HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:26 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
I know Im preachin to the choir, but nobody else is here on a holiday
Rob and Prof have been on here beatin this same horse with myself and a few others for over a year now. T28 and the corsair. What ever happened to Papabatman? Good to see you fellers still kickin, Happy holidays bro's!!!

PS I remember that vid Bill
That motor is a workshorse. I just put one in Funcub with guess what? An 11x7 prop. Now I tend to run a 50 amp or 60 amp ESC just for safety sake since the latest batteries can deliver a lot more current.

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:30 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
That motor is a workshorse. I just put one in Funcub with guess what? An 11x7 prop. Now I tend to run a 50 amp or 60 amp ESC just for safety sake since the latest batteries can deliver a lot more current.

Bill
Bigger esc is not a bad idea. Awesome looking lil bush flier there. Love those huge tires.
Kinds sux that HK raised the prices on the motors and esc's after we put the word out and that setup got popular. Keep waiting for my royalty checks but never seem to come.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:38 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,566 Posts
Quote:
Bigger esc is not a bad idea. Awesome looking lil bush flier there. Love those huge tires.
I think a 50 amp would be sufficent but ESCs tend to come in 40 amp then 60 amp. The Funcub is running a 60 amp Hobbywing.

The Funcub is another great offering by Multiplex. The German engineering is apparent when you build it albeit the instructions have some holes in them. I have only been able to fly it one time since I built it. It's a very fun plane.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:44 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
I think a 50 amp would be sufficent but ESCs tend to come in 40 amp then 60 amp. The Funcub is running a 60 amp Hobbywing.

The Funcub is another great offering by Multiplex. The German engineering is apparent when you build it albeit the instructions have some holes in them. I have only been able to fly it one time since I built it. It's a very fun plane.

Bill
I have a soft spot for Multiplex myself, stemming from my first bird years ago being the easy star. They do make a decent flying kit. I still have an EZ and a couple Twinstars. Nothing stock of course. The one Twinstar has twin Himax 2815-2000 motors on it. And for a big heavy plane it moves right along and quite aerobatic for a foamie trainer
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:53 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,566 Posts
Quote:
I have a soft spot for Multiplex myself, stemming from my first bird years ago being the easy star. They do make a decent flying kit. I still have an EZ and a couple Twinstars. Nothing stock of course. The one Twinstar has twin Himax 2815-2000 motors on it. And for a big heavy plane it moves right along and quite aerobatic for a foamie trainer
The Easy Star has created a cottage industry of clones. I have one NIB I want to build for FPV.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:09 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,043 Posts
Quote:

Bill
Saw that Funcub at the I Hobby show, it was a little bigger than I though it would be. Looked like a really cool plane, didn't realize that the large wheels were foam, wondering how they would holdup on pavement landings?
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:12 AM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to buy the T28 RTF kit for my second plane after my multiplex easy star. Anyone have any suggestions on where the best place to buy it would be?

Thanks!
firehawk95 is offline Find More Posts by firehawk95
Old Nov 26, 2010, 02:57 PM
Defender of the Aerobird!
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Dec 2002
394 Posts
Local shop if you can. Every place sells them for within $10 of MSRP, so if you can skip the shipping by going local, thats the way to get it the cheapest.

Most LHS's will have T-28's, they're a very common plane.
Mattydiah is online now Find More Posts by Mattydiah
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
498 Posts
I concur, support your local economy and buy from your local hobby shop if you have one within driving distance. If not you may be able to find some deals on Ebay or shop for the the lowest shipping among the on-line vendors.
Scottmac737 is offline Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:07 PM
United States, MI, Bloomingdale
Joined Mar 2010
143 Posts
Im thinking about buying the Parkzone t28d trojan for my second plane. Currently I have a Hobbyzone Super Cub, converted to my dx6i. I was wondering if the t28 has any known issues or bad habits? Ive been doing research and it looks like a great flyer. Thanks.
r/c basher is offline Find More Posts by r/c basher
Old Nov 27, 2010, 02:19 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c basher View Post
Im thinking about buying the Parkzone t28d trojan for my second plane. Currently I have a Hobbyzone Super Cub, converted to my dx6i. I was wondering if the t28 has any known issues or bad habits? Ive been doing research and it looks like a great flyer. Thanks.
Its a great 2nd plane. You'll love it but stock its not the greatest performer but for a 2nd plane you will be very satisfied and when the time comes you can do some upgrades, motor etc.

Some people have complained about the AR500 that comes in them but so far I been good with it.
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:21 PM
Wannabe Flyer
United States, IL, Decatur
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/c basher View Post

thats wat i'm doing as well-the trojan was the first plane i ever flew(my instructors)and the my supercub was boring i can't wait to fly but it seems that whenever i have a working plane its to windy so here i sit
MUSTANGP51LOVE is offline Find More Posts by MUSTANGP51LOVE
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:41 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2009
47 Posts
Hey There just chiming in. on the T-28 Note Its a low wing plane and not a high wing plane like the SuperCub so it will want to fall out of the sky faster then the Cub!! I'm still learming to fly mine!! But from watching it fly it handles great!!
RCGIJOE09 is offline Find More Posts by RCGIJOE09
Old Nov 27, 2010, 03:53 PM
Wannabe Flyer
United States, IL, Decatur
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
yea i know the first plane i ever flew...man it makes me want to cry
MUSTANGP51LOVE is offline Find More Posts by MUSTANGP51LOVE
Old Nov 27, 2010, 04:17 PM
Defender of the Aerobird!
Milwaukee, WI
Joined Dec 2002
394 Posts
So whats the best solution for when the battery compartment starts to loosen up? My batteries are sliding in and out with no friction. Or does the foam that sticks down below the canopy hold it in place when the canopies down?
Mattydiah is online now Find More Posts by Mattydiah