alright!! thanks!
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:17 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,480 Posts
Look up a few earlier posts (on this page) and Pittspecial (Carlos) has posted his choices....seems to be the prevailing sentiment amongst folks putting three bladers on their T-28's...

Ooops! Carlos beat me to it; we were typing at the same time....he won
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,563 Posts
Yep, just checked and mine is 10 X 7 X 3 Master Air Screw. I've had the same prop for over a year, it's tough.
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:43 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Select your liking:
http://masterairscrew.com/3-bladeseries.aspx

I believe it has been posted for those using this brand 10 X 7 X 3.

Assuming the STOCK Park Zone 480 Brushless.
yeap.. thats the one i j ust ordered from ebay.. cheaper shipping
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:00 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,213 Posts
considering the stock prop is 9.5 i didnt want to go 10 for lack of clearance so i got a 9. will post results when i get her in the air.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:03 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
considering the stock prop is 9.5 i didnt want to go 10 for lack of clearance so i got a 9. will post results when i get her in the air.
So the Dubro 2.5" wheels also get me the extra ground clearance for the 10x7x3 MAS prop - sweet! Is it a simple bolt-on or will I need to mod it?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,690 Posts
i just got my 2 APC 9x9 and my turnigy G10 motor... ill make her scream now using stock ESC... Ecalc tells me ill be below 30 amps static, so flying will be around 26 or even 25.... lets see.. WOHOOO
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:09 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Hi,
My motor had a mechanical failure 6 seconds after take off and i was lucky to have enough altitude and airspeed to make an emergency landing. Poor motor.
So I looked up for a replacement motor and I was completely shocked to see that it costed about 40 dollars for a plastic motor. I know hobbyking had good stuff for cheap. Does anyone here know good cheaper alliterative motor i can get that will fit right on the motor mount and have the proper shaft length?
thanks
shelby
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
i just got my 2 APC 9x9 and my turnigy G10 motor... ill make her scream now using stock ESC... Ecalc tells me ill be below 30 amps static, so flying will be around 26 or even 25.... lets see.. WOHOOO
I am sure it is the APC "Sport" 9 X 9 2-blade. If it is then, you need good RPMs at the Motor Output shaft to take advantage of that "higher Pitch" other wise you will be at the lower end of the propeller efficiency.

Additionally, the hub is right about the same thickness as the Park Zone propellers but, anything large in diameter starting with 10 inch Sport you will have an issue trying to tighten it with the STOCK Park Zone prop adapters.

The comment about clearance of using the MAS 3-Blade 10 X 7 X 3 is not valid as I have the STOCK Wheels on my T-28D and I have not changed out any wheels and do not have any issues with propeller strikes on the ground nor grass field.

Guapo.
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:21 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
Hi,
My motor had a mechanical failure 6 seconds after take off and i was lucky to have enough altitude and airspeed to make an emergency landing. Poor motor.
So I looked up for a replacement motor and I was completely shocked to see that it costed about 40 dollars for a plastic motor. I know hobbyking had good stuff for cheap. Does anyone here know good cheaper alliterative motor i can get that will fit right on the motor mount and have the proper shaft length?
thanks
shelby
Shelby,

First, what kind of flying do you want to see out of your T-28? I ask since now you have to change out the motor and this is an opportunity to install something with either more Kv for added airspeed or keeping it the same performance.

Guapo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
Hi,
thanks
shelby
Park 480 great motor man..... Way more power...g10
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
Park 480 great motor man..... Way more power...g10
Agreed, the 1020Kv

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...rodID=EFLM1505

RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:34 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,213 Posts
i have the 2.5 wheels but still like the extra clearance of a 9 prop. i was running a 9 corsair prop and liked the extra room for the occasional bumping landing due to wind, crappy landing zone surface, tall grass etc. i have broken the 9 blade on rough landing due to ground strike. im hoping its a rare thing but i dont need it any closer than stock prop. guess i could get both and have the option to switch to see which i like best.
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Last edited by walter3rd; Nov 30, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,480 Posts
So Mr. Guapo,

Is that a direct bolt in or would I have to do some minor adjustments...
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:54 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
So Mr. Guapo,

Is that a direct bolt in or would I have to do some minor adjustments...
I had thought, someone posted a picture of them using this same exact motor?
RCG Plus Member