SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:34 PM
Hawk Fanatic
SkylineFlyer's Avatar
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkpilot101
How much u want and where do u live?
I would need a couple of weeks to do it and if your serious about it, PM me.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:36 PM
flyin high
mohawkboy4's Avatar
Fort wayen IN
Joined Oct 2008
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321
on the Supercub thread were pushing 1,000!!!!!! Oh yeah you guys, the longest time I've ever gotten was when me and my friend kept doing touch and goes and landings. Our battery lasted about 1/2 an hour and we didn't even hit LVC!!
who did that with you
mohawkboy4 is offline Find More Posts by mohawkboy4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:38 PM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
ugly john's Avatar
USA, FL, Green Cove Springs
Joined Jul 2008
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
flying the SC with big lipos, i get it up, then lay down- you are keeping your head normal, but still can look up.
You obviously don't have fire ants up your way.
ugly john is offline Find More Posts by ugly john
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:42 PM
Registered User
Kmart's Avatar
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly john
You obviously don't have fire ants up your way.
ugg, i hate that word

there in texas, and we have family there. so annoying. i dont know how you do it. nope, no fire ants, but mountain lions, black bears, bobcats, and way too many deer.....


i would never live somewhere where there are fire ants.... they are viscious!!!


lol
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 08:44 PM
flyin high
mohawkboy4's Avatar
Fort wayen IN
Joined Oct 2008
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
ugg, i hate that word

there in texas, and we have family there. so annoying. i dont know how you do it. nope, no fire ants, but mountain lions, black bears, bobcats, and way too many deer.....


i would never live somewhere where there are fire ants.... they are viscious!!!


lol
do you ever see the black bears there.
mohawkboy4 is offline Find More Posts by mohawkboy4
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:26 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
57 Posts
sadly had my first 2 crashes today

Both of them were STUPID haha. I flew in 15mph winds and landed FINE all 10 times. Today NO wind at all, and I'm flying low to the ground turning left, and for some dumb reason I let the left wing clip the grass and it cartwheeled like 3 times and as it settled the butt smacked the ground. Chunk is now missing off the very bottom of the rudder. Next crash again my fault, I landed smoothly...and drifted towards the curb, the wing clipped it and turned immediately to the curb. The little fork that connects the servo wire to the aileron broke. So I took the one off my cub and screwed it onto the Trojan. Is it bad if the servo gets hit like that? Before that though, 10 smooth landings again.
kgh31386 is offline Find More Posts by kgh31386
Last edited by kgh31386; Jan 21, 2009 at 09:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:30 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,636 Posts
I was joking, but I don't know about park pilot.
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:37 PM
John,not Zerts.JOHN, NOT Zerts
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2007
1,840 Posts
I am setting up the power system in a "parts-built" Trojan, and noticed a large amount of vibration with the motor throttled fairly high. The motor mount has a little bit of "give" where it is fastened the to the front of the fuse, obviously the flexibility of foam.

Is this normal? The prop was balanced, etc.
Zerts is offline Find More Posts by Zerts
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
57 Posts
how bad is it to run the lipo to LVC? I was letting my plane run down at like 1/4 throttle and forgot about it for about 10 minutes. When I went to check on it, it was just sitting there. not even enough juice to spin the prop, servos still moved though...is that really really bad for the lipo?
kgh31386 is offline Find More Posts by kgh31386
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:45 PM
Staying Frosty
Hellsiege's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerts
I am setting up the power system in a "parts-built" Trojan, and noticed a large amount of vibration with the motor throttled fairly high. The motor mount has a little bit of "give" where it is fastened the to the front of the fuse, obviously the flexibility of foam.

Is this normal? The prop was balanced, etc.
Check the motor mount sounds just like when you have cracks in that mount. Replace it or use CA to fix the hairline cracks, there usually on the 90's..hope this helps.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:51 PM
Staying Frosty
Hellsiege's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgh31386
how bad is it to run the lipo to LVC? I was letting my plane run down at like 1/4 throttle and forgot about it for about 10 minutes. When I went to check on it, it was just sitting there. not even enough juice to spin the prop, servos still moved though...is that really really bad for the lipo?
You'll get what you put into a lipo when it comes to taking care of it...

Why would you let it run down? What voltage is it now? Any "puffyness"?
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 09:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2008
57 Posts
I didn't know if the charger would recognize it was still half charged, so I thought I'd better be safe and run it lower so I could avoid overcharging it. I dunno the voltage, but it was just sitting there....prop not spinning but the throttle was at 1/4. Should I try to charge it up again now? It's not warm or puffing or anything
kgh31386 is offline Find More Posts by kgh31386
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:03 PM
John,not Zerts.JOHN, NOT Zerts
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2007
1,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege
Check the motor mount sounds just like when you have cracks in that mount. Replace it or use CA to fix the hairline cracks, there usually on the 90's..hope this helps.
It's a brand new setup. I was bench testing it. I just switched to a larger diameter, less pitch prop and the vibration went down a lot. It still is kind of excessive, but a lot less. Maybe the motor was running too high RPM's with the smaller prop. Maybe it will be flyable now. (I will do the first few flights w/o cowl and keep an eye on the mount)
Zerts is offline Find More Posts by Zerts
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:27 PM
Staying Frosty
Hellsiege's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgh31386
I didn't know if the charger would recognize it was still half charged, so I thought I'd better be safe and run it lower so I could avoid overcharging it. I dunno the voltage, but it was just sitting there....prop not spinning but the throttle was at 1/4. Should I try to charge it up again now? It's not warm or puffing or anything
If your using stock charger it will prob error when you plug it in if you got the cells below 3v per cell. I mentioned above doing this with a lipo receiver pack and it's toast now... You want to make sure when you drain your packs they don't go below 10v for a 3 cell pack... I recommend 11v for your stop point but the choice is yours.
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2009, 10:29 PM
Staying Frosty
Hellsiege's Avatar
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerts
It's a brand new setup. I was bench testing it. I just switched to a larger diameter, less pitch prop and the vibration went down a lot. It still is kind of excessive, but a lot less. Maybe the motor was running too high RPM's with the smaller prop. Maybe it will be flyable now. (I will do the first few flights w/o cowl and keep an eye on the mount)
Stock motor? What size prop before and then now?

Hows the motor shaft spin w/no prop on it? Aftermarket spinner not balanced properly? Just tossing out ideas really suprised when you said it wasn't the mount....
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 879 Aug 11, 2014 10:08 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 05:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 06:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 02:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 03:48 PM