HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2008, 10:30 AM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
I can do better than that...add to cart and you will see!
http://www.airlandhobbies.com/catalo...7380267666.htm
And we have all the parts in our store..if its not on the site just call us and I will get it for you..
That's pretty cool that you get a free battery.
JDOUBLEYOU is offline Find More Posts by JDOUBLEYOU
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2008, 10:47 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
I may have to jump on the Albatross as my first step into DF. Sweet!
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old May 21, 2008, 12:31 PM
Squawking 1200
United States, CA, Calabasas
Joined Feb 2006
50 Posts
Question for the guys who have painted their Trojan. Ive heard that the yellow krylon works great, but im looking for black and white. I believe i heard someone say that some of the fusion colors will damage the foam, is that true? What do you guys use for b & w spray paint?
SROlmeda is offline Find More Posts by SROlmeda
Old May 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
uh oh...
Newmarket Ont. CA
Joined May 2008
113 Posts
I have not tested it yet but i know that krylon has the h2o series of spray paints that are foam safe...

Might be worth looking into. I don't know how they compare the the fusion series though.

(i suggest it because both black and white are available, you can read more about it here )
ian_ryeng is online now Find More Posts by ian_ryeng
Old May 21, 2008, 01:13 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
I am about 99% positive that you do not have to use water based spray paint on this type of foam. FYI
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old May 21, 2008, 02:35 PM
Heli Crasher
CT
Joined Jan 2008
705 Posts
Thanks for the great summary, darenm!

Just picked up a PnP T-28 the other day. Put in an AR6100e and set up my DX6i, except; I don't know how to program in down elevator when I turn the ailerons into landing flaps. If someone could let me know how to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Hoping to maiden my T-28 this weekend. Would try and make the field tonight, but the missus' birthday is tomorrow and I need to do some shopping (especially since I got this for myself 2 days ago ).
bassplayinDude is offline Find More Posts by bassplayinDude
Old May 21, 2008, 02:39 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
I think the consensus is do NOT use the ailerons for flaps. They are too far out on the wing. I am sure I will be corrected if I misunderstood.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old May 21, 2008, 09:08 PM
Gilbert, AZ
Joined Jul 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROlmeda
Question for the guys who have painted their Trojan. Ive heard that the yellow krylon works great, but im looking for black and white. I believe i heard someone say that some of the fusion colors will damage the foam, is that true? What do you guys use for b & w spray paint?
I painted the bottom of the wing with Fusion satin black, works great.
bill_5r is offline Find More Posts by bill_5r
Old May 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Ventura County
Joined Jul 2007
720 Posts
OK...I'm going to ask...which thread do we continue to post in? There was a mention in the part 1 that this thread was going to start. But, the first thread is still going. Do I need to monitor two threads now?

Dave
ArsonDave is offline Find More Posts by ArsonDave
Old May 21, 2008, 09:59 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsonDave
OK...I'm going to ask...which thread do we continue to post in? There was a mention in the part 1 that this thread was going to start. But, the first thread is still going. Do I need to monitor two threads now?

Dave
I would assume that everything would be carried on to this new thread and start being discussed here and that the old one would start dying off.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
Need More "Roon" 4 planes
United States, TX, Sadler
Joined Dec 2007
395 Posts
Excellent compilation of links Darenm, I'm in on this thread now
Roon is offline Find More Posts by Roon
Old May 22, 2008, 01:02 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ryeng
I have not tested it yet but i know that krylon has the h2o series of spray paints that are foam safe...

Might be worth looking into. I don't know how they compare the the fusion series though.

(i suggest it because both black and white are available, you can read more about it here )
h2o sticks very well

wow the first post really says it all
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 22, 2008, 08:17 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Actually, when I was posting on the 1st thread, I thought I was here... oops
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old May 22, 2008, 11:38 AM
R.I.P. Mom & Airshow Friends!
Titusville fl.
Joined Sep 2006
778 Posts
This is the new 10X5 prop by MAS, I would really like to try this one. (Click pic for site)

*Maybe someone should contact a Moderator to close the first thread, the guy that started the first one has not posted since o7.
BigTonE is offline Find More Posts by BigTonE
Old May 22, 2008, 03:12 PM
LET'S GO PENS
Pittsburgh, PA
Joined May 2007
340 Posts
Ok guys, i received my Castle Creations Berg ms4l today and i am attempting to install it. I am using the stock transmitter with this BERG receiver and i am having a little issue. Here is how i have everything hooked up.

Ch1 Throttle
Ch2 Ailerons
Ch3 Elevator
Ch4 Rudder

When i turn everything on it all seems fine but i am only getting inputs for throttle and elevator and nothing else. I have tried switching the rudder and aileron plugs with each other and i am still not getting rudder or ailerons movement. I have also tried moving all the plugs around and i noticed that Ch1 and Ch3 work with any control surface plugged into it but ch2 and ch4 don't work no matter what is in it. I have found that Ch1 is for throttle and Ch3 is for elevator though. What could be the problem? Does anyones know how to set up a BERG receiver with the stock transmitter?

I am also using the stock TX crystal with a BERG crystal in the RX, they are both on the same channel but could this be the issue?

Could my receiver be defective?
JW
Last edited by JDOUBLEYOU; May 22, 2008 at 04:27 PM.