They will for sure
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:27 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,569 Posts
coming up on flight 100! hope my motor hangs in there.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:29 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
it will
already tested the G10 motor with stock prop.. GEEZZ over 40 amps... holly sh.. im going back to stock motor
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
Me working last night with a good background
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
I have 63 flights on my Trojan - most of them on a Turnigy 3536 1100kv. But I've now stripped my aileron servos after doing many belly landings - some on gravel.

Going to replace the aileron servos with TPro MG90S metal gear ones and protect them with some skids plates.

Hand launching and belly landing is still king for me!
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
I have 63 flights on my Trojan - most of them on a Turnigy 3536 1100kv. But I've now stripped my aileron servos after doing many belly landings - some on gravel.

Going to replace the aileron servos with TPro MG90S metal gear ones and protect them with some skids plates.

Hand launching and belly landing is still king for me!

what prop you use man?
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:52 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,745 Posts
Just came back from flying both my NAVY & AIRFORCE T-28's Trojans!

Lots of Touch & Goes (more like kiss the ground) as we had a nice "CLAM" wind coming from the North-North West of nothing more than 5 MPH on Level Ground but, up at 80 Feet it was more like 10 MPH and both Trojan's appeared to have flaps as they looked like kites without strings while at 1/2 throttle.

Because of a good head wind, both came in dead stick from 40 feet up and Kissed the Concrete Band Practice area at the High School.

It was a very good morning
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:08 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,232 Posts
Glad to hear you got the Navy schemed Trojan up in the air...is that the one that Gerry gave you?
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
Glad to hear you got the Navy schemed Trojan up in the air...is that the one that Gerry gave you?
No, however, you are correct, the one Gerry gave me is Airframe only and it "is" the NAVY scheme.

It needs lots of parts such as the Cowling, Plastic Motor mount, Motor, ESC, all servos.

No, the NAVY that I flew today is mine and it is pushing 6.5 years old!!!! Remember back then, it came with the Park Zone "Green" Transmitter and the Cheesy no good 72-Mhz Receiver. It is still flying!!!!! (Of course with a Castle Creations BERG 4-Channel DSP 72-Mhz Receiver and controlled with the JR XP-7202)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,745 Posts
Quote:
I got my camera on the charger and soon I will upload pictures of the donor!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,232 Posts
That's awesome....

Parkzone makes/sells quailty stuff. The proof is on these threads. There's many older 3 channel PZ warbirds still flying (notably the old FW-190 and Spitfire), and of course your six and a half year old T-28!

You Sir take very good care of your models and that's how you get your value for every dollar...not to mention they sorta become part of the family...

I'm still flying my original Super Cub (two of them, in fact) and have well over 25 logged flight hours on my T-28....I'm hoping she'll reach the mythical century mark unblemished
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:28 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,745 Posts
Quote:
That's awesome....

Parkzone makes/sells quailty stuff. The proof is on these threads. There's many older 3 channel PZ warbirds still flying (notably the old FW-190 and Spitfire), and of course your six and a half year old T-28!

You Sir take very good care of your models and that's how you get your value for every dollar...not to mention they sorta become part of the family...

I'm still flying my original Super Cub (two of them, in fact) and have well over 25 logged flight hours on my T-28....I'm hoping she'll reach the mythical century mark unblemished
Ahhhhhh, cough cough... My newer Super Cub that I purchased Airframe only had a bad experience back in August 1st, 2009! One of the wing struts came loose and this is the Brushless powered one (BP A2217/9 Motor) and the wing ripped clean off and the only thing holding it was the Oracal top wing decals that I made and just missed a parked car (mine!)

One or two pictures.....(The model looks better than new as I glued all parts / pieces using White Glue and allowed it to cure over-night and it is super strong and covered completely in Bright White Oracol mylar adhesive film.

Okay, instead of pictures of a model not in discussion here, I am just going to provide a link in case you like to see and read.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=21681
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:42 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
what prop you use man?
Went back to swinging the stock black prop on the 3536. I like the performance, vertical, and the motor/ESC stays cool. Can't remember the amps and watts on this set-up. But I can put it on my watt meter when I fix my T-28.
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
Thanks a lot man
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
I got my camera on the charger and soon I will upload pictures of the donor!
As promised, here are a couple of pictures (some closeups) of my 3rd T-28 Trojan (my 2nd NAVY Trojan) Now I have 3 T-28's!!!!

As you can see it is in very good shape considering the amount of hands it has floated around!!!

This will be my Full Featured Trojan Ship with Flaps and perhaps Electric Retracts as I have a few in my hobby drawer!

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Dec 01, 2012 at 02:39 PM.