HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:16 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,012 Posts
Yes it works on the stock setup. Performance will be about the same, but I have noticed that it sure looks and sounds a lot nicer. The real T-28 was equipped with a 3 blade prop and I like the scale look it gives the plane.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:28 PM
United States, NY, Salamanca
Joined Nov 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Yes it works on the stock setup. Performance will be about the same, but I have noticed that it sure looks and sounds a lot nicer. The real T-28 was equipped with a 3 blade prop and I like the scale look it gives the plane.
thanks chuck, i'll have to give it a shot. I just put a 3 blade on my Flyzone Beaver and it real made it sound nice as well.
danike_42 is offline Find More Posts by danike_42
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
This prop:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=30902

may need to be reamed to fit, but looks great and is very smooth.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:50 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,012 Posts
Hey, how does the Beaver fly? I am interested in getting one and selling my Flyzone Cessna 182 to fund it. I recently purchased a new Flyzone F4U Corsair and it is a beauty. I am really liking the big Flyzone planes. I have 2 of the FZ Focke-Wulf FW 190's and they are also great flying planes.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:05 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,198 Posts
Trojan thread Chuck...

I know, there's way too many models to keep track of...
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
added 3d pushrods to my girl! got inspired reading through the p-47 thread for tips on my soon to be glen eagleston p-47! practicing for my next level JUG build. silver painted toothpicks. WARNING --- please balance your corsair props! they need it!!!!! then they are smooth as glass.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:54 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
added 3d pushrods to my girl! got inspired reading through the p-47 thread for tips on my soon to be glen eagleston p-47! practicing for my next level JUG build. silver painted toothpicks.

Walter... my p47 will arrive tomorrow.... but wont be ablo to even see the box until xmas... can you help me out with my wife??
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:05 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jan 2011
153 Posts
Looks great Walter!
campbellj is offline Find More Posts by campbellj
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:21 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,563 Posts
i bought my wife a i-robot vacuum for x-mas. its what she asked for. she said but i didnt get you anything yet... i said dont worry, i just picked up my present. wrapped up the jug and placed it next to her present under the tree. now we both have presents i said. i stare at it everyday. so looking forward to the build AND the weathering AND modifications AND upgrades... i love this crazy hobby. reminds me of building static models as a kid. mostly planes too. but now i get to actually fly them and not just hang them from the ceiling with fishing line. walt. p.s. - thanks for the compliments guys. these engine mods are really fun AND free too. best part. every little tweak here and there just adds to the wow factor for me. while i work on my jug this winter my father will be converting a 1/8 scale mustang IC to electric as well. i got him back into it.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Dec 2009
137 Posts
Just for fun...

Landing your ParkZone T-28 (2 min 4 sec)
cbr998 is offline Find More Posts by cbr998
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,198 Posts
#6 looked painful, but it appears the tough ol' Parkzone T-28 survived to fly another day....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Feb 2012
550 Posts
I recently put together a T-28 and noticed several irregularities.
The one that bothered me most because it can't be easily changed was the angle on the horizontal stab. Has that been a common complaint or did I get one put together by a workee after a night of binging?

The prop spinner nut was screwed on so tightly that I had to make a jig to hold the prop and a long handled hardened metal tool to remove it. The first tool used bent but didn't budge the nut.

The canopy fits so tightly it can't be pressed down for the magnet to hold.

The hinge tape for the elevator and ailerons was seperating from the foam.

Props were unbalanced.

I don't know if this was an old stock but the PnP manual included had optional parts listings that included crystal sets for transmitters.

The styrofoam had some impact damage and discolouration where the fuse had been glued together at the tail.

The manual also talks about a 25 amp ESC - I didn't check to see if that or the 30 amp was actually installed.

There's another issue regarding CG. The manual just states to measure 2 1/2 " behind the leading edge of the wing. There are other statements made regarding CG measurement on the internet - one states to measure 1" out from the fuselage and another to measure back at the fuselage.
It balances out with an EFlight 1800 battery at 2 1/2 " back from the edge of the wing at the fuselage. Measuring 1" out from the fuselage puts the CG forward by about a 1/2 inch.
So... which is correct?

