HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:01 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,012 Posts
No use arguing with the rabid "Orange TX" fanboys. I have 6 foamie planes, all with Spektrum AR6115e RXs and all flown with a DX6i TX. Never had an issue. I think these guys have this thing about "cheaper" is better.............NOT. There is nothing wrong with Spektrum stuff. That's why I find the "Stay away from Spektrum!" comments so laughable. I have nothing against Futaba, Hitec, Airtronics electronics; I do have an issue with some knockoff that is touted only because it is CHEAP. If you want to go cheap, you are in the wrong hobby boys. Really, how good can a $30 TX and a $10 RX be. Great if you are into CHEAP. I am not. Oh yeah, he was reading it on the Internet so it has to be true!! LOL!!!
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:20 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
Deleted, out of topic
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:24 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
Deleted, out of topic
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:43 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
Deleted, out of topic
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
My PZ Spitfire, with a full range Spektrum receiver has never had so much as a glitch. Pilot induced crashes... Oh yes! Equipment malfunctions? No.

I have had issues with an OrangeRX on my Bixler, but I figured that was range related, because I hadn't ponied up for the satellite receiver. That plane is still flying, I just keep it close.

I will ante up for additional Spektrum receivers, rebuild my T-28 and carefully see if any other issues arise. Should a similar event occur, I will make the switch to Futaba.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,012 Posts
Dude, I have been into RC for about 25 years. I know about RC electronics. Sorry you can't afford the good stuff. BTW, I didn't knock Futaba. I think they are great. I take issue with the praises that all you "Orange RX" fanboys give a knockoff product.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hackney
Joined Aug 2011
217 Posts
I've got a bent shaft on the park 480 motor that came with my t-28. today i finally got around to replacing it and realised that i can;t get to the grub screws at the top of the can to release the bent shaft - there's just 2 depressions in the plastic. no hex head. no visible screw.

how the hell are you supposed to get the shaft out of this thing? anyone got the info?
stallion explosi is offline Find More Posts by stallion explosi
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:04 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion explosi View Post
no hex head. no visible screw. how the hell are you supposed to get the shaft out of this thing? anyone got the info?
The little grub screw is buried in loctite. So you cant see it. One solution is to use a soldering iron pressed next to where the screw is to heat it up and after the loctite gets soft you can get your little allen wrench in the socket and back it out. Or you can drill it out. Keep us posted.

Ron
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:32 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
Do you want more??

Tell me how many recalls have spektrum?
Tell me how many recalls have futaba?

Spektrum DX5 DX6 DX7 DX8 all of them have being recall.

Futaba. 0 and more than 60 years in bussines not new in the market like spektrum.
Take a gander at this:
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/futabafasstfoobar.shtml

The score isn't quite what you claim.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:05 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Dude, I have been into RC for about 25 years. I know about RC electronics. Sorry you can't afford the good stuff. BTW, I didn't knock Futaba. I think they are great. I take issue with the praises that all you "Orange RX" fanboys give a knockoff product.
Sorry Richie Rich. You have to be a kid no more than 15.

25 years in the hobby. Jajajajaja. Now that was a good joke
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:14 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
Deleted. Out of topic
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:19 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,551 Posts
Quote:
Ok. Yes so futaba have 1 recall in 65 years. Spektrum 1 per 6 month.

Please can you tell me the date of that i dont found it. Not even sure if is true. I never heard of that. But yes could be possible still a man invention and we are not GODS.
For more discussion on that recall just google "futaba recall", there are a number of threads about it on rcgroups and other places.

Quote:
So enough have being said. Just let keep going forward every one use the Radio of their choice.

But if you ask me Futaba for ever.
My point is not that one radio is better than the other - that as you say is mostly personal taste. My point is computer radios are just that - computers. They run software. Software has bugs. Always. Good software just has fewer bugs, most or all of which aren't important.

I think it's much more interesting that when you go to the spektrum website, you can find info about any applicable recalls right there, complete with PIDs to look for and what to do about it. I was unable to find similar info on the futaba site about the above widely discussed recall. If its there, it's a lot harder to find. I'd encourage all manufacturers to be as forthcoming about their problems as spektrum.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:21 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Nov 2005
2,061 Posts
Futaba is good.... Spektrum is good... But for some reason most people nowdays preffer spektrum for some reason..... Maybe futaba has a better % on recalls.... But you know what? Spektrum stand by their products.... I have a dx8 and you will have to kill me to change from my dx8 to a futaba transmitter... spektrum is as good as futaba to me.... But spektrum looks nicer and sleeker
BlinkguY is online now Find More Posts by BlinkguY
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,698 Posts
I just deleted my post that are out of topic in this thread. Sorry for get out of topic. I do start a new thread.

Please come here to continue in a profetional way. Everyone is welcome
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1707475
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:07 AM
MO, USA
Joined Jun 2010
686 Posts
I picked up a set of SuperCub floats to put on T-28. I've found several photos of T-28's on floats, but nothing with measurements or mounting location. I'm wondering if anyone has some guidelines I can start with, for mounting these floats. I'd like to mount them in the following manner, as I think this is nice and clean. This will be a dedicated float plane.

The other option, I guess, would be to install them something like this:

http://www.flyrc.com/011206

I don't think it looks as nice, but it would be a little less permanent.
motoguy1 is offline Find More Posts by motoguy1