HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2009, 03:31 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted
LVC of 3.5v is rather high (early). Is that an option for your ESC? Maybe a dumb question since you have it set that way, but most LVCs for LiPos are at 3.0v which would result in longer flights.
Longer flights and shorter battery life...3.0 is usually the low option on a LVC - 3.5 means the pack will have 10.5v when I land IMO that would be fine but still prefer to land with them closer to 11v... my $.02
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2009, 03:33 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
Quote:
6,000 posts and 400 pages on part 2 of this thread!

Says something about the T-28 huh.

on the Supercub thread were pushing 1,000!!!!!! Oh yeah you guys, the longest time I've ever gotten was when me and my friend kept doing touch and goes and landings. Our battery lasted about 1/2 an hour and we didn't even hit LVC!!
flyboy321 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy321
Old Jan 21, 2009, 04:05 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
wow flyboy

i use 2200 and i hit lvc at bout 7 min. lol
Kmart is offline Find More Posts by Kmart
Old Jan 21, 2009, 04:15 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
wow flyboy

i use 2200 and i hit lvc at bout 7 min. lol

probably because you're using all full throttle
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:09 PM
What smoke?
SoCal
Joined Feb 2008
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege
Longer flights and shorter battery life...3.0 is usually the low option on a LVC - 3.5 means the pack will have 10.5v when I land IMO that would be fine but still prefer to land with them closer to 11v... my $.02
I agree with you 100% I try and time all my flights to try and come down with the battery no lower then 11.1, It's safe for the battery's and still gives me time if I need to make another pass or two.

Lostlad
Lostlad is offline Find More Posts by Lostlad
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:13 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
i land at 6 min, and i am always within .05v of 11.45

not all the way down, but a safe amount.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:21 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,957 Posts
Well I fly short 6-8 min flights on all my models... I thought it was coming from heli's due to them just being less efficient (lets face it glide angle sucks) but it could also be my neck and back injury from the army (20% disabled) I just can't stand there and stare up that much which explains my recent addiction to flying low....

Whatever the explanation it has saved my lipos I think as to date I've only had one go bad on me and it was when I left it on the heli's receiver for two weeks (apparently vregs can draw power even when "off")... I've had some loose power after 50-60 cycles but have never had one "puff" when in use...
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:26 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege
Well I fly short 6-8 min flights on all my models... I thought it was coming from heli's due to them just being less efficient (lets face it glide angle sucks) but it could also be my neck and back injury from the army (20% disabled) I just can't stand there and stare up that much which explains my recent addiction to flying low....

Whatever the explanation it has saved my lipos I think as to date I've only had one go bad on me and it was when I left it on the heli's receiver for two weeks (apparently vregs can draw power even when "off")... I've had some loose power after 50-60 cycles but have never had one "puff" when in use...
ive never had a puff either

have you done pilates? my dad is pretty messed up in the back (ejecting out of an f16 messes you up) and has been doing pilates. it seems to help alot. and the odd thing that helped was accupuncture. he just got back a week ago from DC- he was seeing Fmr VP chenney's doctor, who did accupuncture and it helped him alot. my dad was really skeptical about it, but the AF was paying for him to go, so he just gave it a shot. PM me if ya want more info....

flying the SC with big lipos, i get it up, then lay down- you are keeping your head normal, but still can look up.

cant lay down and fly the trojan yet, well, mabe, if i was flying safe....

the last time i was flying, my wingtip came well within a foot of the ground while i was flying knife edge (in a turn) supa scary......
Old Jan 21, 2009, 05:31 PM
I Can Fly Inverted :)
California
Joined Apr 2007
159 Posts
Quote:
LVC of 3.5v is rather high (early). Is that an option for your ESC? Maybe a dumb question since you have it set that way, but most LVCs for LiPos are at 3.0v which would result in longer flights.
Sorry Ted, I miss spoke, the manual says the LVC is preset closer to 3V per cell than 3.5V I mentioned. Of coarse I'm probably wrong about that too.

Bill
fresbill is offline Find More Posts by fresbill
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:01 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
What are you guys doing? I get 15 to 18 minutes from my 2200's... Both the parkzone and zippy h's... What is the stock setting of the esc on the pnp? I landed at 10.5v but Im not sure if the lvc is set or if I have to set it myself.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:03 PM
Joined Sep 2008
7,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Or Die
What are you guys doing? I get 15 to 18 minutes from my 2200's... Both the parkzone and zippy h's... What is the stock setting of the esc on the pnp? I landed at 10.5v but Im not sure if the lvc is set or if I have to set it myself.
what am i doing? 100% WOT.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 06:07 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,992 Posts
Got the results from my retracts!

Boy are they awesome!

This little beast took them straight up into the air with its stock motor and a 3s2200 lipo with no problem. I flew in 15-20mph winds with 100% success.

If anyone wants them done to their plane, ship me your plane and I'll do them for you! Fee of course!
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:24 PM
RC = FUN
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Joined Aug 2008
3,627 Posts
Where do ya live skyline?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:29 PM
Grafton, Oh
Joined Jun 2008
497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_g35
Got the results from my retracts!

Boy are they awesome!

This little beast took them straight up into the air with its stock motor and a 3s2200 lipo with no problem. I flew in 15-20mph winds with 100% success.

If anyone wants them done to their plane, ship me your plane and I'll do them for you! Fee of course!
How much u want and where do u live?
parkpilot101 is offline Find More Posts by parkpilot101
Old Jan 21, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy321
Where do ya live skyline?

Louisiville Kentucky! Not far from you at all.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer