HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2009, 01:36 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,198 Posts
Rhino 1750mAh 2S1P 25C Lipo???

Hey, any thoughts on whether or not a Rhino 1750mAh 2S1P 25C Lipo will fly my new Trojan without any issues or surprises?? Is it enough 'gas'??

I have a few Flight Max 1300 mAh 3S 15C's right now but just wondering...

-Mark
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:10 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,165 Posts
you can try it and see but they come with that 3s 2200 so im betting you will have short fly times with those batteries.batt may get hot too.not sure
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Feb 08, 2009, 06:51 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
I don't think a 2s will do it. You can fly the 1350 3s with no problems other than short flight times.
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Feb 08, 2009, 08:07 AM
Outstanding in the field of...
New Haven, CT., USA
Joined Feb 2006
2,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
Hey, any thoughts on whether or not a Rhino 1750mAh 2S1P 25C Lipo will fly my new Trojan without any issues or surprises?? Is it enough 'gas'??

-Mark

Wouldn't the 2cell be too low a voltage? A 3cell is 11.1vDC.
Max Headspeed is offline Find More Posts by Max Headspeed
Old Feb 08, 2009, 08:23 AM
I Can Fly Inverted :)
California
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy

-Mark
I wouldn't fly w/ the 2S lipo in my T28. No way will there be enough power to have fun with and there maybe some control issues too. Like if you get in a tight spot and need more power, and wind gusts can be a factor too for more power. It's best to fly w/ full power at the ready using 3S lipo, IMHO.
Bill
fresbill is offline Find More Posts by fresbill
Old Feb 08, 2009, 08:55 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
+1 to using 3s instead...
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Feb 08, 2009, 02:39 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,629 Posts
hey you guys, my computer crashed so havn't been on the past few weeks. Whats been happening? Any new mods? -Tyler
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Feb 08, 2009, 03:00 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321
hey you guys, my computer crashed so havn't been on the past few weeks. Whats been happening? Any new mods? -Tyler
Nothing, come back in another 3 weeks!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Feb 08, 2009, 03:46 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Nothing, come back in another 3 weeks!

haha... just got an xbox 360 so I'm tempted... lol.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:19 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Ok here is something I've been looking closer at on my T-28s. The weak wing connection. You might have noticed that the wing does not fit snuggly to the fuse. Mine(all 4) do seem to vary greatly, one almost 1/4", the best one, just under 1/8". What I did was to wet the area a bit, then at the largest gap, squeeze in some white gorilla glue and let it expand. The water helps it to expand more. The wing is a lot more secure yet easy to cut through than epoxy or CA. The gorilla glue cuts nicely like foam. I don't glue the whole crack to give it some breakway if needed.

Rob
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:22 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Here is another neat little thing I picked up in the LHS. I tend to take off pretty steep when flying on concrete because my place has curbs. And the little wing tip protectors...because we've ALL tipped our T-28 on a wing tip turning to fast. BTW and I know the wing tips are on backwards.... since the scraping occurs close to the front tip, I reversed them.

Rob
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:27 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,629 Posts
Hey Rob,

I did the same thing except for on the wings I just put some packing tape on the edges so as to not add very much weight. I just epoxied my wings together because I totally forgot about using gorilla glue. The reason I had to glue mine (again) was becaues on a landing I was coming in hot and had trees to my back so I tried to catch it... BAD IDEA!! I caought the wing... but the fuselage just kept on going!!!
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Ok here is something I've been looking closer at on my T-28s. The weak wing connection. You might have noticed that the wing does not fit snuggly to the fuse. Mine(all 4) do seem to vary greatly, one almost 1/4", the best one, just under 1/8". What I did was to wet the area a bit, then at the largest gap, squeeze in some white gorilla glue and let it expand. The water helps it to expand more. The wing is a lot more secure yet easy to cut through than epoxy or CA. The gorilla glue cuts nicely like foam. I don't glue the whole crack to give it some breakway if needed.

Rob
i added some soft velcro- makes it more snug, and still can take off the wing
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:50 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
i added some soft velcro- makes it more snug, and still can take off the wing
Velcro a good idea, you had that much room? Did you go the lenght of the wing? Shoot some pics and post. I didn't have that much room except in one small place. IMO you would want a good semi-solid joint to take some of the load off the for and aft joints.

Rob
Old Feb 08, 2009, 05:52 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Velcro a good idea, you had that much room? Did you go the lenght of the wing? Shoot some pics and post. I didn't have that much room except in one small place. IMO you would want a good semi-solid joint to take some of the load off the for and aft joints.

Rob
it compressed down

ill try and get some pics up soon

i also put a strip on the side opposite of where the pegs go into the fuse, the vert piece by the screw area. this made the wing a lot more sturdy.