HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:50 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I haven't had the need for speed on my T-28 for a while but I had it out doing some AP after some hunting. I put in a rhino 2350 4s since I had a smallish 10x6e prop on it. The motor is a turnigy 35-36c. Only a short flight but I got into it a few times. Speed was decent, didn't reall check the vertical. On 3s with the same plane and this prop it wasn't that great. But once on the ground the motor was cool and the battery wasn't even phased. It does run more effiecient on 4s I think if you don't smoke it. I have not checked it on a watts up. Darn thing sounded like a stryker!!

Rob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujFTyirfqmI
I keep tellin you guys, the sweet spot on the 3536c 1100 is the apc 11x7e if you want vertical. Gives you 39 amps so make sure you upgrade the esc. Should only run 3 cell on this motor or yes, you may let the magic smoke out. Its not the fastest but for a $30 setup what do you want.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
Registered User
Toppers's Avatar
Canada, ON, Oakville
Joined May 2008
1,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonflyer View Post
There is a lot of info in this thread, almost too much. Kinda hard to find.
Check out the index on the first page of this thread... practically everythings been done and documented somewhere and that is an index to it.


Toppers
Toppers is offline Find More Posts by Toppers
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:29 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
I checked the first page index and have done many seraches. I know it can be a pain for a thread to be asked the same questions over and over. To be honest though at over 1000 pages it is kind of hard for someone starting out to find the info they are looking for. I was just hoping that someone with more experience could help me get going.
hudsonflyer is offline Find More Posts by hudsonflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:31 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonflyer View Post
I checked the first page index and have done many seraches. I know it can be a pain for a thread to be asked the same questions over and over. To be honest though at over 1000 pages it is kind of hard for someone starting out to find the info they are looking for. I was just hoping that someone with more experience could help me get going.
I hear ya hudson, whatcha need bro?
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:33 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Bigger wheels help on the grass yes.
The deflections arent that much to begin with to worry about. Have you flown with ailerons before? If youre worried about it being too much, just go middle holes on arms and middle on the horns. Very controllable with any experience at all.
Dubro steering mod you dont have to concern yourself with until you break the stock one.
Not quite sure what kind of firewall mod youre looking for,
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 08:48 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Fixxin- Much appreciated!! Are Dubro 2 3/4'" foam wheels even appropriate for this model?

I have never flow with Ailerons before. Just played around with a superfly and easystar. I know it may be a jump but I do have heli experience so I am ok with orientations

I did some more searches and I actually jumped to the early posts of the search and found a lot more basic information that I was looking for. It seems when I looked at the newer posts a lot of the info was beyond me.

Thank you once again. I'm going to continue to dig deeper in this thread. I do think it is really great that this thread is over a 1000 pages. This must be a great model. I can't wait to get mine!!
hudsonflyer is offline Find More Posts by hudsonflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 09:00 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsonflyer View Post
Fixxin- Much appreciated!! Are Dubro 2 3/4'" foam wheels even appropriate for this model?

I have never flow with Ailerons before. Just played around with a superfly and easystar. I know it may be a jump but I do have heli experience so I am ok with orientations

I did some more searches and I actually jumped to the early posts of the search and found a lot more basic information that I was looking for. It seems when I looked at the newer posts a lot of the info was beyond me.

