Any links..?? Dont want to mess it up
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:10 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
just balanced my prop on my t28 and so glad i did. used the dubro balancer and it worked great! one less thing to worry about. it was way off and now its spot on! i love learning about this great hobby. happy flying. walt
walter3rd is online now Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkguY View Post
Any links..?? Dont want to mess it up
big box store, caulk isle. take your pick. anything will work. I've used welders in some cases, and also GG.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,890 Posts
thanks a lot man
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:57 AM
United States, AR, Benton
Joined Jul 2007
50 Posts
Full or empty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
here are some weights !

as I said Zippy Compact 2200mah are the best way to go with this plane
Are these weights for fully charged or empty batteries? I'm sure all those extra electrons must be very heavy. LOL I fly Nano Tech 2650's and this plane carries the weight without problem.
JDougherty, Erie is offline Find More Posts by JDougherty, Erie
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:24 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,638 Posts
Electrons don't weigh much
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
1,890 Posts
well buddy.. i do have the turnigy 2200 and they work 100% like factory default! this thing floats just like my apprentice no issues with th CG
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:43 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS2010 View Post
Electrons don't weigh much
Yea, but they sure cost alot! LOL.
rdcskkrose is online now Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
just set my wings in a thin bead of adhesive caulk to bind to fuselage. said foam safe on tube so gave it a whirl. didnt really like the idea of just 1 thin screw holding my wings on. seemed a bit weak. i like the insurance. finished my struts and am itching for my maiden now. looks like decent weather fridey. fingers crossed.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:07 AM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Oct 2009
88 Posts
Quick question:
I have finally killed my stock motor. So my plan is to use a G25 870kv motor I have. I will be using my 3s 2200 mah 30c lipos. What would be a good all around prop for this motor and batt combo?
Thanks.
drktkm is offline Find More Posts by drktkm
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Sep 2008
675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drktkm View Post
Quick question:
I have finally killed my stock motor. So my plan is to use a G25 870kv motor I have. I will be using my 3s 2200 mah 30c lipos. What would be a good all around prop for this motor and batt combo?
Thanks.
Stock ESC? That might be the limiting factor, if you use too big of a prop.
aurorae is offline Find More Posts by aurorae
Old Sep 27, 2012, 02:24 PM
Canada, BC, Chilliwack
Joined Oct 2009
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurorae View Post
Stock ESC? That might be the limiting factor, if you use too big of a prop.
Forgot to mention that I have a 70amp esc I can use. I was going to try a 12x6 if I have enough clearance.
drktkm is offline Find More Posts by drktkm
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:16 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
FINALLY GOT MY MAIDEN FLIGHT! WOW! what a easy plane to fly. she jumped in the air, flew at 3/4 for about 8 minutes and practically landed herself. just a pleasure to fly. high rates off the bat and did the usual rolls, loops a bit of inverted etc. such a calm sight. i did some low fly bys and was amazed that she was almost silent. dont know its because i am running 3 blade or the fact that i balanced it but she was very quiet. sounded sooooo smooth as she passed by. glorious! i only had 2 batteries so that was a bummer. dropped down and came in to land both times coming up short of my touch down area. she really slows down fast and glides so well. cant wait to practice nice roll out landings with a victory turn and taxi back to me. im over the moon with this plane. just recieved 4 gen ace batteries in the mail today. time to start soldering. i dont think 6 total batteries will be enough. im in love!!!! walt.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:57 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,886 Posts
Soooo all the preflight jitters were......

UNNECESSARY !

Glad all went well; this model will quickly become your favorite. You're quite right that 6 batteries may not be enough ! Practice, practice, practice and soon you'll be doing nice scale take-offs and greasing the landings. This plane rolls and loops wonderfully; work hard to make them look scale.

Just fly her Walt and enjoy it !
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,430 Posts
you are correct... UNNESSASARY INDEED! what a pleasure. quick question.. so my plane esc has the ec3 connectors for the parkzone battery and the gen ace batteries i just recieved are red banana connectors. which way should i switch my gear? should i attach the ec3 parkzone connectors to the gen ace batteries or the other way round? one better than the other? i also have a new thunder balance charger and it only has the banana adapter not a ec3 so i cant charge my parkzone battery with her. im stuck with the car charger at the moment. i need advise on which way to unify my gear. as it stands i can not plug my new batteries into my plane. dont want to rush and make a bad decision on the conversion. please advise. i cant wait to fly again! help! walt.