HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2009, 11:38 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
Where can I get the 11x7 or 11x7.5 (or 11x8) that will fit the shaft just right? What company? Thanks!
Got mine at the LHS. Price of about 2.50 to 3.00 is close enough to any internet price. Just just have them in boxes on the wall. All kinds. I went with a regular prop, not an E prop(didn't know there was a E (electric) for a while). Previous page there is a pic of the MAS prop. Last one I tried a APC gray colored prop. Didn't look as good but LHS guy says they seem to work better and are better balanced. Who knows, same price and they looked more agressive.

To fit in the stock adapter, you need a METRIC prop reamer. I think "standard" props come about 1/4" ID hole. The T-28 prop ID hole is 8mm. Who knows why they didn't go standard....that's right parts sales.

Got my reamer off the net for $13, LHS only had a US size. Real easy to do, takes 30 seconds to ream one out and its pretty fool proof.

The motor shaft is 4mm so you could buy a standard e-flight adapter.

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:32 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
guys, just got back from flying- i was a bout 10* from disaster

was rolling at about 10 feet, giving down when the plane was invertd, and up when normal to keep the 10 feet of altitude i had (continuous aileron deflection, just move from top right to bottom right) and all of a sudden i heard a shout from a kid somewhere, it distracted me, and i accidentally pulled up while inverted at 10 feet. went straight towards the ground, time kinda slowed down, and i was sure it was a goner. i forgot to let go of aileron (or mabe i ment to keep holdong it and by some miracle it hit wheels first. the canopy flew off ( i was expecting an explosion- had been at WOT) and it bounced back into the air and kept flying! i flipped the flaps down ( going towards a wall) and landed with bout 20 feet to spare. hte only damage so far is the front wheel is bent back, and one of hte wing wheel mounts is cracked...
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:04 PM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
guys, just got back from flying- i was a bout 10* from disaster
Better lucky than good sometimes!

My son thinks it's hilarious when my pilot pulls the eject handle!
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:42 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
lol, these two kids were like "the driver popped out!!!"
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:18 PM
Agoura Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2007
504 Posts
Man, I wish you had video of that!!
eddo22 is offline Find More Posts by eddo22
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:33 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
i hav vid of bout 5 min before of flying my home made plane, but not this. im glad i didnt hit anyone, that is what i keep thinking about...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 02:52 AM
Joined Jul 2007
765 Posts
Well here are the pics of how it looks.
Its all complete now and ready for the maiden flight tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
With that in mind, isn't a 10x5 prop the wrong way to go for a 1000kv motor.
Look forward to pics and video of how it flys.

Rob
That prop was intended for a Predator UAV I got from UH (Looks fantastic BTW)

The 10 Inch prop protrudes below the virtical tail so Im using it on the T28 instead.

There's nothing stopping me from putting in the 1250kv version which would prob suit the prop a bit better.

Im just playing it safe untill I see how it flys.
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Jan 30, 2009, 07:01 AM
Joined Apr 2008
260 Posts
Just ordered a new Trojan after having crashed my beloved old one. I have been looking into the Parkzone Corsair and the EFlite Sea Fury. I still like the Sea Fury very much with the high "cool" factor having retracts and the Corsair is just plain beautiful, being a warbird.

But, I figured, with the Trojan having main and nose gears, take off's and landings are so much easier for me on the rough grass fields I fly off. Sure, I can always belly land the corsair or Sea Fury but I just love to do ROG's and touch and go's.

So, an other Trojan it is. I will look into adding flaps on the new one and make it a bit more scale looking. And the old airframe makes for great parts.

Well, only a few more days to wait before the Trojan arrives from Germany here in Holland. Most versatile and enjoyable plane I have ever had!
Lenop is offline Find More Posts by Lenop
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:03 AM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake

The 10 Inch prop protrudes below the virtical tail so Im using it on the T28 instead.

There's nothing stopping me from putting in the 1250kv version which would prob suit the prop a bit better.

How is this comparable in performance to the stock motor? Is a 40a esc needed or will the stock 30a suffice?
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:43 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake

That motor should be killer, looks to have more power than my 35-36c. I run the 11x7.5, you seen the vertical videos? You'll have to relearn the throttle, it moves. If you keep that motor you really should ditch the stock plastic mount for one of the ebay metal mounts for $20. I don't have one but I know how easy it is to break the plastic mount, I broke one on the bench with a slightly out of balance prop!

Awaiting you hear your flight report!

Rob
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Last edited by robj; Jan 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:12 AM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
hmm, my motor/esc made a funny noise at the field today. instead of the normal "looong, shortshortshort. bu dum bum!" like normal, the last frase was only 2 beeps same tone...

motor busted? flew fine...

but i think my firewall or motor is cracked, really pulled up, would go vert w/ normal trim...
Old Jan 31, 2009, 03:14 PM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Hey, Y'all

Some really sweet looking T-28s here. I bought one from a guy getting out of the hobby and am painting it in Marine colors. I decided to use craft paints as they were closest to what I was trying to reproduce. BIG MISTAKE! The paint is sooo thin, it's taking too many coats to cover! Hopefully, it'll still look good when finished. Pice below of the plane I'm copying- pics of the plane coming soon.

I need a speed control for it. Without spending the money Park Zone wants for theirs, Has anyone found a good, cheaper one to use?
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
Old Jan 31, 2009, 03:26 PM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
Speed Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
Hey, Y'all

I need a speed control for it. Without spending the money Park Zone wants for theirs, Has anyone found a good, cheaper one to use?
mastrsn:

Try www.hobbycity.com

Thier 60 Amp ( two types ) have a switching ESC BEC
Way over kill , but this is the link... $43.89

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller

Buy the card for programing also.. $7

This ESC is a 80 amp design with smaller FET's
It will allow you many options of Cell Count an motor's Turnigy is a good buy.

Cheers VietVet
VietVet is offline Find More Posts by VietVet
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:26 PM
Joined Jul 2008
81 Posts
Has anyone put a 4S bat with a Power 10 Motor?
FlyHog is offline Find More Posts by FlyHog
Old Jan 31, 2009, 06:47 PM
Another 3DHS convert...
Newnan GA
Joined Mar 2006
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrsn
Hey, Y'all

Some really sweet looking T-28s here. I bought one from a guy getting out of the hobby and am painting it in Marine colors. I decided to use craft paints as they were closest to what I was trying to reproduce. BIG MISTAKE! The paint is sooo thin, it's taking too many coats to cover! Hopefully, it'll still look good when finished. Pice below of the plane I'm copying- pics of the plane coming soon.

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...UP--32A/Detail

The Tower Pro, the first one, I used the 25A version for awhile and had no problems. The second is what I'm currently running and believe it to be of excellent quality. The last one is from HeadsUpRC which I have bought numerous things from in the past. You can get the last speed control with connectors and everything for under $30 shipped which would be cheaper than the Hobby City ones. Personally, I really don't see the need for anything near a 60A ESC for this plane.
jetboy11914 is offline Find More Posts by jetboy11914