Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:02 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,165 Posts
some bench testing

did some testing this weekend. here are the results in case they are of any use to anyone else. my setup: ~10 seconds of wot on Power 15, 60A esc, 60C 2200 3s.

results in attached pic - sorry, excel formatting didn't carry over too well and i'm too lazy to format it for posting.

ps - the first two props are the bf-109 and the extra 300 stock props.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:06 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
another reason to switch to APP
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:08 AM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Okay, I stand corrected...they USED to carry XT-60's....sorry. I just searched their website, and couldn't find 'em either.

Sorry,
John
They had them at my LHS. I have some coming in the mail too but I couldn't wait to start soldering so I paid the rediculous $3.50 a pair at my LHS.. Oh well.
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:08 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,697 Posts
did fly my trojan with the MAS 10*7*3 and the new installed motor turnigy D3536 1000KV and try to go vertical. and just flew away doing rolls. i was like.. WTH!!! NICEE.. top speed was a little better. and its fine for my taste.. but the thrust was there! im gonna try a 9*9 apc i know its going to be faster.. just to see how fast she goes. dont wanna have a rocket.. but wanna try to see how fast she goes!! i was pulling 30A static with a full gens ace 25C 2200mah.. if i stay with that prop combo.. going to put a CC BEC for 20 bucks to be on the safe side since once airborne the amps are not going to be 30 amps even though the eflite 30amps ESC can handle 35ams 15 secound burst..
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:19 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
im gonna try a 9*9 apc i know its going to be faster.. just to see how fast she goes.
i strongly advise against a 9x9 on a power 15 - my spit barely took off and nearly wrecked on that prop. the diameter is not big enough. unless you're running 4s battery of course, then the increased rpm may make this work. on 3s, this prop will not perform.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
i strongly advise against a 9x9 on a power 15 - my spit barely took off and nearly wrecked on that prop. the diameter is not big enough. unless you're running 4s battery of course, then the increased rpm may make this work. on 3s, this prop will not perform.
thanks bro, but i don't have a power 15
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,697 Posts
Quote:

but thanks for the advice anyway.. im going to bench test it... i heard somebody used it on a trojan with the D3536 1000kv same I have and it flew good.. but im gonna try to take it of from a LOOOOONG strip just in case need to cancel the take off at the very last second.. thanks buddy!
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:15 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,165 Posts
you're welcome. i just didn't want someone else to make the mistake i had. hope it does well on your plane. i'm not familiar with the D3536 motor.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,697 Posts
Quote:
you're welcome. i just didn't want someone else to make the mistake i had. hope it does well on your plane. i'm not familiar with the D3536 motor.
sure thing bro! thanks again
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
62 Posts
Parkzone T28 Trojan

What would be a good inexpensive replacement motor for the T28. I want to use the 30 amp ESC also. ??
Batfire2000 is offline Find More Posts by Batfire2000
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,697 Posts
there you go my friend

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...80-Plus/Detail
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:07 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,458 Posts
In breaking off the nose twice it's gotten pushed in a bit, so the incidence and thrust may be off when I glue it back together.

Going to do the boiling water trick, any tips or rules of thumb about what to avoid? Going to dip the airframe and then the firewall with the short piece of nose that broke off with it.

Then either CF or toothpick reinforcement.

edit:
I used this motor from Heads Up for my Trojan upgrade (I think, it's in the basement atm)
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...tor/Categories
Wasn't the motor that caused the crash, it was the battery sliding rearward.
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool
Last edited by BrownEyedFool; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:22 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,231 Posts
velcro insurance is what i use. sorry for your battery induced crash. sucks! just a small 1/2 inch square on plane and battery is plenty. lesson learned.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:35 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool View Post
Wasn't the motor that caused the crash, it was the battery sliding rearward.
How did the battery slide rearward when there's a piece of foam on the bottom of the canopy that keeps it in place?
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:44 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
United States, NJ, Hillsborough Township
Joined Sep 2011
1,458 Posts
Because I'm using 2200s and had to trim the underside of the canopy to even allow it to fit. I installed a piece of lite ply on the floor of the plane behind the battery tunnel, usig velcro on the underside to bridge the gap where the nosewheel pushrod comes out.

The lite ply has slots on both sides that a velcro strap runs through and straps the lipo down, but the lipo has no velcro on it and the strap may not have been tight enough to keep it from sliding rearward when I took off. In future the lite ply will have velcro and so will the pack.

Now I've got a pot of water boiling right now, what temp and how long and all that?
BrownEyedFool is offline Find More Posts by BrownEyedFool