HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Wannabe Flyer
United States, IL, Decatur
Joined Mar 2010
709 Posts
okay i'm sure you've seen pics of the stock T-28 but i'm so proud of it...reminds of my cousin who bought a 1989 Civic and sent the picture to everyone on his contacts list it the second pic you can see the plastic piece that holds the back of the wing is gone
MUSTANGP51LOVE is offline Find More Posts by MUSTANGP51LOVE
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:22 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdOfDarkness View Post
Will you be flying up at the High School?
Yep, probably around 9
rdcskkrose is offline Find More Posts by rdcskkrose
Old Nov 24, 2010, 03:55 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Apr 2009
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coenraad View Post
My latest movie. Enjoy. The takeoffs are a bit bad. as the frontwheel is a bit off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3HVZhXF-0M
Nice color scheme on your plane. Looks good.
Bob
wslco10 is online now Find More Posts by wslco10
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:12 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
what kind of lipo connector does this plane take?
EC3 or XT60?
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 24, 2010, 06:49 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Wing Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANGP51LOVE View Post
okay i'm sure you've seen pics of the stock T-28 but i'm so proud of it...reminds of my cousin who bought a 1989 Civic and sent the picture to everyone on his contacts list it the second pic you can see the plastic piece that holds the back of the wing is gone
I have several. If you need and want one, simply pay shipping and It's yours.

PM me.

Ron
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Nov 24, 2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:09 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
USA, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2009
2,023 Posts
Servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
And Ron, youre looking for servos for that plane already, youre not supposed to have that till after santa comes ;-)
F2F,

You can't blame me for wanting to be ready! I downloaded the manual (to keep the box pristine) and have it next to the King's throne. I'm ready. I have everything except the servos. I'll have that baby ready to fly in a matter of hours after the word GO! Before noon on Xmas day.

Servos? So many choices. I've searched alot of seller's websites. I just want 4 that match or are very close to the dimensions that the manual calls for without paying $100. There has to be some that are drop in's somewhere?

Servos? My weak spot. But I'm learning. If anyone here is a servo guru, here is a link to the servos that are prescribed. IM me with your thoughs and I will be greatly appreciative.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JSP20040

Ron
Last edited by rdcskkrose; Nov 24, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:11 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,228 Posts
keok... thanks for posting the great vid... it's yet another vid that reminds me that I need to by the GoPro cam

can you expand on the lens you had on it?

any pics of the mounting setup?

hey, can you (or anyone else) explain why their is little to zero "prop blur"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keok View Post
Sunset over OKC with GoPro strapped to my T-28
Boost up the res and enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKiXBO5Hj1o
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Nov 24, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:48 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
what kind of lipo connector does this plane take?
EC3 or XT60?
EC3 if its stock from horizon
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:21 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Hey guys! I'm new to this website, but it looks like a great place to get the information I need as I am somewhat new to this hobby!

As of now, I've gotten pretty good at flying my first plane (a multiplex easy star), and am looking for a second plane (preferably one with airlerons).

Would the Trojan T28 RTF version be a good choice? If you could, let me know how the Trojan compares to some of the other good options for a second plane after a Multiplex Easy Star.

Thanks!
firehawk95 is offline Find More Posts by firehawk95
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk95 View Post
Hey guys! I'm new to this website, but it looks like a great place to get the information I need as I am somewhat new to this hobby!

As of now, I've gotten pretty good at flying my first plane (a multiplex easy star), and am looking for a second plane (preferably one with airlerons).

Would the Trojan T28 RTF version be a good choice? If you could, let me know how the Trojan compares to some of the other good options for a second plane after a Multiplex Easy Star.

Thanks!
Hey Fire,
First off welcome to RC Groups. Youre following exactly in my footsteps from EZ* to Trojan. The trojan is a very stable airframe to learn ailerons with. I actually put ailerons on my EZ about the same time I got the trojan (a few years back). The trojan is very forgiving in flight and more importantly, quite easy to fix. Grab one and enjoy!!!

I have to add that if youre planning on staying in the sport and have a couple extra dollars, dont go with the RTF. Get yourself a DX6i or other computer tx and just buy the pnp version. The radio equip in the RTF is going to get "old school" on you very quickly
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:30 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Awesome! Thanks!

I was wondering how much more powerful this plane is than the Easy Star? Also, if I got skilled enough and wanted to, how difficult and expensive it would be to make an upgrade on it to where it could have extremely good vertical?

Also, where would be the best (cheapest) place to buy the rtf kit?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Hmm okay, so it looks like the pnp versions run about 180 and the rtf versions run about 250. The pnp's need a radio and battery to fly am I correct? I don't have a charger for lipo's as well, so if it doesn't come with a charger, I will need one of those too. Between the dx6i which i think runs about 150 and the charger i might need plus the 180, this might be a little outside the price range i can ask from my parents from christms. I will definitely consider it though!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:44 PM
Soon to be CrashMasterPhil
Rochester MN
Joined Dec 2007
755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk95 View Post
Awesome! Thanks!

I was wondering how much more powerful this plane is than the Easy Star? Also, if I got skilled enough and wanted to, how difficult and expensive it would be to make an upgrade on it to where it could have extremely good vertical?

Also, where would be the best (cheapest) place to buy the rtf kit?
Here's some of the cheapest and best upgrades out there. The Hobbyking HK Turnigy G10, a power 10 clone for $40 cheaper

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14403

HK Turnigy 2200mah Batteries, about $35 cheaper

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8932

HK OrangeRX, about $40 cheaper

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11965

HXT900 Servo's. $10 ea cheaper times 3. You'll need a Metal Gear Rudder/Steering Servo

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...?idProduct=662

HK Turnigy 30a ESC, $30 cheaper

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=2164

Your chooses are Bind-N-Fly BNF, Plug-N-Play PNP or buy the individual parts. If you buy the individual part you can save by buying the HK products.

Bind and fly is the most complete and Horizon is currently doing free shipping. You'll need a Spekrum radio transmitter for the BNF Plane. The PNP you'll need to supply your TX, RX, Battery and charger.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PKZ5080
divemasterphil is offline Find More Posts by divemasterphil
Last edited by divemasterphil; Nov 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:49 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
21,332 Posts
okay thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
EC3 if its stock from horizon
Razors edge 29 is offline Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:54 PM
Joined Nov 2010
6 Posts
Interesting! Thank you for the info!

It looks like I will be able to get the RTF version for 250, which would be 10 dollars more than the BNF without a radio. I think I will probably go with the RTF version to simplify things for me to begin with, then later down the road maybe upgrade the radio. Thanks for the input!

Also what would it take to upgrade the t28 to get unlimited vertical?