HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:35 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
On another note, today is a sad day. Another of the few eflite p-47's left died today. No I didnt crash it. She flew well, even in some very windy conditions. Then I left her on top of the car as I flew the t-28. The wind had died down by then. Suddenly a constant draft of about 20mph with 25+ gusts came along right as I was flying. Nocked her straight off the roof. Part of the left wing cracked off cleanly, the right wing edge collapsed, and the retaining bolt that holds the wing on the bottom came clear off. Its repairable but Ill be retiring her. She will be fixed, but for decorations purposes only. She will probably never fly again...
Looking into a hobby city su-31 or mig-3 to replace her... On another note, I did some stationary knife edges on the 28 today. The wheel pants I put on (easy to do, with either balsa or styrene sheet) act as a form of side force generators, so she actually will climb when knife edging. There was so much wind that she just sat there sideways. That was pretty cool. Landing was another adventure, but some good skills put her down safely. I was taxing to take off one last time and a gust of wind caught her broadside as I was turning with the motor on about 35% power. Well, the 3 blade prop dissapeared, lets just put it that way. One prop blade went about 50 feet high and fluttered back down slowly. The other 2 were nowhere to be found. Crap quality. No matter, still have the 2 bladers. So all in all today was kinda lame....
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:40 PM
John,not Zerts.JOHN, NOT Zerts
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2007
1,835 Posts
Can anyone tell me what typical (stock) aileron throws are? I built my T-28 from parts, so using different servos etc.
Zerts is offline Find More Posts by Zerts
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:28 AM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
Got the Castle BEC's today...ordered from Amazon (Hobby People). About $23 each, smaller than I thought, figured ESC size. Default setting is 5.1v, yo ucan change that with the optional Castle USB interface.

No real instructions, just wire it to the esc battery connection, then I guess the ESC goes to the throttle post as normal and the BEC goes to the Batt/Bind post on the receiver.

Come complete with NASCAR stickers for my plane!

Rob
could you post some pics on how it is set up in the plane? im still confuzed...
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:54 AM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
could you post some pics on how it is set up in the plane? im still confuzed...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=2009868
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:14 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,429 Posts
thanks hellsiege.

ok, i get it now.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
flyin high
Fort wayen IN
Joined Oct 2008
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
thanks hellsiege.

ok, i get it now.
Hey Kmart have you flown lattely
mohawkboy4 is offline Find More Posts by mohawkboy4
Old Jan 24, 2009, 03:07 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkboy4
Hey Kmart have you flown lattely
2 hours ago and again when my batts done
Old Jan 24, 2009, 03:33 PM
flyin high
Fort wayen IN
Joined Oct 2008
185 Posts
Cool i just got done flying and it did not go so pritty but no harm done.
mohawkboy4 is offline Find More Posts by mohawkboy4
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:32 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkboy4
Cool i just got done flying and it did not go so pritty but no harm done.

For you... I had a B-E-A-Utiful flight!!! lol
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:44 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,429 Posts
mine were good, but a little cold. and i stalled the second landing at about 3 feet up (was trying to see how short of a landing roll i could get) and bent the front wheel again. i have some cf behind it, so it still bends, but then goes back to normal...
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:59 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Here is an old vid of my t-28 before I repainted her into the great plane she is today.
Parkzone t-28 Trojan (6 min 32 sec)
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Jan 25, 2009, 07:07 AM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
604 Posts
Wow I love this plane. Flew it today for the second time. First was last weekend and it did good. Went ahead and installed flaps for playing around and even with deflection of less than an inch it still slows down to almost a hover with a slight breeze. Weather is around 34 degrees so the batts didn't last but about 7-8 minutes of agressive flying. I'll adjust them so they have more angle for the next time out. Would've done it at the field but you know how it is when cold.... fingers hurt, and you can barely stay on the sticks let alone worry about minor adjustments.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:42 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,048 Posts
Got in 3 batteries this morning, 2 in one plane and a 2200 with the 35-36 and 11x7 prop and flaps in the other. Winds were mostly calm, overcast, about 45-50 degrees. Maybe 10 minutes out of the 2200, I was doing some verts but a lot of just calm flying. About 6 touch n go and/or landing. Flaps used all the time.

I timed a stock PK battery with the 35-30 motor and a stock prop. 17 minutes. 3 take offs and landings. On this flight mostly half throttle in a tight pattern, I was trying to keep it inside a soccer field. But I ran about 6-8 vert runs with a power on stall. This motor and stock prop(flys like the OEM motor) will power on stall in about 100-125 feet starting from a half throttle level flight. On the second battery with the 35-30 I got about 10 minutes, same type of flying except I did about 10 touch and goes. No flaps on this plane. It never hit the limiter (stock 30a esc) because the front wheel came loose on me. They watered the field last night (no reason!!) and it was hard to steer clear of some mud. Front 3" wheel got bogged in one pretty good on a landing.

With the DX5e the second plane is always fun at first until I get it trimmed out!! I need a third hand!

Good luck flying today! Oh while driving to the field this guy pulls out in front of me at a stop sign(legal turn, it was his turn) with an old mid 60's station wagon, pulling a small stainless miniture type travel trailer with a canoe on top. OK I say to myself "ok interesting rig". When I get beside him at the light, he had a Thunderbird painted F-16 in the back. Pretty sure a real jet, the plane was about 6'+ long. There is a private field near me, membership is all full.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:45 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
Here is an old vid of my t-28 before I repainted her into the great plane she is today.

Nice flying, I need a lot more sim time to get the inverted down like that. Right now for me it's just straight for several hundred feet telling myself "stick down!". And never below split S level of about 50!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:49 AM
Capitalist
United States, CA, Redding
Joined Sep 2008
1,856 Posts
Fly or Die-- I just watched your vid before comming over here! Very nice job!
fnlrun is online now Find More Posts by fnlrun