HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 22, 2008, 06:12 PM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
I can do better than that...add to cart and you will see!
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...7380267666.htm
And we have all the parts in our store..if its not on the site just call us and I will get it for you..
Oh poopy. I bought my RTF Trojan form you and you didn't have the battery deal going! Where was that a month or two ago!!??
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2008, 06:35 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOUBLEYOU
Ok guys, i received my Castle Creations Berg ms4l today and i am attempting to install it. I am using the stock transmitter with this BERG receiver and i am having a little issue. Here is how i have everything hooked up.

Ch1 Throttle
Ch2 Ailerons
Ch3 Elevator
Ch4 Rudder

When i turn everything on it all seems fine but i am only getting inputs for throttle and elevator and nothing else. I have tried switching the rudder and aileron plugs with each other and i am still not getting rudder or ailerons movement. I have also tried moving all the plugs around and i noticed that Ch1 and Ch3 work with any control surface plugged into it but ch2 and ch4 don't work no matter what is in it. I have found that Ch1 is for throttle and Ch3 is for elevator though. What could be the problem? Does anyones know how to set up a BERG receiver with the stock transmitter?

I am also using the stock TX crystal with a BERG crystal in the RX, they are both on the same channel but could this be the issue?

Could my receiver be defective?
JW
Scratch this, Guapoman2000 helped me resolve my issue.

JDOUBLEYOU is offline Find More Posts by JDOUBLEYOU
Old May 22, 2008, 06:41 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
I am here!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 22, 2008, 07:19 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:

Share the fix? I see, it was in response to your question in the OTHER T-28 thread.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old May 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
Share the fix? I see, it was in response to your question in the OTHER T-28 thread.
BERG 4-Channel Receiver!

Channels 1 and 3 goes in the receiver in a certain polarity and the other two channels go in opposite polarity on the "other" side of the RX!!!
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old May 22, 2008, 07:35 PM
Wood flight decks, guns only!
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Nov 2007
1,079 Posts
Quote:

Please share the fix...I'm going with the same RX and it should be here soon. PLEASE don't make me reinvent the wheel!

Never mind...must have been typing "symoniously"
VF84Sluggo is offline Find More Posts by VF84Sluggo
Old May 22, 2008, 08:14 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
BTW if anyone is interested the setup for a stock TX and a BERG ms4L RX are as fallows, which probably also applies for other BERG RX's as well, but i'm not positive about that.

Ch1: Throttle
Ch2: Ailerons
Ch3: Elevator
Ch4: Rudder

JW
Old May 22, 2008, 08:34 PM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
BTW if anyone is interested the setup for a stock TX and a BERG ms4L RX are as fallows, which probably also applies for other BERG RX's as well, but i'm not positive about that.

Ch1: Throttle
Ch2: Ailerons
Ch3: Elevator
Ch4: Rudder

JW

????? My Berg Micro Stamp is not like that, it's as follows

ch 1 ailerons
ch 2 elevator
ch 3 motor (esc)
ch 4 rudder

Are you on mode 1?
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
Old May 22, 2008, 08:43 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz
????? My Berg Micro Stamp is not like that, it's as follows

ch 1 ailerons
ch 2 elevator
ch 3 motor (esc)
ch 4 rudder

Are you on mode 1?
No i'm on mode 2 but that was just how everything worked out for mine. That's kinda weird. Are you using the stock TX?
Last edited by JDOUBLEYOU; May 22, 2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old May 22, 2008, 09:32 PM
USA, TX, Mission
Joined Oct 2004
231 Posts
darem...THANK YOU so much for consolidating all that information for us. I followed the old thread for several weeks before buying my T-28 a week ago....just in time to see all that work you did and now I am using it to make any wanted changes to my new bird.....am sure many others feel as I do....and that is what this great hobby and RCGroups is all about...helping others with their problems. Bill Creighton
busconv is offline Find More Posts by busconv
Old May 22, 2008, 11:51 PM
Need More "Roon" 4 planes
United States, TX, Sadler
Joined Dec 2007
395 Posts
I just sent a request to the moderator's asking if they could close the other thread with a link to this thread, that there seemed to be a general consensus that this is wanted and how Darenm started the thread with an extensive FAQ post of issues covered in the first thread.

So we'll see...
Roon
Roon is offline Find More Posts by Roon
Old May 23, 2008, 03:05 AM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTonE
This is the new 10X5 prop by MAS, I would really like to try this one. (Click pic for site)

*Maybe someone should contact a Moderator to close the first thread, the guy that started the first one has not posted since o7.
my hobby guy says three blade prop. just for looks not worth it for flying
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Old May 23, 2008, 05:25 AM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
my hobby guy says three blade prop. just for looks not worth it for flying
I would say it all depends on what style of flying you want to do. For scale I would say the 3 blade is better in most circumstances.

I tried the 3 blade MAS 9X7 on my new PZ T28 yesterday. I didn't like it. For one it has a lower pitch than the stock prop. So my fault on choosing the wrong prop. But that's all they had. I felt the performance was generally lower than the stock prop and it should be. 3 blades generally will slow the plane down, but will provide more thrust at the same RPM's.

So by choosing a lower pitch on a 3 blade, I really cut my speed down. I would say 20%. Going with a higher pitch 3 blade will solve my problem. But you will see a little less flight time.

So it all depends on what you want. For scale planes I like the 3 blades.

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old May 23, 2008, 11:40 AM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Are there any three blade props that don't change the flight characteristics from the stock prop. I would like to switch to a three blade for better appearance but i really like the way mine flies now.

JW
Old May 23, 2008, 11:45 AM
R.I.P. Mom & Airshow Friends!
Titusville fl.
Joined Sep 2006
778 Posts
That new MAS 10X5 three blade should be closer then the their 10X7 3 blade.

Fellow club member Chad showed up with his hobby lobby T-28, I had to take some pic's to show it's scale to parkzone's. He made it a gasser though but, it flew amost like a pattern plane. It's funny the pilot was in the back seat location of the cockpit. After looking at both trojans, I truly believe that parkzone won this battle. Price wise, scale looks and foam makes the PZ wins hands down. These planes are about the same size but, the Parkzone is smaller in some ways.
BigTonE is offline Find More Posts by BigTonE
Last edited by BigTonE; May 23, 2008 at 11:55 AM.