HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:23 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
hey guys i am looking into anothe pz wardbird. something easy to see because my bad vision. i am looking into the p47 what you think from this one. any of you have it and can tell a feedback. i want a relaxing flyer like my t28 but a litlle more capable maybe. the p47 have bad charasteristic at low speed? i am also looking at the corsair but the blue color seems like a little hard to see like the dark gray of the t-28,. any input please !! thanks
Hi,
I fly also the P47. currently it is still in stock colours and it is very demanding on the eyes. in order not to loose orientation you need to pay full attention and kep it close. (One day I may repaint it).

It is a heavier plane than the T28, and flies (comparing stock T28 and Stock P47) considerably faster. you can add flaps and retractables.
the flaps will allow you to bring it in slower for landings. (I put on retractables but have not bothered with flaps, I'm used to bringing in glow planes which fly faster than foamies)

also keep in mind that it's a tail-dragger, with all the good and bad habits they have.

I used bright yellow and dayglo orange self-adhesive vynil to enhance visiblility of my T28. (I'll upload some photos later today)

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Brgds,
Danny

PS, follow this link to the P47 forum, lots of ideas and information there http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...25884&page=712
Danny_l is offline Find More Posts by Danny_l
Last edited by Danny_l; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:21 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ
Short of having to read this entire 2-part thread, what are the essential mods to do on PZ T-28 before the maiden?
Hi, I agree with Milehigh, no mods needed at all. In fact, my T28 is flew stock until I replaced the motor with a Park 480 and I loved it (The stock motor was damaged due to flying the plane into the black hole in the sky, AKA the sun. Otherwise it would still be flying stock) .

Personally, when I want a really fast plane I fly my glow planes. The PZ planes are good as they come out of the box.

Obviously this is a personal choice, but you can decide as you get more familiar with the T28. To begin with, just put it together, check everything and go have fun.

I'm assuming you can fly. if you do not have any flying experience, get a friend or an instructor in a club to help you.

just check the usual stuff:
proper assembly. (wing is secure, horizontal stab is 90 deg to the fuse and taped etc)
control surfaces neutral when trims are neutralized (TX on and battery connected in plane)
Control surfaces move in the correct direction.
CG- either neutral or VERY SLIGHTLY forward. (Neutral is best.)

Please remember to check the CG with the battery installed.

Have fun,

Danny
Last edited by Danny_l; Mar 29, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Just had to take off my 10x8 props from hobbyking. They just are noisy and vibrate quite bad. Had a few flights with them but untill now i did not realize how bad the vibration was. I am happy nothing gave.
Put on a apc 10x7 for now, runs smooth as silk again.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:13 AM
Norway, Akershus, Frogner
Joined Jun 2010
920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Short of having to read this entire 2-part thread, what are the essential mods to do on PZ T-28 before the maiden?
There are no essencial mods to do before a maiden. Just do a normal, preflight check and go fly her.
I flew mine bone stock for over a year, after that i put in a larger ESC and a Power 15. Even with that power no adittional mods where needed, even though she was abused badly with some hard landings and high G turns she just holds up fine.

Just fly her.
Coenraad is offline Find More Posts by Coenraad
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:16 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
Coenrad, check the 10x8 props for balance

Quote:
Just had to take off my 10x8 props from hobbyking. They just are noisy and vibrate quite bad. Had a few flights with them but untill now i did not realize how bad the vibration was. I am happy nothing gave.
Hi Coenrad,
It sounds as if your 10x8 props are not balanced (it happens sometimes with new props), you can check them and re-balance if required.

If you find that the problem was indeed balance you can try them on again.

Brgds,

Danny
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:31 AM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenraad View Post
Interesting - I had done some in-flight from my T-28 before I upgraded it, and it was unwatchable. Lots of vibration, and also what attributed to be a lot of electrical interference (wavy picture). After I upgraded the motor, I tried it again a couple of days ago, and MOST of the waviness is gone, and the vibration was gone too. I didnt consider prop balance - and I bet that was a significant part of it. Guess Im going to have to break down and buy a prop balancer, or better yet see if I can build something.