Are these issues uncommon?
midnite is offline Find More Posts by midnite
Old Dec 21, 2012, 01:02 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,198 Posts
You recently put it together...

Did you recently buy it and from where? I think, and it's only a guess, that by your spelling of "discolouration" you're from somewhere other than the U.S., and perhaps, maybe this is old stock from somewhere.

Don't know, but sounds like you got old stock. Which is entirely "okay". Heck, Carlos' model is six years old and flying knife-edges around his club field in Florida. Regardless, just put the 1800 battery in the spot where it belongs, i.e. the little pocket under the front part of the canopy, and place the canopy in it's proper spot. The foam has some flexability so this will not be a problem. Then, invert the model and balance upside down as per the owner's manual. 2 1/2 inches from the leading edge.

I'd also recommend getting someone from an LHS or flying field to help. Sounds like nothings wrong, just typical questions from someone getting started, which is why we're here !

BTW, my prop adaptor was on pretty tight as well....once I broke it free, all was well. Really, if you're not going to be changing out props, there's no reason to remove it anyway....unless of course you prang a prop, in which case you'll be buying repair parts anyway... Additionally, if you're just getting started in the T-28 business, there's no reason to go fiddling with anything anyway until you learn to fly the thing....
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 21, 2012, 02:27 AM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnite View Post
I recently put together a T-28 and noticed several irregularities.
The one that bothered me most because it can't be easily changed was the angle on the horizontal stab. Has that been a common complaint or did I get one put together by a workee after a night of binging?
The prop spinner nut was screwed on so tightly that I had to make a jig to hold the prop and a long handled hardened metal tool to remove it. The first tool used bent but didn't budge the nut.
The canopy fits so tightly it can't be pressed down for the magnet to hold.
The hinge tape for the elevator and ailerons was seperating from the foam.
Props were unbalanced.
I don't know if this was an old stock but the PnP manual included had optional parts listings that included crystal sets for transmitters.

The styrofoam had some impact damage and discolouration where the fuse had been glued together at the tail.

The manual also talks about a 25 amp ESC - I didn't check to see if that or the 30 amp was actually installed.

Are these issues uncommon?
1) Stab. Not sure. Would have to see a picture to compare to others.
2) Spinner. They are very snug. Should be. Yours may have been a bit more.
3) My canopy was tight as well. Loosens up after a few replacements. Also check holes in front are clear and tape over magnet is flat. Mine was turned up on one side, which did not help. Replace tape if needed.
4) Hinge tape. Mine does not have hinge tape on elevator, only rudder.
5) Props. Props are always unbalaced, or assume they are.
6) ESC. Not sure what mine is either. Can't read specs on it without removing it.

I would add
1) Wheel system seems an after thought. Axles too loose on wheel. Wheels wobble causing binding on axle and against strut. Needs plastic spacers and different rods or wheel holes for better fit.
2) Front wheel horn is crack-plastic. Will crack if you tighten a bit too much. Mine did. Should be balistic nylon or something else with brass threaded insert. My wheel was turning in the housing so when I went to give a snug, it cracked.
3) The canopy is also a bit hard to get off. Good and bad. Almost need to get your nails in there. Over time, damaging your foam. Not sure of a good solution there.
4) Side tape on walls of battery compartment pulled off the front ends where the end wrap around front near firewall. Does not stick well to foam, especially after it pulled off once. Need better tape.
5) Mine seems to roll slower then sim model even at full throttle. Not sure why as all horns maxed out. Did not set any DR either. Just about 25% expo.
6) Why don't they just mark the CG on these planes? Would seem to be a simple addition to the paint process.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:59 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,731 Posts
Got some good footage of chasing another RC Airplane model (GLOW) with my T-28 Navy!

Park Zone T-28 Navy Trojan with 808 Key Chain Camera and it malfunctioned 12-20-2012 (2 min 14 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member