, still sticking to the foam but I am careful when pulling off the battery. I cut just enough off the canopy that it will put a little pressure on the battery but still hang on with the magnets. A few inverted circles and nothing came flying off! I still found that getting exactly to my 1 7/8" COG I needed 1/4oz on the tail. I didn't want to try and move the battery back any closer to the servos.

Now with the standard 2200 zippy, shorter, thicker, I probably can get it correct without any weight.

Rob
RoadKingAl is offline Find More Posts by RoadKingAl
Old May 02, 2009, 10:53 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined May 2003
7,977 Posts
I ended up buying a new wing yesterday, just cause I want to fly so badly.

They should sell the parts separately, maybe a bag for all the plastic pieces.

I was kind of hoping someone with a broken wing would be kind enough to send me the little plastic piece that seats inside the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G
Here are some parts that Horizon should sell separately because they break very easy if you crash. Although you can glue the pieces back together, having new ones for a few bucks would be nice!

Oh, and I wish Horizon would sell the bell housing separate for their black 450 outrunners. How many people have a motor they cannot use because the plastic is cracked? It seems like such a waste. I have a 450 that's useless because it has a bad bell housing. Someone was kind enough to send me an extra, but unfortunately it was cracked and not useable.

How about it Horizon!

Rob
taekwondo is offline Find More Posts by taekwondo
Old May 02, 2009, 11:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
Toggle the flaps switch (upper left of TX) to switch between the Normal setting (0 and 0 for me) and the flaps setting (60 and 0 for me). Once you setup a difference between the Normal and Flaps settings, you will see the flapperons / spoilerons move with the switch.

I'm new to the DX6i too and think it's amazingly cool.
I lost it. The book says how to program flaps, but not spoilerons with your ailerons.
Old May 02, 2009, 11:29 AM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:

I was kind of hoping someone with a broken wing would be kind enough to send me the little plastic piece that seats inside the fuse.
Dude!! I threw those away just before you posted from a wrecked wing I had!
Old May 02, 2009, 02:04 PM
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovsoff
I lost it. The book says how to program flaps, but not spoilerons with your ailerons.
Hi again,

OK.

1. Get the aileron servos connected to AILE (right) and AUX1 (left) on the RX.

2. In the TX menu, on the ADJUST LIST, go to FLAPS and click select. Now highlight the cell for FLAP on the LAND row (bottom left numbers). Now roll the selector left or right to the desired setting (eg I am using right 60). If you roll right, you will see a ^ (up) arrow and the ailerons will now both deflect upwards when the FLAP switch is put to down (1) position. Since the ailerons are both being moved upwards by this switch they are now acting as 'spoilerons' when the switch is activated. Normal aileron movements from the right stick still functions (on top of the spoileron neutral or landing setting).

If you rolled the selector left, you get a down arrow v and the ailerons will be moved downwards when the switch is activated. This is known as 'flaperon'.

There is no separate Flaperon or Spoileron settings on the TX, just use the FLAP settings.

Do all of this with the RX on and you can see what's happening as you program.

Any clearer ?
Toppers is online now Find More Posts by Toppers
Old May 02, 2009, 02:41 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
I'll try it now. if I can find both my t-28 and tx. I am sure I will
Old May 02, 2009, 03:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppers
Hi again,

OK.

1. Get the aileron servos connected to AILE (right) and AUX1 (left) on the RX.

2. In the TX menu, on the ADJUST LIST, go to FLAPS and click select. Now highlight the cell for FLAP on the LAND row (bottom left numbers). Now roll the selector left or right to the desired setting (eg I am using right 60). If you roll right, you will see a ^ (up) arrow and the ailerons will now both deflect upwards when the FLAP switch is put to down (1) position. Since the ailerons are both being moved upwards by this switch they are now acting as 'spoilerons' when the switch is activated. Normal aileron movements from the right stick still functions (on top of the spoileron neutral or landing setting).

If you rolled the selector left, you get a down arrow v and the ailerons will be moved downwards when the switch is activated. This is known as 'flaperon'.

There is no separate Flaperon or Spoileron settings on the TX, just use the FLAP settings.

Do all of this with the RX on and you can see what's happening as you program.

Any clearer ?
OH PERFECT! I love you! It works beautifully. I had to call up the LHS for an unsure inquiry about it because my first step was to program dual aileron because I was using a y-harness. ONce that was done, per your instructions, it took less than 2 mins to make my working flaps and reverse what I needed to. I will give it a run 2morrow. Sadly, it is very windy here.
Old May 02, 2009, 03:46 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,184 Posts
Quote:

You mean these pieces? They sit inside the fuse I think. Actually I've never replaced a wing, just a couple fuses. Lay a little white gorilla glue along the wing/fuse touch point, on top of the wing. It'll take the load off that screw and the aft points.

Speaking of the wing, I did replace my second ail servo last night. Some of us were out flying and it was really windy. Not risking the MPXT or MUS I flew the T-28 a couple times. The left ail servo was twitching a lot but was working. When I got home and it wasn't powered, you could move it real easy...gone. I had a spare. Was someone needing a part from the ail servo? As mentioned above, the gorilla glue was easily sliced with a zacktoe knife to remove the wing. The gorilla glue was easily cleaned off when I had the wing off. Worked good.

On a fun note, the winds were at least 15-20, straight down the field last night. On my big propped T-28 I was giving a brushless Stryker a good run downwind. Couldn't do as much on the up wind run though. He was in control with any other direction to! That 35-36c and 12x7 apc sport really gets some attention. I asked if someone else would buy a radar gun so we can do some speed tests.
robj is online now Find More Posts by robj
Old May 02, 2009, 05:05 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
yep. my power 10 and a 12X8 goes, really goes. I just finished doing little touch ups on it like reglueing the stupid nose wheel, gluing the fuse to wing, tightening all the loose horns and clevises, and so forth.
Old May 02, 2009, 08:10 PM
FFF Junkie
Joined Apr 2007
281 Posts
Hi guys, I'm about to get a trojan pnp. Does it come with ec3 connectors on the esc?
Thanks
ggjj is offline Find More Posts by ggjj