HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2001, 07:15 AM
Harrisburg, PA - USA
Joined May 2001
363 Posts
Puzzling Question About the Multiplex Teddy and Pico Cub

I read all of Jerry Simon's Cub saga on the training forum and I don't think I saw an answer to this question.

Both planes are about the same weight, use the same wing, use the same stock 400 motor and prop, direct drive and same battery pak. However, the Teddy climbs out of sight at 1/2 throttle and soars forever, while the Cub barely makes it into the air even with a hefty hand launch, won't climb worth a bucket of spit, and soars like a brick.

Why the big difference in the two, almost identical planes, similarly configured? The only real difference is that the Teddy is a pusher.
Ron D is offline Find More Posts by Ron D
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2001, 08:51 AM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 1999
2,051 Posts
First, the Teddy does NOT climb out of sight on 1/2 throttle, mine certainly doesn't, anyway. Second, the cub has an undercarriage and a much draggier fuselage than the Teddy, which is reltively clean.
Angelo is offline Find More Posts by Angelo