HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:51 PM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
I am sorry to keep you guys wait so long.

Eventually, we will let those new EDF models come. It's a hard time at this moment.

GWS USA still had a lot of current models.

Do you have F15? A4? J10? Me262, A10, P38... many of GWS new WW-II?

USA buying qty. dropped very low at this days. We need to carefully for more new models.

Ship and we will buy....I too have purchased many GWS planes: PT-17, Mustang, A-4, three C-47's (one C-47 built and given to my Airline Captain brother as 50th birthday gift), Beaver on floats, Corsair, etc. as I believe the GWS aircraft to be a quality product at a reasonable cost.

With the world economy being what it is I can understand GWS being cautious and needing a higher level of RC consumer confidence as they bring their products to market. My frustration, and I guess by the comments of others in this forum, is that we are left in limbo as to when we might see the F-4, F-86 and other new releases in our local hobby shops or available through our favorite online stores.

I believe it is time for a paradigm shift for GWS and to focus on positioning themselves again as an industry leader. As the ecomony improves set themselves above the competition by querying the consumers as to what products we would like to see and then bring them to market in advance of their competitors. Instead of investing their capital in producing more F-16, F-15's, and other products like their competitors, bring us something unique and different.
mgroves is offline Find More Posts by mgroves
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:58 PM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
earlier gws planes......you couldn't keep on the shelves....how many versions of that A10 were there? and colors....and the tigermoth......people loved em....etc etc etc....they have a strong enough following to release anything and not worry about sales......economy is bad..no disputing that..so what do you wanna spend? gws size money or sapac? etc etc......the econmy favors these.
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Jan 06, 2009, 08:35 AM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Quote:
....they have a strong enough following to release anything and not worry about sales......
Not true. Mr. Lin has said before that GWS actually lost money on the A-4 and J-10. As much as I'd like to see them release the F-4 and F-86 immediately, I would rather see them remain viable through this economic recession.
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71
Old Jan 06, 2009, 05:48 PM
san francisco
Joined Mar 2008
119 Posts
all i know is i have been waiting to get an f4 since before any of the other ones came out. once i heard gws was coming out with one, i was going to wait for them. still no f4 and im still waiting. i have been tempted tho, is the bananahobby one the same as the hl ? anybody know. im still waiting but if i fail i may get the bh one.
gsxr0311 is offline Find More Posts by gsxr0311
Old Jan 06, 2009, 09:40 PM
Foam Flingin' Nitro Pilot
San Diego
Joined Mar 2008
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
I want a $100 foamy kit that I can create in the scheme that I wish.
Pat
I was hoping for a $60 one... like the A4...
Pancake_1 is offline Find More Posts by Pancake_1
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:39 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,350 Posts
With the current state of the economy, and the fact that GWS lost money on kits last year, I think we'll see an increase in base prices. Personally, if the prices go to $99 for an NPS kit, I wouldn't mind. Still beats $270 elsewhere.

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 07, 2009, 02:07 AM
Österreich, Oberösterreich, Laakirchen
Joined Jan 2001
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWS4CEO
I am sorry to keep you guys wait so long.

Eventually, we will let those new EDF models come. It's a hard time at this moment.

GWS USA still had a lot of current models.

Do you have F15? A4? J10? Me262, A10, P38... many of GWS new WW-II?

USA buying qty. dropped very low at this days. We need to carefully for more new models.
Maybe it would be helpful for GWS if you push your activities in europe ?!

Rudi
Rudi is offline Find More Posts by Rudi
Old Jan 07, 2009, 02:56 PM
Semper Fi, Do or Die
Titusville, Fla
Joined Jan 2003
1,069 Posts
Quote:
With the current state of the economy, and the fact that GWS lost money on kits last year, I think we'll see an increase in base prices. Personally, if the prices go to $99 for an NPS kit, I wouldn't mind. Still beats $270 elsewhere.

