HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2013, 11:03 AM
Crash test pilot
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2013
472 Posts
Yes it's still the stock one, ill be putting in a metal mount just as a heat sink.
Just sent it up with the Watt's Up meter on board and here are the results...
Dracolyth is offline Find More Posts by Dracolyth
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2013, 11:09 AM
Crash test pilot
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2013
472 Posts
I know I'm good on the amps, ESC is good for 67 burst, not sure about watts though.
Nano-tech 2.25 3s 65-130c
Turnigy C3536 1450kv
Turnigy Dlux 55 sbec ESC
10x5 apc TE
8min in the air
Radar showed 72mph
Ir gun read 130F on the motor
Dracolyth is offline Find More Posts by Dracolyth
Old May 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,234 Posts
wow 63A! I have never gone that high but then neither my motor or ESC are rated for that. interestingly, a heat sink is primarily what I use my metal mount for LOL
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 11, 2013, 04:53 PM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
608 Posts
I finally got my T-28 back together today! Since I ripped the bottom of the firewall out, I had to resort to the epoxied in plywood trick. I used a 5/32 Dubro nose wheel bracket and 1-1/4" steering arm. I ended up putting a sleeve on the nose gear to make it fit better in the Dubro bracket. It should be a pretty durable setup. Now I just need to adapt some bigger tires to it. The local RC field only has a grass strip, so the little T-28 tires aren't going to cut it very well. I picked up some ultra light Dubro wheels, but they are too wide for the gear. I'll have to use some other collars and likely extend the axles with some tube. I could also drill out the hubs a bit and just sink the retaining nut in a little. I don't which one I will do... I also might just look for some taller tires that will fit....
roversgonemad is online now Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old May 11, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jun 2011
1,169 Posts
^^ the 2.75" dubro wheels with the white spokes fit perfectly, you will need some small collars to hold them off the uprights though. Not even a little bit scale, but they work like a charm for rough grass fields.
valk_17 is offline Find More Posts by valk_17
Old May 11, 2013, 08:54 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
i think mine are 2.5 robart and seem to work well on my fields grass strip.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old May 11, 2013, 09:14 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jun 2011
1,169 Posts
Good looking plane, Walter. Are the shocks functional or just for appearance?
valk_17 is offline Find More Posts by valk_17
Old May 11, 2013, 10:12 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,428 Posts
thanks. just robart strut covers.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old May 12, 2013, 12:55 AM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2013
85 Posts
Today I flew the T-28 with my new 808 keychain cam for the first time. I mounted it on top of the canopy pointing slightly downward, using velcro. I do one loop in this video but otherwise kept it simple and worked on my touch-n-gos. I'll admit a few of the landings were pretty rough but those didn't make it into the video

T-28 with Keychain Cam (5 min 28 sec)
redman042 is offline Find More Posts by redman042
Old May 12, 2013, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2013
2 Posts
Anyone know where I can get one of these RTF? I can't find it online anywhere
Chris Sweeney is offline Find More Posts by Chris Sweeney
Old May 12, 2013, 09:51 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,234 Posts
i didn't think they made them RTF. at least not anymore.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old May 12, 2013, 10:11 AM
United States, IL, Evanston
Joined Apr 2013
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sweeney View Post
Anyone know where I can get one of these RTF? I can't find it online anywhere
BNF or PNP only. No RTF offered.
dsheikh573 is online now Find More Posts by dsheikh573
RCG Plus Member
Old May 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,889 Posts
Ready to fly is long gone... Best bet is to get a bnf and get a use dx4 or dx5 used really cheap on classified section rcg
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old May 12, 2013, 11:08 AM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, CA, Lake Hughes
Joined Jan 2013
498 Posts
Or if you not a Spektrum fan, the PNP, just add your flavor of RX/TX.
dstewart51 is offline Find More Posts by dstewart51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Hangar
Old May 12, 2013, 11:19 AM
A disaster in the making.
United Kingdom, England, Selby
Joined Jan 2013
379 Posts
Just been online and ordered a new wing for the Cub, I intend to put it back to standard, lose the ailerons and regain the magic it somehow lost after fitting them and flattening the wing a little.

While I was at it, I ordered 2 sets of main wheels for the Parkzone Spitfire Mk IX for the Troj to allow a bit more ground friendly handling on grass / lumpy tarmac and to lift the (fragile) 3 blade prop away from the ground a little more.

I seem to remember someone mentioning these wheels are a little bigger than the Troj ones and are a straight swap.
Have I ordered the correct parts?

Found 2 new runways today also. Took the dogs to the local airfield today and was walking around the peri track. The farmer who uses the land for crops has moved some haybales and swept up the leftovers leaving an almost pristine section of tarmac about 100 mtrs long by 10mtrs wide without all the craters the main runways have. Orientation is East to West.

Runway 2...

Due to some mining subsidence there are major flood defences being constructed in the area as the old ones are no longer viable. One minor road is having to be moved.
As a result they have almost finished constructing a brand new road at the other end of the village. The original was lined with fences, a railway line and trees. It crossed the railway using a manned level crossing with gates, so no one used it much as it was quicker to go around.
The new one is on open flat farmland, billiard table smooth tarmac, has 2 straight stretches 100 mtrs long separated by a 90 degree bend so orientation is north / south and east / west. 5 minute walk from the house. Best thing is probably 5 cars a day will use it as it still joins the level crossing.

Things are on the up.

Do you think the ghosts of the 55 crews who failed to return from ops from the airfield will mind sharing a taxiway with the Troj?

Damnandblastit is offline Find More Posts by Damnandblastit
Last edited by Damnandblastit; May 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM.