HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
RC pilots do it in the air
Joined Dec 2011
114 Posts
Had a fun time flying my "big" T-28 for the first time in about three plus months, down at my local official field.

I sometimes forget how fun it is to fly the PZ T-28. I get a lot more stick time with the micros, as I can fly them in several locations besides my AMA-sanctioned field.

Hey aerial photography / video guys, can anyone direct me to a URL where they bought a good, functional keychain camera? I bought one and had to return it through Amazon, it never was functional.
marke14 is offline Find More Posts by marke14
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jan 2011
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrice4 View Post
Mine broke, I need a new T-28, anyone wanna sell me theirs lol? PM if your serious.
What's broke on it that can't be fixed?
campbellj is offline Find More Posts by campbellj
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:58 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
418 Posts
Marke14,
About a month ago I spent hours reading different threads on different cameras. I decided this one #16 (about $50) is the best. from various comparisons. I purchased from the vendor in post #2 of the thread. Camera arrived in 8 days and it works great and the HD video is better than my $400 family camera that I bought a few years ago.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:36 PM
Fresno, Calif.
Joined Feb 2007
152 Posts
Thanks Walter3rd & BlinkguY. I will try that and use grey tape (T-28D). This is the only proublem I've had with this plane ....love it !!!!!
onothimagain is offline Find More Posts by onothimagain
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,406 Posts
Anytime
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:08 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,180 Posts
you got it! this site rocks!
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
952 Posts
Going to add lights to my T-28 this week.
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:25 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
Marke14,
About a month ago I spent hours reading different threads on different cameras. I decided this one #16 (about $50) is the best. from various comparisons. I purchased from the vendor in post #2 of the thread. Camera arrived in 8 days and it works great and the HD video is better than my $400 family camera that I bought a few years ago.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
I have two #16's and love 'em to pieces! I wear one on my hat and have flown the other one on my SR 120 heli. The HD is truly amazing for such a tiny package!

I'm waiting on a new canopy for my T-28 (backordered) so I can mount the camera inside. The old canopy was trashed by the previous owner so I wouldn't get a clear picture, and I don't want to risk losing the camera by mounting it on the outside. If anyone has figured out a safe external mount please post it!

I ordered my two cams from eletopline, one last December and the other in January for about $40 ea. w/free shipping; they each arrived from Hong Kong in less than two weeks!

If and when you place your order be sure to ask if there is a "freebie" available with the camera. Back then I received an extra battery with the first camera . The polarity is reversed on the battery so I had to reverse the leads on my charger to charge it externally (not a problem with the internal batteries that charge through the usb port).
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:29 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Going to add lights to my T-28 this week.
Are you using someone's stock kit or DIY?
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:19 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,583 Posts
Sunday morning, November 25th, 2012

Had a great Sunday morning in Central Florida as the weather conditions were as perfect as one can stand!

Flew with two good friends that enjoy this hobby as much as I do and David Hart had a great time with his Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" Trojan!

David getting ready!

Here is the Video showing you enjoying your Park Zone T-28D Airforce Trojan at EDWARDS!
Park Zone T-28D Airforce Trojan by David Hart 11-25-2012 (2 min 50 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
LETS GO UTES!!
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2011
201 Posts
I think its time to add some flaps and retracts to mine. any suggestions on kits or how tos?
TheyCallMeUTAH is offline Find More Posts by TheyCallMeUTAH
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:25 PM
In thrust we trust
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pilgrim View Post
I don't want to risk losing the camera by mounting it on the outside. If anyone has figured out a safe external mount please post it!
Have you seen the EyePods?

http://jarelaircraftdesign.com/produ...camera-mount-2

They're perfect for your #16s. I haven't put mine together yet but it sure looks promising.
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeUTAH View Post
I think its time to add some flaps and retracts to mine. any suggestions on kits or how tos?
Back in 2008, a good friend by the name of Antonio Speed (BigTonE) installed Flaps on his T-28 with custom paint job and you can clearly see the Flaps at the start of this Video. Antonio is an excellent RC Flyer and modeler and I have yet to come close to his skills.

Park Zone T-28 by Tony at Moon Port Modelers RC Club (7 min 29 sec)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:25 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,583 Posts
Early this morning I fixed several items on my Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" Model and it was one thing or the other! After working on it for almost 2 hours, I finally headed to the RC Club to fly it.

Would you know, the freaking STOCK Brushless obtained a bearing noise!!

I am replacing the motor as I type!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,106 Posts
With a stock 480 or...?
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-flite Carbon Z Cub