HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:02 AM
United States, TN, Gallatin
Joined Mar 2012
8 Posts
Awesome, thanks for all the detailed repair tips folks. Looks like I'm in better shape than I thought.

Another thing that broke was a servo arm on the wing. The gears do not seem stripped. Are the arms standard size? I only saw the entire servo on Horizon parts site, but just need the arm so will look for replacement elsewhere I guess.
saboism is offline Find More Posts by saboism
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:25 PM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
482 Posts
@saboism, if the crash was hard enuf to break the servo arm, I'd be real concerned about the servo, even tho it seems to be ok. They don't cost much, so just get a new one. The servo arm is standard size.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How people size you up
Old Jul 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
@saboism, if the crash was hard enuf to break the servo arm, I'd be real concerned about the servo, even tho it seems to be ok. They don't cost much, so just get a new one. The servo arm is standard size.
Better to spend $10 than have a failure and another crash. +1
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jul 06, 2012, 05:47 PM
X-37B
United States, WV, Morgantown
Joined Jan 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
My old T28 had a similar break-off of the front fuse. I used toothpicks, g-glue, jbweld and epoxy mixed with Hobbylite. And after that, I used Hobbylite to spackle any small cracks. And when the Hobbylite dries, I soak it with thin ca. Here's the rebuild vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlzyeoW7J20
Nice! Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Enjoyed the unique paint/decal scheme as well.
HapG is offline Find More Posts by HapG
Old Jul 06, 2012, 07:38 PM
Timmmaaaahhh!!!
NW Indiana
Joined Mar 2008
502 Posts
Just got my t28 back together after the nose of the fuse broke off.
whitehawk is offline Find More Posts by whitehawk
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:34 PM
Y=C+I+G
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,525 Posts
update - flew the t28 with both 1300 mAh and 2200 mAh. she seems to fly better nose heavy even though that means i have to keep lifting her nose up. as for the bank to the left yesterday - dunno what that was caused by so i'm putting it down to pilot idiocy,...i mean pilot error.
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Old Jul 07, 2012, 12:07 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,426 Posts
Just some tips I learned the hardway, probably obvious to most of you.

1. Keep power and use elevator in turns to avoid tip stall/death spiral.
2. If you know enough to not go full throttle into the ground, a bigfoot 10 or power 10 mod can save you a lot easier than the stock motor. Say bye bye to scale flying though
3. Check the fiberglass wing spar by pulling the tape that covers it. On mine, it was not glued in very well. I used gorilla glue and then covered it with scotch extreme shipping tape tape. This tape is awesome. I also use it on the hinges as necessary. It's the tape with the cross hatch threads in it. Sadly, it doesn't blend in very well. It also seems to not only handle the sun well, but the glue seems to get stronger after being out in the sun.
7oneWo1f is online now Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Last edited by 7oneWo1f; Jul 07, 2012 at 02:10 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:33 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
3. Check the fiberglass wing brace by pulling the tape that covers it. On mine, it was not glued in very well. I used gorilla glue and then covered it with scotch extreme shipping tape tape. This tape is awesome. I also use it on the hinges as necessary. It's the tape with the cross hatch threads in it. Sadly, it doesn't blend in very well. It also seems to not only handle the sun well, but the glue seems to get stronger after being out in the sun.
ummm,. am i supposed to leave the tape on? this is the wing brace on the fuse right? the one with the two holes in it, aft side?

i did have it on initially but the little striped tape that came on it started coming off and so i just took it off. should i put some packing tape back on?
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:42 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Dec 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
ummm,. am i supposed to leave the tape on? this is the wing brace on the fuse right? the one with the two holes in it, aft side?

i did have it on initially but the little striped tape that came on it started coming off and so i just took it off. should i put some packing tape back on?

No he means the wing spar itself. Runs thru a groove under the bottom of the wing, nearly wingtip to wingtip. The groove (and spar) are covered with that grey, cheapo tape. I pulled all the tape from mine and retaped with Blenderm.
dragonshade is offline Find More Posts by dragonshade
Old Jul 07, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Dec 2011
203 Posts
Dax.... if you still check in... wondering if you ever tried the 4s batteries on your T-28, and what ya thought.
dragonshade is offline Find More Posts by dragonshade
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:05 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post
No he means the wing spar itself. Runs thru a groove under the bottom of the wing, nearly wingtip to wingtip. The groove (and spar) are covered with that grey, cheapo tape. I pulled all the tape from mine and retaped with Blenderm.
thanks. thats a relief.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:00 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post
Dax.... if you still check in... wondering if you ever tried the 4s batteries on your T-28, and what ya thought.
Have not yet. I have being few last weeks going to the field with my p47 and carbonz. Last week i flew my t28 and bring with me the 4s but was on 10x10e and i gorgot to bring a prop for the 4s.
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:04 AM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdl View Post
thanks. thats a relief.
Off topic for a second... but I was born in Alhambra, right down the road from you.
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:35 AM
Y=C+I+G
Joined Jan 2012
7,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Off topic for a second... but I was born in Alhambra, right down the road from you.
LOL. i actually live in alhambra - love the city. i just use rosemead on my location cause thats where my flying field is.
Old Jul 07, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Too Hot to fly today, so I decided to put lights on my T-28. Here are some pics.
jeb6684 is offline Find More Posts by jeb6684