Latest version (similar to what I posted a couple of days ago, but taken with better light and trying to fly a little smoother) is on my blog page.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Oct 2011
414 Posts
hi JC,
I've also experienced some of this wavy-picture interference and am trying to resolve it.
where do you mount the camera? (Mine is mounted on a servo, just over the rear part of the cockpit)

Thanks,
Danny
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:28 AM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
I reduced the wave image by using and HD sd card. Now the wave are only at slow speed. But quality overall improve. I mount my camera just infront the colpit

Carolina RC Club aero video parkzone t-28 trojan (5 min 4 sec)
DaxFX is offline Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mile High Pilot
USA, CO, Longmont
Joined Jun 2010
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_l View Post
hi JC,
I've also experienced some of this wavy-picture interference and am trying to resolve it.
where do you mount the camera? (Mine is mounted on a servo, just over the rear part of the cockpit)

Thanks,
Danny
I have an old canopy that I pulled the "glass" off of, and mounted it on the top of the seatback. Its very solid - and not terribly subject to wind buffeting

I had seen your picture earlier - Im fascinated by that. It has a couple of key advantages IMHO - first - the higher point of view (getting over the prop - especially now that Im swinging an 10" prop. The servo idea is really cool too!

I need one of the new keychain cams... mine is an old (year and a half)? I think its a V3, and the picture quality is not near as good as some of the newer ones.

I would love to mount a gopro up there, but alas, I dont have one...

I really suspect that the waves are a problem from electrical interference... the Power-10 motor seems to have really helped mine. Too bad I deleted the old BAD video - it would have been an interesting watch to compare to how it looks now.

jc
milehighjc is offline Find More Posts by milehighjc
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
I reduced the wave image by using and HD sd card. Now the wave are only at slow speed. But quality overall improve. I mount my camera just infront the colpit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDaff...e_gdata_player
Yours looks fairly normal. I noticed you have the camera adjusted where only a small part of the prop is in the frame. It's the type of image pick up that causes the lines...I think the two are cmos and ccd. There was/is a long running thread on the key chain cams somewhere.

I usually mount mine mid way out on the bottom of the wing, on a small wooden wedge to point it a little more at the ground. No prop to deal with.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
hey guys i am looking into anothe pz wardbird. something easy to see because my bad vision. i am looking into the p47 what you think from this one. any of you have it and can tell a feedback. i want a relaxing flyer like my t28 but a litlle more capable maybe. the p47 have bad charasteristic at low speed? i am also looking at the corsair but the blue color seems like a little hard to see like the dark gray of the t-28,. any input please !! thanks
You might look at some non-pz 1400mm models. Much easier to see and same $$.
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugbitten View Post
You might look at some non-pz 1400mm models. Much easier to see and same $$.
i was with the fms corsair last year and to be honest i prefer the PZ brand over those. spare parts are almost every time backorder and not as good quality as PZ. just my personal feeling.

hobbyking have durafly, nitroplanes have airfield, pw-rc have fms and so on but all are the same. and for the same price advantagehobby supply my planes with free shipping always i can find threads review parts mods almost in every single website. the only last that could happen is find replacement at walmart or walgreens.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:14 PM
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Yours looks fairly normal. I noticed you have the camera adjusted where only a small part of the prop is in the frame. It's the type of image pick up that causes the lines...I think the two are cmos and ccd. There was/is a long running thread on the key chain cams somewhere.

I usually mount mine mid way out on the bottom of the wing, on a small wooden wedge to point it a little more at the ground. No prop to deal with.
i am using a turnigy
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ory_card_.html
it came with lots of accesories and like 3 diferent mounts. i am using one that stand up vertically that helps go over the prop. i will shoot some photo as soon i get home to show you. for the price i will recomended this one for anyone that just whant some fun. i buy it when was at 7 dollars. like a year and half ago
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:57 PM
Pro Builder
United States, FL, Englewood
Joined Feb 2012
217 Posts
I Just Tried to Balance my T28 with a 2200 MAH pack and HOLY CRAP! it took a whole handfull of change on the Tail to get it to Balance out... Any one have any idea?
tim.arf is offline Find More Posts by tim.arf
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, CA, Elk Grove
Joined Dec 2011
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.arf View Post
I Just Tried to Balance my T28 with a 2200 MAH pack and HOLY CRAP! it took a whole handfull of change on the Tail to get it to Balance out... Any one have any idea?
Is your T-28 stock?
Alpha_Geist is offline Find More Posts by Alpha_Geist