BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:44 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
the expo talk reminds me of way back when i bought the t-28. the guy at the lhs asked what radio i had and when i said dx4e he said i wouldn't be able to fly the trojan at all without expo. never saw him working there after that day - no surprise. it was the guys on this thread that told me how wrong he was. i'm glad i took the advice here.
I decided to poke around the Spektrum preset plane files that you can upload into a dx7s, dx8 and others. If yall did this it looks like Parkzone is programming in some expo for you...or they are recommending some expo looking at the file code. Here is some of it that seems to indicate the hi/lo and expo..

I've never uploaded one of these as I sold my DX8 but I'm guessing the index 0,1,2 is probably switch position 1-2-3?? 0,1 have some rates and 2 has 100% and no expo on everything.

<Spektrum>
Generator="DX8"
VCode=" 2.01"
PosIndex= 5
Type=Acro
curveIndex= 7

Name="T-28"
</Spektrum>

<Acro>
Wing=Standard
Tail=Normal
</Acro>

<DR_Expo>
*Index= 0
analogID= 17
conditionID= 45
activePositions=%0000
drHigh: 100 69 47 100 100
drLow: 100 69 47 100 100
expoHigh: 25 12 0 0 0
expoLow: 25 12 0 0 0
</DR_Expo>

<DR_Expo>
*Index= 1
analogID= 18
conditionID= 42
activePositions=%0000
drHigh: 100 67 49 100 100
drLow: 100 67 49 100 100
expoHigh: 25 15 0 0 0
expoLow: 25 15 0 0 0
</DR_Expo>

<DR_Expo>
*Index= 2
analogID= 19
conditionID= 46
activePositions=%0000
drHigh: 100 100 100 100 100
drLow: 100 100 100 100 100
expoHigh: 0 0 0 0 0
expoLow: 0 0 0 0 0
</DR_Expo>
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:47 PM
United States, TX, Balch Springs
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
I bought myself a pz t- 28 this afternoon. When I went to install the front wheel the screw that holds the wheel in place seemed stripped, I tried taking the cowl assembly off so i could get a better angle at the screw head but that changed nothing, the screw just went in and out of the plastic piece never tightening down.
Thought ok somehow I just happened to get one that was stripped from the manufacture. I hopped in the truck went to the LHS bought another of the plastic pieces, went to install it and same thing screw just slides right through it never locking down on the front wheel. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Am I doing something wrong?
s.lagard is offline Find More Posts by s.lagard
Old Mar 04, 2013, 07:59 PM
-_-
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Sep 2005
828 Posts
Motor + mount + firewall = success

had the motor spin off the stock mount a week or so ago ordered up an aluminum mount and now have a stout set up. Still had to shim it with a wood backer to get cowell clearance can't wait to give it a go and burn a few pack through this set up.

E-MO is offline Find More Posts by E-MO
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:02 PM
United States, ID, Idaho Falls
Joined Feb 2013
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.lagard View Post
I bought myself a pz t- 28 this afternoon. When I went to install the front wheel the screw that holds the wheel in place seemed stripped, I tried taking the cowl assembly off so i could get a better angle at the screw head but that changed nothing, the screw just went in and out of the plastic piece never tightening down.
Thought ok somehow I just happened to get one that was stripped from the manufacture. I hopped in the truck went to the LHS bought another of the plastic pieces, went to install it and same thing screw just slides right through it never locking down on the front wheel. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? Am I doing something wrong?
Mine was exactly the same way. I took a #4 sheet metal screw and filed the tip flat and used it instead. The factory screw just slid in and out of the hole. It was completely useless. The sheet metal screw has done a fabulous job and has not come loose at all.

EDIT: it may have been a #6... either way, it worked great!
roversgonemad is offline Find More Posts by roversgonemad
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:37 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
6,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
my wife pimped my ride
wow man. my wife refuses to come anywhere near my planes.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:33 AM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,563 Posts
Took some flight footage with the 808 camera on the horizontal stab. Unfortunately it made the plane extremely hard to fly. Even though it was still nose heavy it acted as if it was tail heavy. Managed to work it out in the air and landed her in one piece. Want to try and mount the camera on the tip of the vert stab but unsure how without marking the paint. Any tips?

ParkZone T-28B Trojan - 808 Camera Test (2 min 11 sec)
Realms is offline Find More Posts by Realms
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:40 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Took some flight footage with the 808 camera on the horizontal stab. Unfortunately it made the plane extremely hard to fly. Even though it was still nose heavy it acted as if it was tail heavy. Managed to work it out in the air and landed her in one piece. Want to try and mount the camera on the tip of the vert stab but unsure how without marking the paint. Any tips?

http://youtu.be/FEOWqDnG_YA
WIND NOISE ALERT!!

