Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
nice pics

whats the thunderbolt like

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
aaaahh... life is good when ya can get out and fly a few

I spent the day out flyin' a few lipos inbewteen the squalls we were having today.... weird, no wind to speak of but LOTS of rain off & on... when I wasn't flyin' I worked on a couple other birds in the hangar... rebuilt my Corsair cuz last weekend I made 'wing tacos' . The 2 year old main wing has been ripped in half at least 2x and a number of other times it's been roughed up pretty good, so I figured the ol gal deserved better, so I bought her a new wing.... hopefuly tomorrow I'll take her out for a spin with the T28 & T-Bolt

I kinda' pimped out my T28 a little too...painted some silver on the face of the cowl, painted a tad of silver in the exhaust area, added a 2nd pilot, a 'student' ... and tried out a new prop, 10x7 MAS... and I painted them tips ruby red heheh

-M

Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:14 AM
Joined Jan 2011
120 Posts
Is it wise to put a 3 prop on a stock T-28??
40rty is offline Find More Posts by 40rty
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:14 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,219 Posts
thanks, this iPhone can take a decent pic every once in awhile...

well, I guess it all comes down to preference, but... between the T28 & Corsair which fly grrrreat, the T-Bolt is pretty dang awesome. I think it's almost (maybe is) as stable and easy to fly as the T28, but maybe that's "the newness talking"

I have the E-flite e-tracts and flaps on her and that makes it a real blaaast.... no disappoints with the P47

-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
nice pics

whats the thunderbolt like
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Jan 30, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:15 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,219 Posts
that's a Turnigy SK 3536 1400kv under the hood.. kinda like havin' a little turbo on demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40rty View Post
Is it wise to put a 3 prop on a stock T-28??
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:26 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
T-Bolt looks like a great plane not heard a bad word about it. love the Retracts and Flap options that can be added form stock with no modding. will it beat the T-28 from the No1 spot though !
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:30 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
I just love the P-47 for its sheer awesomeness in war history

I would definitely mod it to have unlimited vertical and want to climb like the real thing and leave the rest in its wake.

Plus lights, retracts, flaps.

oh yeah

creaming my pants lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS... View Post
T-Bolt looks like a great plane not heard a bad word about it. love the Retracts and Flap options that can be added form stock with no modding. will it beat the T-28 from the No1 spot though !
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:35 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
I just love the P-47 for its sheer awesomeness in war history

I would definitely mod it to have unlimited vertical and want to climb like the real thing and leave the rest in its wake.

Plus lights, retracts, flaps.

oh yeah

creaming my pants lol
Unlimited vert is no problem with the p-47, put a 12x6 apc on and run a 4s and you have it. Thats running stock esc and motor.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:38 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
wow

really

impressive

okay - i want one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Unlimited vert is no problem with the p-47, put a 12x6 apc on and run a 4s and you have it. Thats running stock esc and motor.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:42 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
This t-28 will be faster, and flaps and retracts coming.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:44 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
This isn't my first practice run with the t-28 though. Have a few more tricks up my sleeve.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 01:49 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,167 Posts
cool

which motor
Old Jan 30, 2011, 02:06 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,029 Posts
Power 25. I want to do some shaving on the plane to thin it out abit and change the wing loading also. This won't be an over night project but going to start on it next weekend.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:42 AM
Captain Coolite
Meringandan, QLD , Australia
Joined Jan 2011
2,841 Posts
Australian PZ T 28s

G'day guys,
I did my first flight with my T 28 in September, the weekend of my 44th birthday. My older brother had been trying to get me to fly since we were teenagers. He convinced me to get the G5 sim, which I flew heaps before I actually flew. My brother watched me do the take off, then talked me through some circuits and approaches, then off one approach he said , "OK, land it", and I greased her on. It was the greatest feeling. He flew my T 28 heaps, until I bought him one as well. He has about 30 model planes, and I now have about 16. The favourite is definately the T 28. We have flown our models together and ALWAYS have a great time flying together. The pic was taken at my local park after we had flown our T 28s together. Life is good. Thanks Park Zone.
Rob Knox is offline Find More Posts by Rob Knox
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:21 AM
Joined Jan 2011
10 Posts
Just ordered my t-28 and it is on the way. Was just wondering if anyone has used the telemetry system that comes with the dx8? I am hoping it will all fit in there and not have to wonder when the battery is getting low. If anyone has any ideas on this some input would be greatly appreciated. I also purchased 2, 2500 30 C eflite batteries. I am hoping they fit in there also.

I have been flying helis as an amateur for about 2 years now. Mainly the blade mSR and SR. Have a trex 450 and can hover it and fly around some. Nothing special but i love flying them.

Anyways just picked up the UM t-28 and i love it and instantly had to have the PNP of it. Have a feeling that i might enjoy fixed wing flying a lot!

So if anyone has any info if i will be able to use the telemetry with my dx8 that would be great.
roughneck84 is offline Find More Posts by roughneck84
Old Jan 30, 2011, 10:13 AM
Check your six
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2002
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
aaaahh... life is good when ya can get out and fly a few

I spent the day out flyin' a few lipos inbewteen the squalls we were having today.... weird, no wind to speak of but LOTS of rain off & on... when I wasn't flyin' I worked on a couple other birds in the hangar... rebuilt my Corsair cuz last weekend I made 'wing tacos' . The 2 year old main wing has been ripped in half at least 2x and a number of other times it's been roughed up pretty good, so I figured the ol gal deserved better, so I bought her a new wing.... hopefuly tomorrow I'll take her out for a spin with the T28 & T-Bolt

I kinda' pimped out my T28 a little too...painted some silver on the face of the cowl, painted a tad of silver in the exhaust area, added a 2nd pilot, a 'student' ... and tried out a new prop, 10x7 MAS... and I painted them tips ruby red heheh

-M

Very sweet Huff! Anyday you can sneak a few flights in is gold. Our field is still under frozen snow and ice! Marty
martys is offline Find More Posts by martys