HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:36 PM
Fresno, Calif.
Joined Feb 2007
157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
I had to re-tape my elevator several months back as well....

A poor design, to say the least, but hey, that's what clear packing tape is for !
what's up with that, I've read many times about people having to tape horz. stab. I have about 95 flights on my T-28D still looks good (but i went ahead & ordered a back-up)
onothimagain is offline Find More Posts by onothimagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, GA, Dallas
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Hello all!!! I am fairly new to flying(4 months or so)! I learned on a PZ T-28 and I am now building my second. I had originally bought a spare wing,fuselage,horizontal wing and cowl in the expectation that I would need spare parts and ended up not having to use them so I bought everything else I need to build me another one with a little hotter set-up. My question is(and I have done some searching in the 1721 pages of this thread with no luck!LOL) what do I use to mount these servo's?Epoxy? Thanx for any help in advance!!!
ejimbo4 is offline Find More Posts by ejimbo4
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:41 PM
Look ma, no hands!
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Aug 2011
1,252 Posts
Piggybacking

I did a little searching myself but came up empty - would like a tutorial on how to replace the aileron servos.
1Pilgrim is offline Find More Posts by 1Pilgrim
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,873 Posts
Easy as pulling them off.... The sucket should be tight enough.... Put back the original white tape and on top of it put reallu good clear tape... Easy as that... Its really tight after that
BlinkguY is offline Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Nov 12, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
What about in the fuselage....same thing?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,873 Posts
What about it? I got lost somewere in your post???
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:08 PM
Manassas, Virginia
Joined May 2008
425 Posts
I glued my servo's in with hot glue so I could pull them out if I need to.
GCplane is offline Find More Posts by GCplane
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
I'm just used to trucks,cars and boats where everything is screwed in tight and this is my first time with foam. I guess I might be making it harder than it is.....
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:35 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jan 2011
153 Posts
Went flying yesterday....er crashing yesterday I guess I could say. Took the nose off, broke the cowl, motor mount, cracked the wing in 2 places, cracked the horizonal stab, split the fuse ect... ect.... I lost one of the pushrods for one of the ailerons until I found out how hard they are to get, couldnt find it on horizon website for some reason, read somewhere you got to call them directly and ask for it, so today at lunch I drove back to the field and walked around until I found it.

Looks like I got my work cut out for me over the next few days trying to fix it. I'm going to try to make it air worthy again before I buy a new fuse. Hopefully I can, I just wish the nose would have broken off a little cleaner than it did.
campbellj is offline Find More Posts by campbellj
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:37 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwingit View Post
A poor design, to say the least, but hey, that's what clear packing tape is for !
Packing tape does not hold up over time and yellows and is not very flexible. Try using Blenderm tape for this. The surgical stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejimbo4 View Post
what do I use to mount these servo's?Epoxy? Thanx for any help in advance!!!
Jimbo - Use bathroom silicone adhesive so you can get them back out if you ever have to. Hotglue second best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejimbo4 View Post
What about in the fuselage....same thing?
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellj View Post
Went flying yesterday....er crashing yesterday I guess I could say. Looks like I got my work cut out for me over the next few days trying to fix it. I'm going to try to make it air worthy again before I buy a new fuse. Hopefully I can, I just wish the nose would have broken off a little cleaner than it did.
Campbell - Use your favorite glue to put back on your nose. I always stabbed in some toothpicks from different directions along the break for added strength.
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Nov 12, 2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Thanks rdcskkrose!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,873 Posts
do you guys like my new rc plane hanger???

and this is a pic with my new friends at the park... great sunday it was.... guess who im I in the picture
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:31 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,417 Posts
thanks for the blenderm tape tip guys. my wife had a role and just reinforced my elevator. i do not want to loose that control surface for sure. makes me feel better its beefed up now. i got about 80 flights before she broke. not too bad i guess. kinda wet here now, but looking forward to the first flight with the new 2 blade prop. curious as to how it will sound compared to the 3 blade. should be fun.excited to hit triple digits with this girl. thats flights recorded.she has been nothing but a pure joy to fly. happy flying, walt
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 PM
Bay Area, California
Joined Dec 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCplane View Post
Several years ago, I bought some warm insulated gloves about $10. I cut tip of the thumb and index finger off, all other fingers untouched. I flew all winter in the snow with nice warm hands.
I also had to put a sock on my battery to keep it warm in flight and I keep my unused batteries in my vehicle or in my coat pockets until ready to use them. Before the sock, I had two older batteries to immediately hit low voltage when I gave lots of throttle for takeoff and the second one when I gave it throttle for a vertical aerobatic climb. Both batteries hit LVC in the first seconds of flight. No more problems after using a small kid's thin sock.
That is a great idea indeed. Although, I have to admit, I think I am just a weeny, it was only 56F outside. In my defense it was high 80's last week, so I think I am just used to the warmer weather

Looking forward to going flying again this upcoming weekend, weather permitting of course. New motor and esc really make this plane scoot. I think I may try the stock prop and see how much more speed it adds.
Wildjones is offline Find More Posts by Wildjones
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:52 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,417 Posts
i have already started flying with gloves with the thumb tip cut off. love it. i cut off the index too to aid in battery changes.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd