SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
"Have Glue - Will Travel"
Ft. Worth, Texas
Joined Jan 2004
2,428 Posts
Here are some pics of my 'new' T-28, formerly belonging to my friend Doug Cohen who is a master figure painter and a true artist with an airbrush!

Ronnie

dawnron1 is offline Find More Posts by dawnron1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:43 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,291 Posts
Damn!
jackosmeister is online now Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,422 Posts
Ronnie,

One word.
Incredible
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Apr 21, 2009, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
holy
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:13 PM
What's that button do?
Hollywood, FL
Joined Feb 2008
1,347 Posts
I'm speechless....that's just gorgeous. I love the carbon trail from the engine.

I wouldn't wanna fly it...
Shpook is offline Find More Posts by Shpook
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:39 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keallen
I'm having an issue with the nose gear on my Trojan I was hoping someone might be able to assist with.

After an unfortunate nose-down landing the nose wheel actually broke back through the firewall, ending up pointing towards the tail of the plane. It wasn't serious damage, and was easy enough to patch.

The problem is that nothing I do seems to repair that crack in the firewall to keep the gear from doing the same thing over again. I've tried epoxy, CA, CA+hinge tape (for the springiness) and even gluing carbon fiber strips over the area in front and behind the firewall... Nothing stops it, although to be fair the last was another nasty nose-first landing (unexpected TX battery failure, it was get it down fast or not at all).

Anyone have any other suggestions? I'm hoping that the carbon fiber will hold through most normal uses, but I've had to fix this thing about every other flight and it's getting old... Hoping for a permanent fix here.

Thanks.
This is working for me, regular 1/4" ply and screws, no glue. Many other ways.

If you get time start making your way back through the thread, lots of info. You can get through it. I usually look for the pictures first.

Good Luck,
Rob

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7250
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:40 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan
Pics of my Graysons hobby motor esc combo installed to stock mount. Hope to fly it soon, and no makin fun of my entire front end being epoxied back on , a short landing in a chisel plowed field ripped it off clean.

Rock n roll!!

Nice looking camo skin on the other plane.

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:11 PM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
Dawnron1 - Skyraider

Dawnron1

Amazed of detail.. If you do an A1-A skyraider please post..

An A1 Pilot saved my life in 1968 being close air support in an area about four soccer feilds in area.

That Tank of an Airplane was like a "crop duster" in a very small valley, and was able to climb out without hitting the hills. He was probable shitting his pants. I also was terrified, and pity-ed the poor opposing troops. What a waste of good troops.

VietVet
VietVet is offline Find More Posts by VietVet
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:00 AM
sKrude up, Rejected!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VietVet
Dawnron1

Amazed of detail.. If you do an A1-A skyraider please post..

An A1 Pilot saved my life in 1968 being close air support in an area about four soccer feilds in area.

That Tank of an Airplane was like a "crop duster" in a very small valley, and was able to climb out without hitting the hills. He was probable shitting his pants. I also was terrified, and pity-ed the poor opposing troops. What a waste of good troops.

VietVet
It's amazing the stories I've heard from my Vet friends, all I can say is Thank You for your service!!
Dave.
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 10:38 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
The Dougles Sky Raider and it's little know cousin that lost the bidding war to the Raider, the Martin Mauler were amazing aircraft.... They could lift their weight in armament, an accomplishment still not met today. The only one that comes close is the A-10 Thunderbolt.
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:57 PM
Survival is Attitude!
Hallsville Texas
Joined Aug 2005
2,235 Posts
A-10 was mine. Mechanic '77-'83
Skonkworkstexas is offline Find More Posts by Skonkworkstexas
Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:27 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,706 Posts
Check You Tail

Yesterday my PZ Typhoon ran away from home (field).

Really windy day, but got in two short flights at our local field. Immediately after takeoff on the third flight the plane pitched up and I couldn't get any down elevator response. As it continued to pitch toward level (inverted) I would roll it so it was then pitching up again and not split S into the ground. I kept this up until it got to maybe 150 ft, all the while it was being blown far over the surrounding trees. Realizing that there was no way to get it back to the runway area I chopped power and watched it flip flop flutter down well behind the surrounding trees.

Found it after a couple hours search in a small tree unscathed! Sure enough, up elevator was OK but no down elevator. Thought initially it might be a stripped servo, but on closer inspection saw that the entire horizontal stabilizer was moving aft when down elevator was commanded(elevator horn is on the top)! All 4 pieces of the tape holding the stab to the fuselage had come loose!

I checked my PZ Corsair today and the tape on it is also starting to loosen, so I'm on the way to check my T-28 as well.

I'm not set against the technique of tape securing the stab as it makes it easy to remove for repair or replacement, but from now on i will be periodically changing the tape with some good strapping type.

Y'all be careful now, ya heah!

Ted
G550Ted is online now Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Apr 22, 2009, 03:22 PM
cornwall, uk
Joined Dec 2008
29 Posts
had my t28 a while now crashed it a couple times but its still ok im looking to upgrade the motor to something with some more power and also can u guys explain how the power ratings work on these motors cheers
rosco28uk is offline Find More Posts by rosco28uk
Old Apr 22, 2009, 03:32 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco28uk
had my t28 a while now crashed it a couple times but its still ok im looking to upgrade the motor to something with some more power and also can u guys explain how the power ratings work on these motors cheers
Turnigy 3536c from HobbyCity.com is a great ugrade. 40amp speed controller with it also.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3886
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Apr 22, 2009, 05:50 PM
Vestavia Hills, AL
Joined Dec 2008
644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Turnigy 3536c from HobbyCity.com is a great ugrade. 40amp speed controller with it also.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=3886
I agree, I put this motor on both my Trojan and Corsair with the Plush 40A ESC. You can still fly just as slow as stock, but you get a lot more power when you want it! Loads of fun and quite inexpensive. It's equivalent to a power 10 on 3 cells, though I dont' think it'll handle 4 cells like the Power 10 will. However, it's less than half the price of the power 10.
orangepeal is offline Find More Posts by orangepeal