Thank you once again. I'm going to continue to dig deeper in this thread. I do think it is really great that this thread is over a 1000 pages. This must be a great model. I can't wait to get mine!!
Cant remember but I think I have 2-1/4", maybe 2-1/2" on mine. 3/4 sounds kinda big. They really arent the best in deep grass no matter how big you go. If youve never flown with ailerons you can set the throws low by hooking the aileron control wires in the hole closest to the gear on the servo and on the other end (control surface) all the way out in the hole furthest from the surface itself. It will be very tame for ya. Just remember when turning the trojan it will not "right itself" like your EZ* will with the dihedral in the wing. When you bank the trojan, its going to stay banked until you bank it back. So when turning, bank left.....pull up on the elevator to pull you around the corner......then bank back right to level. Very simple as long as you dont continue to bank left until upside down. Just get it up high and experiment a bit and, if you can, get some help from an experienced pilot.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Last edited by FIXXIN2FLY; Nov 25, 2010 at 09:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:42 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
58 Posts
Great advice. Really appreciate it.
hudsonflyer is offline Find More Posts by hudsonflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:01 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
I keep tellin you guys, the sweet spot on the 3536c 1100 is the apc 11x7e if you want vertical. Gives you 39 amps so make sure you upgrade the esc. Should only run 3 cell on this motor or yes, you may let the magic smoke out. Its not the fastest but for a $30 setup what do you want.
Your preaching to the choir!! 11x7 is great but I actually liked a 12x7 sport with no gear for months, all on 3s. Gear back on my two remaining T-28;s. This is the first time I've run this morotor 4s. With an 11x7 it may not have lasted to long. Heck this motor has been on this plane for over a year, I wanted to keep it there!!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:02 PM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
I keep tellin you guys, the sweet spot on the 3536c 1100 is the apc 11x7e if you want vertical. Gives you 39 amps so make sure you upgrade the esc. Should only run 3 cell on this motor or yes, you may let the magic smoke out. Its not the fastest but for a $30 setup what do you want.
FIXXINFLY2,

I think robj knows this motor as well as anybody so you are really preaching to the converted. He's just playing with 4S for fun.

And yes, the 11x7 APCE does seem to be the sweet spot for this motor. Here is video I made of mine carrying a 5 ounce video camera back in June 2008. The plane was powered by a 3S 18C 2200.
T28 Trojan RC plane with Turnigy 35-36c and 11x7 prop (3 min 25 sec)

Bill
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:18 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
I know Im preachin to the choir, but nobody else is here on a holiday
Rob and Prof have been on here beatin this same horse with myself and a few others for over a year now. T28 and the corsair. What ever happened to Papabatman? Good to see you fellers still kickin, Happy holidays bro's!!!

PS I remember that vid Bill
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:20 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
love that video. While not as impressive looking forward. The break out at the top is pretty high up there!

Parkzone T-28 vertical take off up to 1400 feet. 5 in 1 Edvr (3 min 3 sec)
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
I know Im preachin to the choir, but nobody else is here on a holiday
Rob and Prof have been on here beatin this same horse with myself and a few others for over a year now. T28 and the corsair. What ever happened to Papabatman? Good to see you fellers still kickin, Happy holidays bro's!!!

PS I remember that vid Bill
Yep I still fly mine all the time. Some of the best fun is when 3-4 of us fly them at one time. But on the other side, I just picked up a 70" Slick I hope to maiden tomorrow.

Besides I can't sleep, still to excited after my Aggies beat Texas!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Yes that video reminds me of the first flight I ever made with my corsair with the "golden nose" 3536c. I was off in about 3 feet and straight up till it was out of sight. All the while I was laughing my A55 off
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2010, 11:24 PM
FLY ANGRY
FIXXIN2FLY's Avatar
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Yep I still fly mine all the time. Some of the best fun is when 3-4 of us fly them at one time. But on the other side, I just picked up a 70" Slick I hope to maiden tomorrow.
Nice! Good luck with the maiden. I have a couple that size myself and looking into another 3DHS extra real soon. Hopefully before the sale ends.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ParkZone T-28 Trojan RTF Review Jim Walker Electric Warbirds 879 Aug 11, 2014 09:08 PM
Official Parkzone P-51 Owners Thread - Part 2 monitor Parkflyers 2602 Jun 15, 2014 04:51 PM
Discussion Parkzone T-28 Trojan Thread Edge767 Parkflyers 6527 Jun 04, 2008 05:29 AM
Sold Parkzone T-28 Trojan, 480 960kv Motors (2) Joe in Dublin Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Jan 17, 2008 01:34 PM
Wanted Parkzone T-28 Trojan webejpn01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 4 Oct 25, 2007 02:48 PM