The camera could be causing some drag. A while back I installed the keyfob on the top of the main wing, I noticed the drag. On the bottom no problems.

The recommended CG for the T-28 is pretty nose heavy, but flys well there IMO.

Neat angle though.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:58 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Are you saying the screw is too small for the threaded hole and will not even thread? Or just not tighen agains wheel wire? I think the later.

Make sure the wire strut is pushed in exactly right and flat spot is facing correct orientation with the flat side aligned right where the screw will push on it. Place the strut in front of the horn so you can determine exactly how far you need to push it into the horn/holder and have the flat part behind the screw - Mark the wire with a sharpie at the bottom to align with the bottom of the horn. That way you know when you push the wire in, where it should exactly stop. The screw should then make good contact. Use two fingers to tighten. Don't crank it, you will crack the horn. Also make the sure the wheel is facing the right way. I can't remember if the flat spot is out more toward one side of the wire or just swished evenly in the middle. That could also be your problem.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:00 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Are you saying the screw is too small for the threaded hole and will not even thread? Or just not tighen agains wheel wire? I think the later.

Make sure the wire strut is pushed in exactly right and flat spot is facing correct orientation with the flat side aligned right where the screw will push on it. Place the strut in front of the horn so you can determine exactly how far you need to push it into the horn/holder and have the flat part behind the screw - Mark the wire with a sharpie at the bottom to align with the bottom of the horn. That way you know when you push the wire in, where it should exactly stop. The screw should then make good contact. Use two fingers to tighten. Don't crank it, you will crack the horn. Also make the sure the wheel is facing the right way. I can't remember if the flat spot is out more toward one side of the wire or just swished evenly in the middle. That could also be your problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad View Post
Mine was exactly the same way. I took a #4 sheet metal screw and filed the tip flat and used it instead. The factory screw just slid in and out of the hole. It was completely useless. The sheet metal screw has done a fabulous job and has not come loose at all.

EDIT: it may have been a #6... either way, it worked great!
Quote:
Same here, the screw is actually too small to bite with any threads at all. I bought my bird new, but second hand. It had been put together previously but never flown. I thought the previous owner just got to aggressive and stripped out the plastic. Guess not.

I just scrounged through my self tapping screws and came up with one that fit tight but not too tight as too break the plastic piece.

One other thing I have been wondering is this, the top of the strut wire, when inserted far enough to align the flat spot with the screw hole, contacts a plastic protrusion that is molded into the the plastic part that the top of the strut wire comes in contact with. This creates resistance when the wheel is turned. Is this there for a purpose, such as maybe stabilizing the turning action of the front wheel, so as not to stress the servo if the nose wheel takes a blow?

This protrusion I am talking about can be seen in E-MO's picture above. His strut wire does not stick up above the bracket as far as mine does. Mine can not go any lower because the flat for the screw is then too low to accept the screw. Makes me wonder if you have your screw postioned on the flat of the strut wire, E-MO
BattleDude is online now Find More Posts by BattleDude
Last edited by BattleDude; Mar 05, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:42 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,435 Posts
If your bird was assembled by someone else but never flown, they may have used the wrong screw. Swapping in one that fits is slightly annoying but clearly the way to go.
BrownEyedFool is online now Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:44 AM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
my wife pimped my ride
I really like the checkerboard, it adds a nice touch to the relatively plain color of the Navy model. What did the Mrs use to create the checkerboard pattern, is it a decal?
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:07 PM
United States, TX, Balch Springs
Joined Jan 2013
7 Posts
Thanks for all the help folks, I did get a #6 sheet metal screw, filled about 3 rings off of ot and it now holds the front gear like it should . The issue is the screw that came with the plane is to small to bite into the plastic, therefor not securing the front wheel. Once again thank you to all that replied.
s.lagard is offline Find More Posts by s.lagard
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:06 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
Joined Aug 2011
2,849 Posts
One more silly question guys.

I just recieved my Rx for this bird. It looks like the little rectangle shaped recessed area in the floor of the fuse is designed to mount the Rx in. Is this where the BNF Rx is mounted? I don't see much other option, really.

Thanks guys, you make forums the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:29 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleDude View Post
One more silly question guys.

I just recieved my Rx for this bird. It looks like the little rectangle shaped recessed area in the floor of the fuse is designed to mount the Rx in. Is this where the BNF Rx is mounted? I don't see much other option, really.

Thanks guys, you make forums the greatest thing since sliced bread!!!
yes my friend... thats where the RX goes placed.. but if you want somewere else you can for sure
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY