SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
I have the Park 480 with MAS 10 X 7 X 3 prop and it goes vertical. I fly it on Zippy 30C 3S-2200's for 8 minutes and come back with 3.74 per cell easily. It's not 3D or anything but nice power, nice speed (not speed demon) and best of both worlds. Love it.

Russ
yeah im not looking something this plane is not build for.. i want a little more speed and a little more vertical... can i ask you something? how did you resolved the (motor too short issue) ??
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Nov 2005
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
The E-Flite 480, 1020Kv "and" with a higher pitched propeller such as the same Park Zone 9.5 X 7.5 Stock Propeller will make the model zoom with zest appeal.

It depends on what you want. I like longer flights as the motor you are inquiring certainly pulls more AMPs and thereby shorter flight times.

I like the Stock Park Zone 480 with the 3-Blade MAS 10 X 7 X 3 as it provides very good performance for what I like to do (Continuous Knife Edges) and still be able to fly 7 - 8 minutes on 2200mAH (3-Cell), 25C discharge Li-POLYs.
thanks man, ill try that setup before i jump on it
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:04 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
yeah im not looking something this plane is not build for.. i want a little more speed and a little more vertical... can i ask you something? how did you resolved the (motor too short issue) ??
I had a nose in crash about a year ago and had to replace the nose steering firewall anyway t so I got a custom motor mount made for the Park 480, see below:
http://www.customrcparts.com/index.p...products_id=86
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Nov 2005
2,046 Posts
i was looking at that one... but i cant see how long it is.. so basically this mount is long enough so you dont have to use spacers to get the eflite 480 out of the cowl right?
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:14 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
i was looking at that one... but i cant see how long it is.. so basically this mount is long enough so you dont have to use spacers to get the eflite 480 out of the cowl right?
I did have some issue with the cowl and remember having to reposition the screws and where they went into fuse. I remember that they were very close to the edge and I may have used one spacer on each to get it out a bit more but it wasn't much trouble. Has not given me any trouble in a year...thank goodness.

My decision was that both motors cost about the same at my LHS so I went with a little higher kv motor to see what would happen. I like it but at the time I didn't know I would need a new motor mount, which added to the cost. I don't know if I would have done it now since the stock setup is so nice, really. I have enjoyed the little extra with the 3-blade prop though so....

Just your comfort level really.

Good luck,
Russ
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Nov 2005
2,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
I did have some issue with the cowl and remember having to reposition the screws and where they went into fuse. I remember that they were very close to the edge and I may have used one spacer on each to get it out a bit more but it wasn't much trouble. Has not given me any trouble in a year...thank goodness.

My decision was that both motors cost about the same at my LHS so I went with a little higher kv motor to see what would happen. I like it but at the time I didn't know I would need a new motor mount, which added to the cost. I don't know if I would have done it now since the stock setup is so nice, really. I have enjoyed the little extra with the 3-blade prop though so....

Just your comfort level really.

Good luck,
Russ

thanks a lot for sharing your experience buddy!!!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:34 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,496 Posts
charging 12 batts as i type and thinking about the temps as they slowly sink for tomorrows flights. good thing i have a great warm hat with fleece ear flaps that snap down over the ears. makes such a big difference to the enjoyment level with a warm body. how long do you guys fly when the mercury drops? 12 flights seems about my max.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:36 AM
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
charging 12 batts as i type and thinking about the temps as they slowly sink for tomorrows flights. good thing i have a great warm hat with fleece ear flaps that snap down over the ears. makes such a big difference to the enjoyment level with a warm body. how long do you guys fly when the mercury drops? 12 flights seems about my max.
I'm in Texas the mercury almost never drops
Our biggest problem is not leaving batteries in the sun for too long!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,496 Posts
lucky!
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:08 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
can someone give me pointers on the quickest way to convert this plane to a taildragger? thanks.

ps - preferably with parts i can get at an lhs rather than online.
cmdl is offline Find More Posts by cmdl
Last edited by cmdl; Dec 07, 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: ps
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:42 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,019 Posts
It's been done and you'll have to read way back in this thread.

But why?

I love the tricycle landing gear. Sets the 28 apart from the rest of the warbird foamies in this class. There are lots of tail draggers out here in this foamy class. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
can someone give me pointers on the quickest way to convert this plane to a taildragger? thanks.

ps - preferably with parts i can get at an lhs rather than online.
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:43 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
already searched in the thread - didn't find anything informative. guys talking about planning to do the taildragger mod, about moving aileron wires for new LG, etc. barely anything to go off from. that was pretty much all i found, unless i missed something. thats why i thought i'd ask.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:03 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
already searched in the thread - didn't find anything informative. guys talking about planning to do the taildragger mod, about moving aileron wires for new LG, etc. barely anything to go off from. that was pretty much all i found, unless i missed something. thats why i thought i'd ask.
There are so many great scale tail wheel aircraft around, why would you want to make your T-28 into an ill-handling beast on the taxiway? After all that effort one good ground loop could ground you for a good long while...
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:16 PM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
8,830 Posts
i know there are choices out there. for instance, i have a spitfire and it handles just fine on the ground too. i am still interested in knowing about the taildragger mod. would appreciate if someone could point me to some resources.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:37 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,995 Posts
Here's some design data on conventional "tail dragger" landing gear.
http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/design/q0200.shtml
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member