HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:34 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagiace View Post
Stopped at a field on the way home to run a few batts. On take off I hit a hole and popped the canopy off. On inspection everything seemed fine but when I tested the throttle there was horrid vibration when I got it to 3/4 power. Took it appart and nothing stood out as the culprit. I suspected I bent the shaft but after getting it home I "think" it was just a loose prop adapter.
Worst part, it was on the first flight and I never got airborne. Lol
look it over again cause if your luck is anything like mine that was a warning call saying something is lurking in the shadowes....
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, CA, Roseville
Joined Nov 2011
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyplugs View Post
look it over again cause if your luck is anything like mine that was a warning call saying something is lurking in the shadowes....
zagiace ---

Gotta agree with Smitty. My prop adapters don't come loose; they come OFF.

Jeff
DTFB Aerowerks is offline Find More Posts by DTFB Aerowerks
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:39 AM
mmm... wings....
United States, CA, Santa Ana
Joined May 2004
334 Posts
Thanks, I will. The reason I thought the prop adapter was the issue is that after I pulled off the cowl and prop I spun the motor and tried to see if the shaft was obviously bent. Couldn't see anything. I grabbed the prop adapter and with a little force it would wiggle.
If its not the problem it definitely is a problem. Tomorrow I am gonna pull the shaft and check it.
zagiace is offline Find More Posts by zagiace
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:31 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,457 Posts
Fitted my Eflite power 10, 40A ESC and epoxied in a battery tray aft of regular position to get proper CG. This is all in a brand spanker T28. Letting my epoxy cure overnight. Looking forward to the maiden of this "hopped up" version.

Flew my FMS 1400mm Trojan tonight, to get my Trojan fix. Looks awesome on low high speed passes.
Grazer is online now Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
344 Posts
Maiden

Maidened my T-28 tonight and flew excellent right out of the box. This is my first tricycle landing gear so the landing was interesting. Went to pull out my battery to fly another pack but noticed my AR6200 and the satellite were both blinking. Does this mean I had a power outage or something?? Everything is stock except I added the ar6200.
jeb6684 is offline Find More Posts by jeb6684
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Fleet on 7/22/2013
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:07 PM
mmm... wings....
Joined May 2004
334 Posts
Trying to troubleshoot my vibration problem. I pulled the shaft from my motor. Is there a way to easily see if it is straight? It looks straight.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
1,814 Posts
Quote:
Trying to troubleshoot my vibration problem. I pulled the shaft from my motor. Is there a way to easily see if it is straight? It looks straight.
Roll the shaft on top of a crystal table. or anything you are sure is a straight surface.

With the shaft mounted you can use a sharpie run the motor and slowly touch the tip of the shaft with the sharpie if is traight you should see a complete line around the shaft if is bent you wil see only a partial line
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:14 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Joined Jul 2010
177 Posts
I got a replacement part for the nose wheel steering. I saw it is a bear to put in. Any advice / vids?
rcflyer40plus1 is offline Find More Posts by rcflyer40plus1
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:14 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
First, make sure your prop is balanced. I once had a vibration on a power 25, and after I pulled the shaft, and replaced it, the old shaft appeared straight using a mirror. Ultimately, I think the problem was the spinner I was using.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
I flew four batteries on my T-28 today...using a bigfoot 10, 11x7 prop, I was getting 6 minutes on 1 year old 2200 mah 3S e-flite batteries. The plane is so fast it whistles when it goes by, and the tape that covers the aileron servo wire channels is coming loose...going to have to use some of that super strong cross hatch 3M packing tape.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:46 PM
mmm... wings....
Joined May 2004
334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6145k View Post
First, make sure your prop is balanced. I once had a vibration on a power 25, and after I pulled the shaft, and replaced it, the old shaft appeared straight using a mirror. Ultimately, I think the problem was the spinner I was using.
Looking at my prop adapter I can see its pretty chewed up. Will that cause vibration?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined Nov 2011
8,046 Posts
It could, only you can tell with experimentation.

What motor you running? I'd recommend upgrading to a 40 amp ESC and a bigfoot 10, with a 10x7 prop. I've heard people have done 4S and 10x10, but I don't believe it...would probably rip the wings off. But with the bigfoot 10 and a 10x7, you get long flight times on 2200 3S, and the motor and ESC comes down cool. With an 11x7, flying high speed, I'm getting 6 minutes...could get 10-12 minutes flying half throttle with a 10x7. It's a great upgrade.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:57 PM
mmm... wings....
Joined May 2004
334 Posts
I am running stock motor with an eflite 30a esc and the stock prop. I get 10 minute flights. The motor and esc are both cool.
I have had the plane for years but only recently started flying it. I think I may have 12-14 flights on her so far.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 06:38 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb6684 View Post
Maidened my T-28 tonight and flew excellent right out of the box. This is my first tricycle landing gear Went to pull out my battery to fly another pack but noticed my AR6200 and the satellite were both blinking. Does this mean I had a power outage or something??
Jeb,

Yes, a blinking light means that communications was lost somewhere? Did you have a solid light to start with? Your turning on your TX first before plugging in the battery? After that you get solid a light? What connectors you using?

Quote:
Put in a level surface like a granite countertop or any level surface, roll it and look at the contact to that flat surface. If it's straight you will see no light under it as it rolls. If it is bent you will see light under it at the ends as it rolls.

Ron
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:28 AM
Need More "Roon" 4 planes
United States, TX, Sadler
Joined Dec 2007
394 Posts
Air Force decal set examples

Hey Gang,
After a few years off (new house, new career, coming back around to old hobbies, yada yada yada) I'm pulling my T-28 out of storage and getting ready to start flying again.

I had to order a new stabilizer that was broken while in storage but I accidentally ordered the Air Force decal kit from RedRocket, does anyone have pics of a plane with that sticker package? I have't found any while perusing this thread. I hope it works with the Yellow paint scheme I applied to my plane before pausing...
Roon is online now Find More Posts by Roon