HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:33 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
I was just browsing You Tube for Trojans with retract mods and came across this customized Parkzone T28.
I don't know if this plane has featured in the thread before, but I was just blown away.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,552 Posts

Wow! Someone put alot of time and effort into this one....
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,270 Posts
that was my inspiration for all my panel lines and rivets! that guy has 15, yes 15 trojans all painted different and just as cool! WOW!
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:02 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
that was my inspiration for all my panel lines and rivets! that guy has 15, yes 15 trojans all painted different and just as cool! WOW!
I have a trojan too...but 15? umm...
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:30 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
I have a trojan too...but 15? umm...
So....

I know someone that has all of the GWS Slow Sticks and has every Color that came out. He has two of each, just in case.

The funny thing "is" he still Loves his Original faded RED one with the STOCK EPS350 GWS power "Brushed Motor in Gearbox" system!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:33 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,552 Posts
WOW!!! 15 T-28's ?!?!

Do you have a link so I could check out the different paint schemes...?
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:19 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,270 Posts
i dont but if you youtube custom t-28 paint jobs you will find it. its a video of all the planes sitting outside of his house as he pans over the lot! very impressive. he also has individual vids of some of the other versions as well. that one is probablt my favorite though. talk about obsession! lol.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:26 AM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,448 Posts
Really like the exhaust blast, tinted canopy & LED's!
marksp is online now Find More Posts by marksp
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:57 AM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey guys,
I am kind of wanting to rebuild my original t-28. It was my first 4 channel plane and I have always said that I will never get rid of it. It has some pretty good hangar rash though. I really don't want to redo my flaps but I just might... Anyway, it would cost around $100 for wings, tail and fuse at hobbyzone.com anyone seen the parts cheaper anywhere else? Its the white one by the way
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
Hey guys,
I am kind of wanting to rebuild my original t-28. It was my first 4 channel plane and I have always said that I will never get rid of it. It has some pretty good hangar rash though. I really don't want to redo my flaps but I just might... Anyway, it would cost around $100 for wings, tail and fuse at hobbyzone.com anyone seen the parts cheaper anywhere else? Its the white one by the way
Sending you a PM.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I got a BNF T-28 in October and had DX5e remote that I got to use with a Super Cub. Setting up the remote for the T-28 out of the box both plane and remote work perfectly. For Christmas I decided I wanted a remote that I could bind both my T-28 and my Super Cub too so I picked up a DX6i off Amazon. I binded both planes to the remote and everything on the ground seemed to work fine. I took my Super Cub out and it flew just fine once I trimed it out, it did seem a little sluggish (I figured it was because I had been flying the T-28 and was used to that) but flew fine. So I went to fly the T-28 and less then a second after takeoff the plane began and uncommanded left aileron roll and hit the ground, doing a fair bit of damage. I figured it was something I did or the trim was way off, so I fixed the plane, set some trim to counter the roll and went out to fly it again. The same thing happen less then a second off the ground and it had rolled to the left, no slower then the first time cause another crash. Now what I dont under stand is that the plane worked fine with my old controller and just changing controller seem to do this. The Super Cub works ok with the new controller but not the T-28, so I am left with a question is it with the plane or the controller, has anyone heard of anything like this or has anything that may help me?
Thank you for your time.
runningmovies is offline Find More Posts by runningmovies
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:02 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
brother.. one thing to tell you!

CHANGE YOUR LEFT AILERON SERVO
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:03 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
just be on the safe side.. i bet its the servo based on what you are explaining
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:14 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,771 Posts
Are you sure your ailerons aren't reversed on the new TX. I know mine were when I moved my PZ T-28 Trojan from my Spektrum DX6i to my new DX7s. Did you even do a ground check? We had a new guy out at the field last week and even though he did a ground check on his new plane, he didn't notice that the ailerons were reversed. The result, exactly like you described.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:22 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Are you sure your ailerons aren't reversed on the new TX. I know mine were when I moved my PZ T-28 Trojan from my Spektrum DX6i to my new DX7s. Did you even do a ground check? We had a new guy out at the field last week and even though he did a ground check on his new plane, he didn't notice that the ailerons were reversed. The result, exactly like you described.
thats true.. but if he didnt touch the reverse options.. the super cub should be the same