HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:17 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
If you buy a replacement, you will see more plastic mold on all replacement Park Zone Motor mounts!

Left is Stock and Right is Replacement!
my stock looks like the replacement one. so i guess they're beefing up the plastic for strength? does this mean no cracks?

ps - and just to confirm that yes, thats how mine came and i have never replaced it for any reason.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:05 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
In 2008 the T-28 was sold with a plastic mount without triangle reinforcing braces. That was strengthened to #2 in the photo (left) and was then strengthened to #3 in the photo (right). Probably because of customer comments and because many users bolted on more powerful motors. I never had a problem with any of them but #1 saved my firewall when I was first learning in 2008. I learned using a T-28 as my first plane and I flew with no instructor so I learned the hard way. Mostly I have used a Power 10 on #2 and for the last couple of years a more powerful Scorpion motor on #2 and #3 without any problems.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Last edited by GCplane; Jan 30, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:08 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcplane View Post
but #1 saved my firewall when i was first learning in 2008.
Bingo
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:08 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Man I haven't looked under the hood of mine in a long time. I don't even remember now if I have an aluminum mount... I remember very clearly now that I received one of the newer motor mounts at one point but I don't know if I put it on my t28 or one of the other 3 birds that I had that used that mount.
Carlos, yes I know, there is always a price. Dang it. :-) I just want her to stay as light as possible. I don't need a rocket. As a matter of fact I kind of get turned off to planes like this going that fast. If I want to fly a fast plane, I will get out one of my strikers or the funjet. Kind of like the ole super cub. I still fly my original one with brushed motor more than any of my planes. That plane and this one are by far my 2 favs.
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:12 PM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Anything that withstands more Watts will be in fact heavier.

I have tried STOCK Park Zone 480 and the Park Zone 15 and the AXI 2826 and can tell you the more powerful motors will result in more wing loading and certainly higher Capacity Lithium Polymers (heavier batts). There is just nothing for Free....you pay to go faster.
Not with the Power 10 mod. It's barely any heavier and has twice the power with a 10x7. Uses the same 3S 1800 - 2200 batteries too. Anything more than this is too much for the air frame anyway.
Realms is offline Find More Posts by Realms
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Carlos, yes I know, there is always a price. Dang it. :-) I just want her to stay as light as possible. I don't need a rocket. As a matter of fact I kind of get turned off to planes like this going that fast. If I want to fly a fast plane, I will get out one of my strikers or the funjet. Kind of like the ole super cub. I still fly my original one with brushed motor more than any of my planes. That plane and this one are by far my 2 favs.
Yes, I still have both of my Super Cubs! The oldest is pushing 6+ years now and still covered in the "Cub Yellow" ORACAL Adhesive Covering!! Plus the oldest still flys with the Brushed Geared 480.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:13 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Get yourself an E-Flite Power 10 or Turnigy G10 if you're on a budget. I run this setup with a 10x7 APC prop and it still flies docile or will go unlimited vertical if you want. Look back through this thread to see video of my setup.
how about this one then?
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...h-12%29/Detail

Would you mind providing a link to the G10 so I can compare specs. For some reason my computer is not wanting to go to the hobbycity website. It might possibly be down at the moment.

Edit: is this it? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...FcyiPAod0U8AOw

Which Kv?
Last edited by ty_horn; Jan 30, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:15 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realms View Post
Not with the Power 10 mod. It's barely any heavier and has twice the power with a 10x7. Uses the same 3S 1800 - 2200 batteries too. Anything more than this is too much for the air frame anyway.
What motor are you talking about?

E-Flite Power 10?

Turnigy Power 10?

Or

McDonolds Happy Meal Power 10?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:21 PM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,783 Posts
Quote:
how about this one then?
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...h-12%29/Detail

Would you mind providing a link to the G10 so I can compare specs. For some reason my computer is not wanting to go to the hobbycity website. It might possibly be down at the moment.
That motor is total overkill and will be fast with a large prop but at the expense of being heavy.

Power 10 or any copy such as the Turnigy are perfect for the Trojan without killing all the good aspects of it.
Here is a link to the Turnigy ($25) http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...r_1100kv_.html

Get yourself a 45amp ESC and the custom mount http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...&products_id=9 and you are good to go. I run this setup on my Trojan with a 10x7 APC prop and it is a blast while still being able to fly docile if you like.

ParkZone T-28B Trojan - E-Flite Power 10 (4 min 2 sec)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:48 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Ok Realms.
I am going to pick up the Turnigy G10. Thank you.
BUT, I think I will stick with the stock (beefed up) mount. After examining the underside of a few of my hoods I realized that it was my Super Duper Cub that has the aluminum mount in there. That is of course because you can replace the firewall. I forgot but I have had a 3536 in my t28 for years. I have never replaced a mount (since I put a beefier one in there a couple years ago).
Anyway, thanks everyone. I know my plan now! Finally.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:52 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,675 Posts
Quote:
Ok Realms.
I am going to pick up the Turnigy G10. Thank you.
BUT, I think I will stick with the stock (beefed up) mount. After examining the underside of a few of my hoods I realized that it was my Super Duper Cub that has the aluminum mount in there. That is of course because you can replace the firewall. I forgot but I have had a 3536 in my t28 for years. I have never replaced a mount (since I put a beefier one in there a couple years ago).
Anyway, thanks everyone. I know my plan now! Finally.
Ty,

The Turnigy Motor is 149 grams = 5.3oz. so, it is heavier

Compared to the STOCK Park Zone 480 Brushless at: (102 grams = 3.6oz.)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,750 Posts
Oh yeah, Im ok with a little more weight. I just didn't want a lot! I had to work a little trim in to push the nose down a bit with the 3536 anyway. I am excited! Even though I am really proud of my flaps, I think I am ready to buy all new foam for my t-28 and just polish things up a bit. This sure has been a good ole bird. Remember when everyone was cutting flaps in their wings for the first time on this plane? Man, I remember it like it was yesterday but it was several years ago already. Crazy. I just went back to my blog for the first time literally in years and looked at my flaps. Building and modifying is so much fun.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:19 PM
Aaron
Australia
Joined Aug 2012
1,783 Posts
Quote:
Ty,

The Turnigy Motor is 149 grams = 5.3oz. so, it is heavier

Compared to the STOCK Park Zone 480 Brushless at: (102 grams = 3.6oz.)
The motor in the pic looks like the old plastic housing? Of course it is heavier but nothing in comparison to a 15+ size motor which is plain overkill.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,069 Posts
After my firewall cracked, I Gorilla glued the motor mount directly on to the firewall and have been flying it fine since!

Just FYI for those looking for replacement motors - the HobbyPartz Exceed Optima 480 series motors are bolt-on compatible. I now have a 910 kv version, which is probably equivilant to the stock PZ motor. The 1020 kv version should provide more punch!
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:55 AM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
After my firewall cracked, I Gorilla glued the motor mount directly on to the firewall and have been flying it fine since!
very good to know. thanks.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl