Thanks guys. Experience pays off I guess
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:12 AM
EA OUTLAWS
Polk City Florida
Joined Jun 2008
491 Posts
[QUOTE=Fly Or Die]Here is an old vid of my t-28 before I repainted her into the great plane she is today.
Very nice flying Fly Or Die
EAO HarleyMan is offline Find More Posts by EAO HarleyMan
Old Jan 25, 2009, 02:02 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
wind is still NIL here, might sneak out for another fly!!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:25 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
My video for the day. Dang wet field blew water on the lense. It looks like some of it dried part way through. This may be as high as I've been straight up, still can't get that perfect shot when I level out to see how high.

Enjoy... Rob

Parkzone T-28 with Turnigy 35-36c and 11x7 prop Camera 5 in 1 Edvr (6 min 3 sec)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:07 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
weather was crummy this weekend.
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:24 PM
Joined Apr 2008
57 Posts
it was decent weather here, just cold today. too cold to fly(30 degrees). But saturday I got a good 30 minutes in. I got about 15 good touch and goes...only one small incident, the wind blew from the side as i was turning and it tipped over upside down haha. I noticed that my left wheel is coming loose. But I'm getting about 30 minutes a flight outta my stock battery. I give it about 3/4 throttle to takeoff. then cut to half throttle and go up about 300-400 ft and cut the power and it'll glide a nice while. I can still do rolls and a loop or two with it gliding. then I land. Then a few minutes i'll do nothing but takeoff do a circuit and land to get some touch n go's in. And of course I have a few minutes of full throttle to get some inverted and flips and spins in. All that adds up to about 23-30 minutes.
kgh31386 is offline Find More Posts by kgh31386
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:46 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
o, dont start the too cold to fly thing, some of these guys are visious and will make you wish you never said that.

thats why i dont have a tounge anymore...

lol, jk

i agree tho, im ready for the summer...
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:21 AM
rosemead, CA
Joined Jan 2009
294 Posts
los angelas forecast for tuesday and on is sunny 78 degrees! hows this for winter im planning on t-28 as my second plane originally was going to get f4u but i think that will be number 3
minorng is offline Find More Posts by minorng
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:19 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,774 Posts
T-28 and F4U are both Awesome. They both handle about the same= OUTSTANDING!! Your going to have to go ahead and have both. To me RC Flying is kinda like building plastic display models. The only difference is the RC's are displayed dynamically. Thats what I say when people ask why I have so many. Even if 2 planes fly the same, they still look different and that is a substantial difference.
Cubcrazy is online now Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:03 AM
rosemead, CA
Joined Jan 2009
294 Posts
i heard that the t-28 is easier to fly and and easier to see to right now i dont have any radio gear so my plan is to buy the t-28 and change out the rx for the berg one that people seem to like and or buy t-28 pnp and f4u rtf
minorng is offline Find More Posts by minorng
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:52 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
FYI for the Turnigy folks...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post11434266
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2008
32 Posts
T28 First flight and wreck

I had the T28 with me at work. All my batteries were topped off so I took it to the flying field and there was no wind and no one else flying as I expected at 10 degrees out. I flew it around for about 10 minutes with about 4-5 landings. After landing long I decided to take off the other way and see how that went. well long story short I got out of control to close to the ground and sprialed in. The wing is in one piece but it broke out the mounts. Allso the nose riped off right fwd of the canopy. Looks easy enough to fix and i was told I would be doing this at some point when i have a wreck. Where is info on the good fixes for this damage? I was planning on just epoxying the foam parts back together. And mods that helps with this damage? I'm going to start reading thru these main posts on the T28 to see what I find. That was my first flight of an Ailerion RC plane and I would call it a sucess even though its in a few pieces now. The plane really flies nice and easy if you have the basic idea of RC flying.
CRJmarv is offline Find More Posts by CRJmarv
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:31 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJmarv
I had the T28 with me at work. All my batteries were topped off so I took it to the flying field and there was no wind and no one else flying as I expected at 10 degrees out. I flew it around for about 10 minutes with about 4-5 landings. After landing long I decided to take off the other way and see how that went. well long story short I got out of control to close to the ground and sprialed in. The wing is in one piece but it broke out the mounts. Allso the nose riped off right fwd of the canopy. Looks easy enough to fix and i was told I would be doing this at some point when i have a wreck. Where is info on the good fixes for this damage? I was planning on just epoxying the foam parts back together. And mods that helps with this damage? I'm going to start reading thru these main posts on the T28 to see what I find. That was my first flight of an Ailerion RC plane and I would call it a sucess even though its in a few pieces now. The plane really flies nice and easy if you have the basic idea of RC flying.
Your on the right track - I use CA vs epoxy but only as I hate waiting for the stuff to dry... I've had a similar crash (stuck it in tree and had to throw balls to get it out) wing ripped off at the bolt area and tail broke off... CA and 15 min later it was flying again - there just as easy to repair as they are to fly

Best of luck with it m8,

Steve
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:17 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJmarv
It happens, I broke the nose off one of mine on the first flight to, came in a lot faster than the Skyflys and smacked a curb. I fixed mine with white gorilla glue. I like the expanding action to fill the voids. It's help up well. You just have to tape the 2 pieces together while it expands. You can also use this glue to fill puncture holes and such. After it expands out, just cut it flush. I use a slow set CA with the activator spray for most other stuff.

Here is that very plane with the bigger motor and prop. You can see the crack and where the tape removed the paint. I'm not to fickle about the way my planes look at the moment. It is a "T" rated plane anyway!

And if you go back a few posts to the youtube I posted, yep, the same fixed plane is the one in the video.

Post some pics for us.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:43 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,623 Posts
Hey you guys, don't really want to read through the past few pages... whats been going on here?
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321