Originally Posted by Rexor

PM Sent.
Back at ya!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 14, 2009, 02:43 PM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
hey robj have you flew your ultra stick yet? I couldn't get hold of the mini pulse which was a shame cuz i wanted that plane so much so i settled for the E-flite Mini Extra 260,
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Mar 14, 2009, 03:37 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
How do I do a drop door on the t-28 trojan? I already have the servo and all, but where does the door go?
benovsoff is offline Find More Posts by benovsoff
Old Mar 14, 2009, 03:40 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Are the replacement motor mounts perfectly symmetrical??? I'm asking because when I put my new one on I have a little down right thrust which I think you would want. Or am I'm just seeing things.
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Mar 14, 2009, 03:57 PM
cjg
"Pull up, pull up!"
Vermillion, SD
Joined Jan 2006
454 Posts
Motor mounts are symetical, the firewall has the proper down and right thrust in it.
cjg is offline Find More Posts by cjg
Old Mar 14, 2009, 07:09 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,369 Posts
I crashed it

First day of flying this year. Nice sunny day, temp in the high forties. It's 6:30 PM and the final approach is from the west which is OK if the blazing sun doesnt' blind you. Well, the blazing sun did blind me. Next thing I did was auger it in. I lost orientation and stuck its nose into a muddy corn field. Yikes. it was about 400 feet past the normal turning point for lining up on the runway.

It's been very wet here in Michigan during this time of the year, However, the field was deceptive in that it looked like it was damp and maybe a little muddy in spots. I had to squeeze through a chain link fence that borders our flying field, traverse a ravine, and slog over the plane's location. Boy, was I wrong about it being just damp. I stepped into one spot where I walked out of my tennis shoes. I could barely pull them out of the goo. My socks were covered in mud. I had retrieved the plane (nose broke off) and was staggering in this muddy mess with just my socks on. It was quite the sight. The place where the shoes came off was close to a grassy/weedy area that could hold my weight and the plane. I was able to walk back into the goo and retrieve my shoes. By now the sock were a muddy mess. I pulled them off and put my shoes on again. The socks are now hanging on a shrub.

Well, it's time to open up T-28 #2 and put it into service. Sigh, the demise of #1 is disappointing, but I figure a year of fun was pretty good. The ESC is fine. Motor, who knows, I have a couple more 35-36Cs. I could try gluing it back together, but why bother.

Lesson learned. Don't stick a plane in a muddy field. It makes the plane and you a mess.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 14, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
I already added the door now. It is very long and works very well.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 07:18 PM
Gettin Back Into RC
Winnfield,La.
Joined Feb 2009
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg
Motor mounts are symetical, the firewall has the proper down and right thrust in it.
So thats how the mount should be? I was looking at mine and I could see that there was a down and to the right on the prop.
tmat is offline Find More Posts by tmat
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:38 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1
hey robj have you flew your ultra stick yet? I couldn't get hold of the mini pulse which was a shame cuz i wanted that plane so much so i settled for the E-flite Mini Extra 260,
I'm a few weeks away, still waiting on servos, extensions, etc. I did get the 35-30 mounted, 11x7 prop. Tested the CG. With a battery, this plane will actually balance on my fingers. My T-28 is always nose heavy! Even a complete stocker, gonna have to post that question one day.

Made a couple extra motor mounts to. Glued a 1/4" ply mount to the plane, then screw the other mount with the motor to that mount. Easier to R&R motor if needed. No cowl on this one.

Is that Extra a balsa model?

No flying for a while, rainy, cold, windy until next week.

Rob
Old Mar 14, 2009, 08:52 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly john
Anyone else have saggy wings???
I have a curled up wing.

Back in November sometime, I just got through flying. Had the T-28 on the tailget of the pickup. I stopped flying because of the wind. Someone stopped by the house and we were talking. I looked up to see the T-28 standing up on it's wing tip. The wind had blown the T-28 up, the right wing tip was caught in the gap between the tailgate and bed. The wind was trying to push it over. I don't know HOW the wing didn't snap. You can see the curl and the stress cracks in the wing tip paint.

The plane fly fine, Acttually this is the plane I've put the most hours on. Also the one I test most motors and props with.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:12 PM
Gettin Back Into RC
Winnfield,La.
Joined Feb 2009
224 Posts
Can anyone tell me what esc is in the T-28,make and model? Mine is the black one.

Thanks
Tommy
Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat
Can anyone tell me what esc is in the T-28,make and model? Mine is the black one.

Thanks
Tommy
The older E-flight is blue with fins...25amp. The newer is black/white e-flight 30a.

Old Mar 14, 2009, 09:49 PM
Gettin Back Into RC
Winnfield,La.
Joined Feb 2009
224 Posts
Ok thanks..
Old Mar 15, 2009, 04:06 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
I'm a few weeks away, still waiting on servos, extensions, etc. I did get the 35-30 mounted, 11x7 prop. Tested the CG. With a battery, this plane will actually balance on my fingers. My T-28 is always nose heavy! Even a complete stocker, gonna have to post that question one day.

Made a couple extra motor mounts to. Glued a 1/4" ply mount to the plane, then screw the other mount with the motor to that mount. Easier to R&R motor if needed. No cowl on this one.

Is that Extra a balsa model?

No flying for a while, rainy, cold, windy until next week.

Rob
Yer the E-flite Mini Extra 260 seems to come in to Versions balsa or foam i got the balsa one, this plane seems more 3d than the mini pulse, but thats not why i decided to change to this. this plane should fly like a sports plane on the rate d/r and expo also people have said it handles better than most in wind.
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Mar 15, 2009, 09:20 AM
Joined Jan 2009
277 Posts
now, I am off to test flight the drop door on the t-28.