SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:25 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
Get a pair of narrow beaked pliers with one beak over one end of the pin and other beak on far side of gear just above pin and then gently squese untill pin is pushed flat to gear - there will then be enough pin sticking out of other side to be able to hold and remove with beak of pliers.

Hope this helps.....David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Some people had this issue with V1 some didn't. Original pin is tapered ie smaller at one end so push out in right direction. I pushed mine out with end of tiny pliers enough to grab and replaced with longer non tapered pin as friction keeps in place. More info in 4#3 Discussion part 1 thread. Hope helps
Amp
Yes, thank you.

I tried using small needle nose pliers, you can see the tapered end facing you in the pic & I tried pressing out from this side and it seems quite stubborn. Now that I know this is the only way to remove the pin, I'll be a bit more aggressive.

Thanks again very much for your input.
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2008, 05:32 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi,Take the landing gear right off first and put it in a safe place.
Then simply remove the pin that holds the main gear on.....Hold on,Iam only joking!!!
What you might need is a small hammer ( small pliers will be fine)
One nail with a sharp point
A piece of wood with one nice 90 degree edge about 2 inches tall. (maybe a chopping board will work)
Now!!! study the pin and place the heli on its side with the thinner end of the pin poking up.
Lay the heli on the edge of the chopping board so that most of the heli is off the board but only the section of the main gear that has the pin stuck in it is on the board.
Does that make any sense???
Now!!! have someone help you by holding the heli in that exact position.
Sit the nail on the thin section of pin that is pointing up.
Very important. Look carefully at the angles.Make sure the nail and the pin are in one straight line.
Hold it like that and tell your helper what you are about to do,so they don't freak out and move the heli.
Now just tap the pin gently but watch the pin to see if it moves.The nail might slip off,but you will get it a little at a time.
Once it moves a little bit,it should become free and you can take it out with pliers.
I hope this helps.
Jason

P.S. The pin might poke into the chopping board,so hide it from mum quickly.
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jun 12, 2008, 09:38 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
jeez-just cut the main gear already! -xacto down to pin on both sides

never had it effect flight doing that!

I know you dont want to mess up your heli

but these high force methods make it more likely to mess up something else

if it worries you-just ca back together-though not usually nessacary

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Jun 12, 2008, 03:22 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
Thanks again for all of the recommendations!

I came up with an idea last night which turned out to work well for me. I cut a short length of 1/16" brass tubing and contoured one end to match the curvature of the surface around the pin on the main gear. This piece then fit very nicely over the pin on one side of the gear giving a good transfer of force to the gear without doing any damage and stays in place very nicely. I then used flat nosed pliers and was easily able to apply enough force to the blunt end of the pin to loosen it.

1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:18 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
Thanks again for all of the recommendations!

I came up with an idea last night which turned out to work well for me. I cut a short length of 1/16" brass tubing and contoured one end to match the curvature of the surface around the pin on the main gear. This piece then fit very nicely over the pin on one side of the gear giving a good transfer of force to the gear without doing any damage and stays in place very nicely. I then used flat nosed pliers and was easily able to apply enough force to the blunt end of the pin to loosen it.

Cool!
Good work. Sometimes it just needs a little force.
jason
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:50 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Jason,
Brett at eastcoast has parts and helis now. I got a new rec and so mine in action up,up and oh o...just kidding. The B flys great for sure.
Thanks for help.
Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:03 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That is good to hear it is up and running again.
Iam still waiting for more motors from Terence,so Iam taking it easy with this last motor.
Jason
Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:53 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Jason,
Brett at eastcoast has parts and helis now. I got a new rec and so mine in action up,up and oh o...just kidding. The B flys great for sure.
Thanks for help.
Amp
Thanks for that info.
I put an order in with him Wednesday I think and the parts were here waiting for me when I got home today too.
Nice fast service.
Regards Jason
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:03 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
No worries,
Got a response from ehirobo. They are happy to replace the rx if I send the defective one back.
The process was a bit tedious but I can understand as the user would be at fault quite often with these lower end of the market helis.
No offence intended 4#3's.
Amp
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:30 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That is a hard issue when the supplier is so far away.
I bought a pico z clone ages ago off a guy on ebay and it was dead on arrival.
When I contacted him.He sent me another one and asked me to send the dead one back once I know the second one was fine.
Very trusting supplier.
Anyway,The second heli worked fine and I just offered to buy the second heli off him for a parts only type of price.
I didn't want to pay $10.00 for shipping again and I guess he didn't want to chase up the warranty with his supplier for a $40.00 heli.
So he said I could just buy the dead heli and transmitter for $8.00
I was happy to do that instead of paying $10.00 to send it back.

Do you think Ehirobo would come to some kind of deal.
It would be good for you if you could get a new receiver from them and just pay a small amount and keep the old one too.You may be able to fix it later.
It might be worth asking.
Jason
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:53 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
That is a hard issue when the supplier is so far away......
Jason
Don't want to complicate the issue too much. I am going to ask them for motors instead of rx. That way they can exchange $35 worth of rx to same value motors and make some money out of the transaction. Its a win win. I fitted a spring above swash last night to take out dogbone play. I think its the only mod that will give control benifit this heli needs. Been looking at mia's site on parts order we spoke about. Dig the Tuff LG, swash collar and spacers, vert stabiliser and CF canopy. Maybe we order from johnintosome his prices better on first inspection.
Check this out "alpha one" 4#3B http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...842559&page=64
Amp
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:01 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Don't want to complicate the issue too much. I am going to ask them for motors instead of rx. That way they can exchange $35 worth of rx to same value motors and make some money out of the transaction. Its a win win. I fitted a spring above swash last night to take out dogbone play. I think its the only mod that will give control benifit this heli needs. Been looking at mia's site on parts order we spoke about. Dig the Tuff LG, swash collar and spacers, vert stabiliser and CF canopy. Maybe we order from johnintosome his prices better on first inspection.
Check this out "alpha one" 4#3B http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...842559&page=64
Amp
Sorry,i got called into work for a breakdown as I read your last post and forgot to reply.
Do you think you will ever use all those motors.........Haha just kidding.
I have my credit card on standby now.
If I can get a heli looking like that one in the link you gave,I will be happy.
Let me know when you are ready.
Jason
Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:11 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
No worries, shall do.
Amp
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:59 PM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Jason is up for an indoor fly over our way..

Amp can you find out the details on when the hall is available.

I never did get to crack the 4#3B open on the weekend..

Cheers

Brett

P.S Jason parts posted yesterday, so should be there today or tomorrow.
Brettw is offline Find More Posts by Brettw
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:17 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
[QUOTE=Brettw]Jason is up for an indoor fly over our way..

Amp can you find out the details on when the hall is available......

I will make some enquiries. How much notice ie how far to book in advance to suit everyone? Sat or Sun preferred?
Amp

Ps: crack the 4#3B open it is not right for it to be trapped flightlessly. Let it be free! If you put your ear to the box you can probably hear the servos cry a high pitched sob!!