Pat
For those that can't wait if you go to Hobby Lobby and buy all the replacement parts for their 21" ws JPower F-4N less electronics and motor you'll pay $84 plus shipping. For the larger 28" ws F-4 the cost for all replacement parts less electronics and motor is $145 plus shipping. This is what I plan on doing with the JPower F-4N being my first purchase. It's a bit small but I'm currently flying the Freewing 21" F-35 with no visibility problems.

I'm a big fan of GWS planes but the wait for new models can drag on for so long and I'm not getting any younger. I'm currently finishing my third GWS P-51, my first P-38, my third Corsair, and my second Spitfire. All of my previous Corsairs and Spitfire are still flying though they AIN'T pretty. I even have GWS A-10s numbers 2 and 3 as well as a P-40 unopened and still in their boxes.

BB
Semper Fi
kscbob1 is offline Find More Posts by kscbob1
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:23 PM
San Diego
Joined Mar 2008
360 Posts
Quote:

Pat

Actually, I just looked at the 70mm F-4 at HL, and it looks like a pretty good deal, considering it's a good size, it's an ARF (not a kit), has the 70mm fan/motor, 45A ESC and 5 servos installed... not bad for $280, if you want (or don't mind) an ARF.

If kscbob1 is right, and $145 gets you everything NPS (and the parts are painted), fuse assembled, etc... it seems like a good candidate for a $150 HET system... but if someone would be satisfied with a nice looking F-4 ARF with a stock 70mm setup, I think paying $280 for everything but the radio is GREAT!

Now that I think about it, I might have to get the parts list, and stick my 6904/JS1400 in it... with a 5-cell governed to the 6904's max, it should be fun... I wonder how much speed it will handle?

I figure maybe by the time I wear it out... something else might be available....
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:36 PM
San Diego
Joined Mar 2008
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscbob1
For those that can't wait if you go to Hobby Lobby and buy all the replacement parts for their 21" ws JPower F-4N less electronics and motor you'll pay $84 plus shipping. For the larger 28" ws F-4 the cost for all replacement parts less electronics and motor is $145 plus shipping. This is what I plan on doing with the JPower F-4N being my first purchase. It's a bit small but I'm currently flying the Freewing 21" F-35 with no visibility problems.
I seem to come out with a slightly higher total on the 28"....

Assuming that all the parts are painted, I could see paying that much, if a GWS NPS kit were going to be $100... especially if you just have to have an F-4 [now/ever?], and were going to paint it Navy colors anyway.

Personally, I really like the $60 GWS A-4, and could just as well stick the 6904/JS1400/4+S in that... but a 130mph F-4 would be WAY cool!
Last edited by Pancake_1; Jan 07, 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:10 PM
GEA
Props are for boats
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Nov 2007
306 Posts
Hey guys
Can anyone please give me a hint to when this plane will be available?? If not soon I will buy the one from Bananahobby
/GEA
GEA is offline Find More Posts by GEA
Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:04 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,350 Posts
I seriously doubt we'll see this plane very soon based on GWS' current cash situation. It may be months even before it comes out.

I would caution ordering anything from Bananahobby (just check the Vendor forum to see what I mean).

Pat
crxmanpat is online now Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:47 PM
GEA
Props are for boats
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Karup
Joined Nov 2007
306 Posts
@crxmanpat: Thanks for your input. I had no idea about BH and their (lack of) service. Hobby Lobby sells the same F4 but only offers one of the three colour schemes that BH sell. If they had the one I wanted I would have ordered it straight away. Anyway, thanks again.
/GEA
GEA is offline Find More Posts by GEA
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:00 PM
Klutzsquatch
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Oct 2006
392 Posts
paradigm shift....as US manufacturing has made so many moves to off shore production, possibly GWS should consider building factory in US to produce their kits and lessen the burden of the shipping costs which can add considerable sum to the overeall cost of Asian made products.
mgroves is offline Find More Posts by mgroves
Old Jan 19, 2009, 12:05 PM
USA, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2007
619 Posts
Yeah Mr. Lin, move your production to Buffalo!
thrashmaster71 is offline Find More Posts by thrashmaster71