HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
i've been using 850 and 1300mah 4s batteries lately. much more power when you need it especially for thrust, vertical, etc. 1300 fit much better though. 850 are a bit loose and you need to secure them well.

those dubro are a little tight at first but wear in fine.
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
544 Posts
Try PZ P47 wheels. Same width as stock but 2.5.
Bugbitten is offline Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old May 02, 2012, 09:24 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syner01 View Post
This one is somewhat similar also for balsa. Very simple build also. Actually not much to build at all. Just like t28
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000HV...dir_mdp_mobile

I had 2 of these.nice flyers. ..cheap HK servos, motor, esc. Trick is to use nylon blots for gear, they break before the balsa. Doing it again I would go for a 3D Hobby Shop 42" Slick or the more durable 3DHS 40" Edge. I would have gotten to where I am now a lot sooner. Less sport, more aerobatic/3D.

My last flght before I boxed it up and shipped it to a guy. I also had a few bigger 50" Pulse XT. Another good flyer.

E-flight Mini Pulse Xt (4 min 51 sec)
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old May 02, 2012, 01:03 PM
United States, NJ, Lodi
Joined Jan 2012
968 Posts
yea for 3d this is a good thread. i was mentioning the mini pulse as more like step up from t28 but similar.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1636837
Syner01 is offline Find More Posts by Syner01
Old May 02, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
exactly what I did. MPXT after the T-28.

I mentioned the Edge and Slick because they make very good sport planes to. But also have the ability to go further....if one chooses to. The Edge with it's $99 price(now $109) and wire gear have only been out for a couple years.
Old May 02, 2012, 03:38 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
sorry about that post _ I was in error and should not be posting in this area with items for sale-

Diane
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
Last edited by Diane@lazertoyz; May 03, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: marked sold items
Old May 02, 2012, 05:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helibard View Post
Does the 3 blade prop decrease performance? Also if I get some after market wheels what size should I get? I'm going to the Hobby Shop today to get the plane and its quite a long drive from where I live and I would like to get the prop and treaded tires to dress it up a bit while I'm there.
I have plenty of the Turnegy 2200 batts and I understand that I may have to make some mods to make this size batt. fit, is this correct? Thanks.
I have experimented with lots of Propellers and the best that I keep putting on all my STOCK F4U and T-28, T-28D "is" the Master Airscrew 3-Blade, 10 X 7 X 3 propeller. Yes, it is classified as a glow propeller but, the inner hub fits nicely on the Stock T-28 Prop Adapter and F4U adapter. A few who have purchased this propeller have told me that they had to ream out the propeller some but, I don't understand this since I have slip all that I have purchased directly on the Stock Prop adapters.

Okay, using 25C discharge Turnigy 3-Cell, 2200mAH, Li-POLYs or similar, your effective airspeed will be very good and thrust is good as well. The Master Airscrew is very robust, much more so than the Park Zone 3-Blade in my opinion.

Assuming you do have the T-28 with the STOCK power system, try out the 3-Blade 10 X 7 X 3 from Master Airscrew and make sure you use 25C discharge as a minimum in the 3-Cell, 2200mAH cells and you will see a significant performance increase, both in airspeed and thrust. I can command my T-28's to maintain continuous Knife Edge all around the field.

Good luck!
Carlos

BTW: A few pictures of my T-28D with the MAS 3-Blade:

Park Zone T-28 mini hidden camera 11-28-09.wmv (8 min 30 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E-Flite "Dallas Doll" P-51D...
Old May 02, 2012, 08:08 PM
Balsa is for doll houses
Texas, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2004
1,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Assuming you do have the T-28 with the STOCK power system, try out the 3-Blade 10 X 7 X 3 from Master Airscrew and make sure you use 25C discharge as a minimum in the 3-Cell, 2200mAH cells and you will see a significant performance increase, both in airspeed and thrust. I can command my T-28's to maintain continuous Knife Edge all around the field.
I'm going to try the 3 blade ,, thanks
T-28 GOPRO2 BAMS (1 min 38 sec)
Skrogg is offline Find More Posts by Skrogg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Babymetal!
Old May 03, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
This forum is huge! I need to replace the motor on my t28 (after a mis-calculated splash down with the floats on)
Wouldnt mind some more power on this bird.
I mostly fly 3s 2200 30c batts. Can we discuss motor options (I guess an esc replacement as well)
geewow is offline Find More Posts by geewow
Old May 03, 2012, 08:34 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,381 Posts
G10 is an ecenomical more powerfull option. 480 pro from heads up also but i think you need moynt with.
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old May 03, 2012, 08:41 AM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
Just a though but if your electronics are just wet. Put them in a bowl of uncooked rice for a few days. Then power them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewow View Post
This forum is huge! I need to replace the motor on my t28 (after a mis-calculated splash down with the floats on)
I mostly fly 3s 2200 30c batts. Can we discuss motor options (I guess an esc replacement as well)
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old May 03, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geewow View Post
Did you let the motor dry out real good before trying it? Motor under water usually not a deadly thing if you let it dry. I have a little turnigy 35-30 on my mus that's been underwater 3 times. It's still on the plane, only motor thats been on the plane. ESC's not so lucky.
Old May 03, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
148 Posts
What I did after I recovered it with my kayak was, dry it off (salt water...) with a towel, held it upside down ran the motor through various throttle positions then flew again right away
Before long the motor started making a loud noise and stopped spinning in flight. I lowered and cranked the throttle and it came back just it ime to give me a smooth landing. Bought it in the house and hung it upside down. Got up this morning and although the motor runs it make a whining sound and it seems there is some resistance.
When I get home I plan on taking it apart.
Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
geewow is offline Find More Posts by geewow
Old May 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
You have corrosion build up most likely. Salt motor in particular does not work well with electronics.

This will sound odd but run cold tap water thru it before putting it in a bowl of rice. But I suspect the damage is done.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old May 03, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Nov 2008
8,162 Posts
Well next time I would probably end the flying day if it went into the water. If salt rinse it with fresh, then dry it inside and out, overnight. Maybe some WD 40, etc. On mine 2 were in fresh water(2-3 minute dunks), one in brackish for about 30 minutes. Prolly a 50/50 if it can be saved.