Latest blog entry: How real is Realflight
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumthumbsFRANKIE View Post
VeryVery nice T28!!!!!! Man i love these planes...my favorite by far...even out of my EDF's
I don't know of too many planes in this era that are as popular. And with good reasons. Even the competition has come out with their own T28's. Parkzone's flagship plane is the T-28 Trojan. My favorite all-around plane.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:27 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
I don't know of too many planes in this era that are as popular. And with good reasons. Even the competition has come out with their own T28's. Parkzone's flagship plane is the T-28 Trojan. My favorite all-around plane.
The P-47 is a better plane. If the T-28 was $30 cheaper it might make it a better deal, but for $10 I'll take the Jug any day. I have both.
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
1.75 inch
I thought they would be larger diameter than the stock wheels. Stock wheels are a bit over 1.75". On my extra I am using me 109 wheels - they are 3". I have 3" dubro light spoke wheels on my T28, but am thinking about changing to the messerschmidt wheels for it also, they work so good on the extra. The little thin dubro's get wobbly pretty quickly.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
The P-47 is a better plane. If the T-28 was $30 cheaper it might make it a better deal, but for $10 I'll take the Jug any day. I have both.
That's not the vote around our part of the country. Those that got the P-47 have tried about everything (at least the ones that didn't tip stall it and tear it up bad) and now you don't see the P-47 around much, but everybody still has and flies their T-28's. They maybe don't excell at anything, but are just great forgiving planes with hardly any bad habits.
bobly is online now Find More Posts by bobly
Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:40 PM
Play tetris with my english
Puerto Rico, San Juan
Joined May 2008
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
I thought they would be larger diameter than the stock wheels. Stock wheels are a bit over 1.75". On my extra I am using me 109 wheels - they are 3". I have 3" dubro light spoke wheels on my T28, but am thinking about changing to the messerschmidt wheels for it also, they work so good on the extra. The little thin dubro's get wobbly pretty quickly.
Let me know Which way you go. I still waiting mine but I think I will need bigger wheel for the grass
DaxFX is online now Find More Posts by DaxFX
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:12 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
That's not the vote around our part of the country. Those that got the P-47 have tried about everything (at least the ones that didn't tip stall it and tear it up bad) and now you don't see the P-47 around much, but everybody still has and flies their T-28's. They maybe don't excell at anything, but are just great forgiving planes with hardly any bad habits.
+1. And don't forget the 28 tri-cycle landing gear.;
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:20 PM
United States, VA, Purcellville
Joined Aug 2011
849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenS999 View Post
Thanks. What is their diameter?
I measured the P-47 wheel I put on my son's Super Cub and I'm pretty sure it was about 2.5" It's also the same width as the stock wheel. The Spitfire (Mk IX) wheel is a bit narrower but still works on the T-28.

Here is a pic from an earlier post.
ATC Chilli is offline Find More Posts by ATC Chilli
Last edited by ATC Chilli; Nov 14, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:46 PM
Flying from Vic Park
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
2,446 Posts
Reinforcing the nose wheel on the T-28.

Below is a picture of where I place a piece of Ply 3mm thick 20mmx30mm I glue it in with 5 minute epoxy. It stops the fire wall cracking and takes the strain off the steering mechanism.
Great_Goose is offline Find More Posts by Great_Goose
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:37 PM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Goose View Post
Below is a picture of where I place a piece of Ply 3mm thick 20mmx30mm I glue it in with 5 minute epoxy. It stops the fire wall cracking and takes the strain off the steering mechanism.
I dug up a couple posts on how I did mine, btw notice the date, that mount is still holding up!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7250

Second one oh some motor mounts I made way back when.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5309
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2011
55 Posts
t28d or t28??

ok so i am trying to figure out which one to get now that i know for sure i want one... is there any advantages to the new army grey version over the white navy one?

i think that either one i get i want to paint as both of em look too similar on the top and bottom and i dont want to lose orientaion..

thanks
jonasstodart is offline Find More Posts by jonasstodart
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:51 AM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasstodart View Post
ok so i am trying to figure out which one to get now that i know for sure i want one... is there any advantages to the new army grey version over the white navy one?

i think that either one i get i want to paint as both of em look too similar on the top and bottom and i dont want to lose orientaion..

thanks
I've had both the grey and the white. The grey finish is harder to see when it's overcast. What type of paint are you using for this type of foam?
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:56 AM
United States, KY, Madisonville
Joined Mar 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATC Chilli View Post
I measured the P-47 wheel I put on my son's Super Cub and I'm pretty sure it was about 2.5" It's also the same width as the stock wheel. The Spitfire (Mk IX) wheel is a bit narrower but still works on the T-28.

Here is a pic from an earlier post.
Is this the wheel? No dimensions given.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview
Bugbitten is online now Find More Posts by Bugbitten
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: launch elevator