HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:33 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321
Hey you guys, don't really want to read through the past few pages... whats been going on here?
same o same o...READ IT!!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:15 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
same o same o...READ IT!!

Isn't it "same 'ole, same 'ole"?
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:09 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadClams
Isn't it "same 'ole, same 'ole"?
spkn txt?

spelled fonetically?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:12 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJmarv
The wing is in one piece but it broke out the mounts.
BTW I think that rear mount (and the whole wing mount) is the worst ever.

Even a light crash or roll over can damage the wing.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:42 PM
Foam-Friendly
Southlake, TX
Joined Oct 2007
66 Posts
What is the status of the EF p-47. Are they not going to make it anymore? It's a nice craft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
On another note, today is a sad day. Another of the few eflite p-47's left died today. No I didnt crash it. She flew well, even in some very windy conditions. Then I left her on top of the car as I flew the t-28. The wind had died down by then. Suddenly a constant draft of about 20mph with 25+ gusts came along right as I was flying. Nocked her straight off the roof. Part of the left wing cracked off cleanly, the right wing edge collapsed, and the retaining bolt that holds the wing on the bottom came clear off. Its repairable but Ill be retiring her. She will be fixed, but for decorations purposes only. She will probably never fly again...
Looking into a hobby city su-31 or mig-3 to replace her... On another note, I did some stationary knife edges on the 28 today. The wheel pants I put on (easy to do, with either balsa or styrene sheet) act as a form of side force generators, so she actually will climb when knife edging. There was so much wind that she just sat there sideways. That was pretty cool. Landing was another adventure, but some good skills put her down safely. I was taxing to take off one last time and a gust of wind caught her broadside as I was turning with the motor on about 35% power. Well, the 3 blade prop dissapeared, lets just put it that way. One prop blade went about 50 feet high and fluttered back down slowly. The other 2 were nowhere to be found. Crap quality. No matter, still have the 2 bladers. So all in all today was kinda lame....
F4UforU is offline Find More Posts by F4UforU
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:56 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
sham wow dude! he is my hero! lol
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4UforU
What is the status of the EF p-47. Are they not going to make it anymore? It's a nice craft!
They haven't made the P-47 for about a year now. Pretty rare to find a NIB one these days. And replacement parts are even more rare.
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:41 AM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4UforU
Well it has had some pretty bad nocks due to many factors. The most catastrophic was when it was blown off the car roof while I flew my t-28. I did however repair it, all I have left to do is glue in the motor stick mount. I even considered putting in retracts but couldnt bring myself to cut that wing that isnt even produced anymore
Anyway, I effected a full repair and the damage is barely noticeable. With the new pinion I ordered I expect a good few more flights before I retire her for something new. She really is a great plane, and I know where to get a new one, but I have to negotiate with the owner to see if hell bring down the price, then I might get it. Or I could sell it. How much do people pay for nib versions of this these days? Im really looking at alphas new p-47 with flaps and retracts, and think that if anyone else wants a p-47 they should look that way too. The p-47 was the best in its class in its day (that was about 4 years ago) and is still an excellent plane, but there are better options (not much better, but better). Either way mine soldiers on, as p-47's are meant to. I added a steerable tail wheel and flaps as well, will post once everything is back together... Need some spice to go along with the t-28 pics in here!
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:27 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchkid24
They haven't made the P-47 for about a year now. Pretty rare to find a NIB one these days. And replacement parts are even more rare.
could this be a hint at what the next plane might be from parkzone?

think about this the T-28 has a fat chubby front cowl, their next plane the Corsair has a fat chubby cowl, unpainted the 2 fuselages look very similar

to keep all the great flying characteristics these planes have it would be easy to make it into a P-47 a chucbby cowled plane

ok so i'm just dreaming, but! a nice P-47 to continue with the great sales the first 2 planes have had

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is offline Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:09 AM
Joined Jul 2007
762 Posts
My first T28 Upgrade

The stock ESC died so I took the oppertunity to upgrade.

The Motor I got is the Turnigy SK3542-1000kv and a 10x5prop

A Turnigy Plush 40a for the ESC.

The great thing about this motor is that it is going to bolt
on to the stock mount with very little modifcation!

I do have a spare Turnigy SK3542-1250kv that I could put in but Ill try the 1000kv version first.

Pics coming soon :P
The_RattleSnake is offline Find More Posts by The_RattleSnake
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:14 AM
Never look down
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Jun 2007
382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake

I do have a spare Turnigy SK3542-1250kv that I could put in but Ill try the 1000kv version first.

I can't wait to see your setup. Hurry up with the pics...hahaha.
Hack73 is offline Find More Posts by Hack73
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:27 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_RattleSnake

First I don't know much about these motor things...but what I've read. And I guess what someone else has done and/or trial and error is how you get at things.

With that in mind, isn't a 10x5 prop the wrong way to go for a 1000kv motor. I thought I read lower kv, slower moving prop, larger prop. Higher rpm lower prop.

I know with my 35-36c, with the stock prop, 9.5x7.5, it doesn't fly much better, with a 10x8 it's not to bad. 10x7, not much, but the 11x7 or better the 11x7.5 is the real winner. It seems my plane like a longer prop.

Look forward to pics and video of how it flys.

Rob
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:29 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
could this be a hint at what the next plane might be from parkzone?

think about this the T-28 has a fat chubby front cowl, their next plane the Corsair has a fat chubby cowl, unpainted the 2 fuselages look very similar

to keep all the great flying characteristics these planes have it would be easy to make it into a P-47 a chucbby cowled plane

ok so i'm just dreaming, but! a nice P-47 to continue with the great sales the first 2 planes have had

cheers chuck
Actually I'd like to see something more streamlined. May not happen wince they already have those in the 3 channel version. But watching them on youtube they seem to be down on power.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:00 AM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Where can I get the 11x7 or 11x7.5 (or 11x8) that will fit the shaft just right? What company? Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 09:02 AM
Foam flies better
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Well p-47=temporary to permanent retirement. I fixed her, and there is no damage to the plane. Instead I had a problem wit the 400 inrunner motor, and I dont feel like risking the p-47 burning out and destroying it, so I just transferred it to my old parkzone typhoon. Feel like doing 3d again anyway. She will go as decoration on the wall for now. Of course, I never thought I would resurrect the typhoon, so who knows what will be in store for this little fellow in the future.