HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:02 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hehe. If you get a 3dhs plane you will freak out begause you think your wings are full of helium
Now heck. There may be someting to that. LOL.
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:05 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Does anyone have a broken wing they can pull the landing gear plate off and sellto me? I lost mine in some tall grass. Parkzone only sells the wheel and wire, no plate. Ill take the wheel and wire too, but if you just have the plate then that's great!
srt8madness is offline Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:12 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hehe. If you get a 3dhs plane you will freak out begause you think your wings are full of helium
In fact i love my epp's just because of helium filled wings. So easy to do 3d. That every flight i make lots of nonsence new tricks And just float around doung harrier.

The CZ YAK is a 3d brick. Im not using her for hard 3d but still a very powerfull and exellent plane just need a more consentration.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:32 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,877 Posts
Awesome!

Someone else here on the thread who thinks golf courses make for perfect flying fields...
Justwingit is online now Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcskkrose View Post
Now heck. There may be someting to that. LOL.
Wait, so you never thought of filling your wings and elevator with helium? maybe a 126 slick? the next crowd pleaser is, the "blimp"! Move on over KE spins and blenders!
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:09 PM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Starting on my 90mph build! Ill put more detail tomorrow. Hopefully it works out. My biggest obstacle is getting a radar!
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:23 AM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness View Post
Does anyone have a broken wing they can pull the landing gear plate off and sellto me? I lost mine in some tall grass. Parkzone only sells the wheel and wire, no plate. Ill take the wheel and wire too, but if you just have the plate then that's great!
Here you go. http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4423

They sell them at most lhs and online. Hope this helps.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,961 Posts
I just got the plates and wheels for the main gear at my LHS. total cost is about $10 bucks.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:39 PM
whiirrrrrr
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Whadda know! I could have sworn they didn't have them. Thanks!
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:52 PM
mcx2, mcpx2, sukhoi XP, DX6i
Canada, BC, Comox-Strathcona
Joined Apr 2012
22 Posts
The FMS model doesn't seem to work. It loads but then freezes. All other models work ok.

Any fixes?
AaronG is offline Find More Posts by AaronG
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:57 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,378 Posts
Have any1 try the hobbywing skywalker 40a (linear bec). I need one for my stinson reliant (the thread is dead that is why ask here since is same power plant) is 5 servos so maybe the UBEC version will be better.

Or maybe move my eflite 30a from the "T" to the stinson and use the 40a to get use of my still in the box P10.

Or use the P10 in the Stinson (that could be cool)
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:54 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
I completely trashed my T-28 yesterday, after a loss of signal with a HobbyKing OrangeRC receiver. I had purchased the receiver with a satelite receiver, and it passed the range check.

Halfway through a gentle banking turn, total loss of control, and the plane flew off-range and into the side of a neighbor's house. Thank goodness the damage was limited to a punctured screen, and a massacre of foam. The owners were pretty unfazed, and I have (of course) offered to replace the screen.

The cowl is shattered, the motor and prop are toast, the fuselage is broken in two, and every mounting plate/ screw mount/ landing gear plate has been shredded from the foam. I will not fly or recharge what was a brand new battery again either.

The moral of the story is that I will no longer trust the HK receivers for anything that flies (or goes fast). The $60 savings cost me both a $178 plane and likely $100 for a new screen. And it could have been far worse.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:02 AM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,378 Posts
Is not hobbyking. Is just spektrum. I have 3 orange futaba 2 frsky futaba and 1 corona futaba. I never got a signal issue.

By the other hand lost of signal in spektrum can happen also with OEM rx. Stay away from spektrum.

Yesturday night i was reading in a website that one of the fact in spektrum lost of signal are the linear bec since people use them on 3s the linear will not put more than .5amps . spektrum rx are amp eater so a linear bec/esc can cutoff the bec using spektrum on 3s shuting down the rx

GET FUTABA FASST

So if you are on stock ESC is a switching bec . ok for spektrum but dont use linear bec if you still on spektrum
Last edited by DaxFX; Aug 07, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:27 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,638 Posts
+1 DAX

I just switched over to Futaba FASST from being an avid Spektrum user for over 3 years. Just too many unexplained signal losses. I used to loathe the Futaba fanatics and now I am one...oh well...I like Futaba original and FrSky rx's so far for the last two months.

Russ
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Catch Up 2013-2014
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:58 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Are you suggesting that my issues are with the $200+ DX6i (newer DSMX version), and not the $25 (RX + satellite) receiver? I'd be a little surprised at that!

The rest of my setup was as per the PNP version.. stock motor, 2200mAH 25C 3S Battery, stock 30A ESC, and stock prop.

I was flying 2/3 throttle around 100m downrange, and 40m elevation. I have flown the same pattern with the same plane probably a hundred times without incident.

Transmitter voltage was 6.9V on Lithium batteries.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member