Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:45 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Thanks Laine,

The wife has an appointment tomorrow. Go figure,I quite my job the day before she found out. Have had a few days to get things in order and getting caught up. Still really busy but should have the N2 under way and finished this weekend. Tell Kristy I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to tell her. My father still doesn't know. His schedule's kinda like yours with the time difference.

Take care man,
Jeremy
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2008, 07:51 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Roger that jeremy. Things will work out with the job thing. All things happen for a reason man, so, Im sure you will find the job you acctually WANT to do for awhile soon.

Again, congrats to both of you.

Oh, I heard that the article is out about the SRT/10 in Model Aviation (AMA's) mag. I havent seen it yet of course.

Laters, gotta go to work!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old May 23, 2008, 12:22 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
LOL
Laine,
This commmunity supports all of you in the hardships each & everyone of you has endured. From our hearts, we thank you! You're famous to us.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by deckert; May 23, 2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Quit being on a soapbox.
Old May 23, 2008, 08:04 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,023 Posts
Laine,
Well MA arrived today. What a great article about you and all the people who helped get your Wing in the air.

You are indeed a role model.

Stay safe, keep up the good work.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old May 24, 2008, 12:37 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Thank you guys. I'll have some new pictures up soon too.

Im looking forward to seeing the MA magazine too. The wife should get mine over here in a week or so.
Old May 24, 2008, 08:53 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
Just this = close to having one of our local TV news channels push a story on you today from your blogs. because they wouldn't do it! Not because of where you are & what your doing, but because you don't reside here locally. The FKJO(#* will broadcast JL#**_*_#( but won't come to grips on doing a story about our service men & women. You better believe I'm po'd. I shoulda told them yer my little brother I guess.

In all fairness, the reporter did say video was almost a mandate...Hmm? I hit them with the aspect of what you & your compadres see as opposed to what's released on national news the world sees. National news releases the worst of everything, and your blog presents a different aspect the world NEVER sees. I'm just PO'd on national news sensationalism, lies and bs. BTW, gas is now @ 4.00/gal here locally in SE Washington State, oh joy!
Be safe.........

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Transmissions for planes
Old May 24, 2008, 10:13 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Well, that would have been pretty cool Dan. Thanks for trying anyway. However, if they want video, we can get video. I dont know what we would video though, but, we can do it. lol Might get a bunch of pilots acting like, well, pilots!

$4.00... geesh, its gettin nuts aint it. Time for me to build a lipo/brushless car when I get home just to get to work.

Laine.
Old May 25, 2008, 12:13 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Well, that would have been pretty cool Dan. Thanks for trying anyway. However, if they want video, we can get video. I dont know what we would video though, but, we can do it. lol Might get a bunch of pilots acting like, well, pilots!

$4.00... geesh, its gettin nuts aint it. Time for me to build a lipo/brushless car when I get home just to get to work.

Laine.
Laine, I'm guessing anything/something related to what's happening over there that's not related to killing every damn thing. It just seems as every bit of news (local or otherwise) is related the horrible side of mankind and there's nothing relative to the good in mankind. Real images of what I don't know. The men & women in the field? Interaction with the locals? Flights? I'm just looking for something that can be presented to the news that has a different take and is more personal then the global news bs that seeks sensationalizism and shocking. Ah hah, I have it, images that tear your your guts out when you view them in a heart rendering manner and create mass amounts of empathy! To be honest, I don't know, it just burns my rear end why there's no promotion from local news from whatever source that shows the plight of all service men & women serving overseas. I'm not done with this

Dan
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2008, 09:43 PM
Got H2? Fuel Cell R/C Car
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Joined Mar 2004
2,476 Posts
Man, that sounds like an awesome break from the usual!

In history this week, we have been watching "ABC News Presentation War with Iraq". One of the chapters we watched was the 101st airborne. It was filmed in 2003 at the start of the war, so you weren't flying, but every time they showed some trucks, I wondered if you were driving it, lol.
Other than that, I attached a picture from 8th grade when a UH-60 came to my school for our veterans day service. I was the highest ranking boy scout at the time, so I lead color guard, and got this photo shot with the helicopter before all the kids were let lose.
(Later I did get to go up on top and check out the hydraulics since I wanted to compare it to my Trex 450, lol)

Thanks and good luck!
Keith43221 is offline Find More Posts by Keith43221
Last edited by Keith43221; May 29, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old May 30, 2008, 12:53 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,826 Posts
Hey Dan, I'll see what I can do. One of our pilots used to work in the film industry, he is kinda doing a documentary. I laugh at him cuz he's a goof walkin around with a video cam all the time. I probably wont laugh so much when he sells his film or something and is loaded. But, until then, he's a goof.

Keith, Nice picture dude! On occasion we get to do things similar to that. Not here of course, but back home. All it really takes is for people to ask, and ask the right people! We do our training flights anyway, so its not like we are not "out there" already. As for 2003, yeah, if you see some of the huge trucks (HETS) that haul the tanks/armored equip, and they are tan in color, it is my old unit. We were the only ones there in 03 with tan HETS. As for the 101st, most of my buddies here in this unit were there in 03. So, there is a good chance you saw them!

Laine.
Old Jun 06, 2008, 12:06 AM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,544 Posts
"Hey Dan, I'll see what I can do. One of our pilots used to work in the film industry, he is kinda doing a documentary. I laugh at him cuz he's a goof walkin around with a video cam all the time. I probably wont laugh so much when he sells his film or something and is loaded. But, until then, he's a goof."

LOL Laine. Your 'goof' may have a firmer grasp of the situation then you realize! It's called posterity! Where the hell do you think those old Nazi V1~V2 rocket images/videos came from? It's that same ascribed 'goof' in a different era. I'm telling you, and have told you, record EVERYTHING, albeit to say I have no desire to see you on the shitter.
The wounds of war harden us to the everyday aspects of life! Been there, done that!

Dan
RCG Plus Member