SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:40 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi All,
While I was working hard today. Slaving away,I was
Anyway I saw a guy flying an ele 100 in the park that I was hiding/working at.
I was impressed,
It has got me thinking that maybe I should pull the AR6300 out of my full brushless MIA and fit it to my 64C#1.
That way I could fly my 64C#1 and hope I don't break anything and use my DX6i with it also.
Any thoughts?
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:41 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Hi Bill,

I'll try to give my perspective on cp. I have a Gaui 200 and an ELE 100.

Cp is more stable due to higher headspeeds. This means when set up well they will stay on the one spot more steadily and for longer with less input.

They are not alot harder to set up mechanically just a few more links to adjust. Kinda like levelling the swash by adjusting the links (x2).

Tx wise they can be more complicated. Throttle curves and pitch curves come into play.The pitch increases proportionally with the throttle in normal mode and this ratio can be set inderpendently for all modes. Computer tx's are great wheras dial type can be very frustrating but others will sort that out soon enough with an easy guide I'm sure.

Because of the higher headspeed the heli can be very touchy on climb and descent 'cause obviously the rpm is high and there is no lag, as pitch can be applied very fast in contrast to fp helis. This can be toned down by reducing either the total throttle or pitch or a combination.

An obvious benefit is neg pitch used to achieve downward thrust for wind and invert.

The climb rate on this heli is going to be maybe 5x the 4#3B. So when you apply throttle your movements will have to be less in travel and more precise.

The cyclic on this heli will be maybe 2x faster than the 4#3B but although this will make your mistakes larger it will (due to the advantage of a bell hiller head) also make corrections faster and more precise with less lag in command. You will like the cyclic on a cp once you get used to it...guaranteed!

Heres a vid of my 100. You can see how touchy it can be on climb. At the beginning I am doing what is called pitch pumps to show what climbout this heli has. 4#3B is a land dwelling heli compared to a cp!

You will be able to dull the 4g3 down (once people suss the tx) to fly like a better 4#3B if you like with the advantage being no cyclic lag. Or dial it up to be a cute beast!

The head on this heli is very simple compared to many and thats where people generally run into issues after crashing. This problem won't occur for most due to the head design.

If you can comfortably fly your 4#3B in some patterns all you will have to do with the stock settings is be really mild on your movements.

I hope this helps toward a more informed decision.

Sorry the vids a bit dark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ2YmZDt_zA

Hope this explains cp's a little.

Amp
yup- what he said!

I can barely do a figure 8 with any heli- and I think you will love the 4g3

the least intimidating of all cp helis!

if they just had bl and comp tx- would be about perfect!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Nov 13, 2008, 11:59 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi All,
While I was working hard today. Slaving away,I was
Anyway I saw a guy flying an ele 100 in the park that I was hiding/working at.
I was impressed,
It has got me thinking that maybe I should pull the AR6300 out of my full brushless MIA and fit it to my 64C#1.
That way I could fly my 64C#1 and hope I don't break anything and use my DX6i with it also.
Any thoughts?
Jason

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:11 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
This is on topic 'cause i'm in this thread!

Check this out. funny story involving a smart broke guy, a spider, ebay, and a utility company!!

My sister sent it to me. Make sure you read the "click here to see how the exchange ends"

Jason. Set that baby up with normal Thr 0,15,30,45,60 and linear pitch of 50 (if this is 0* pitch), 40 (just a little neg for wind), 50, 75, 100. I can help with the menus and swash setup if you like.

With these settings (roughly) for a fp style flight with lower headspeed you'll be sweet as long as it lands on its feet. It will be a giant more stable 4#3 brushless. Inhibit throttle hold or set that curve the same in case of switch flick.

Amp

Then start dialling her up!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 03:22 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I just dusted off the 64C#1.
It seams so much more stable than it did last time I flew it.
Ha,And I was thinking about selling it.
Maybe I should just learn to fly it and be happy.
My Lipos are starting to puff now though.Bugger!
Jason
Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:29 AM
Joined Sep 2007
666 Posts
Quote:

Check this out. funny story involving a smart broke guy, a spider, ebay, and a utility company!!

My sister sent it to me. Make sure you read the "click here to see how the exchange ends"

Jason. Set that baby up with normal Thr 0,15,30,45,60 and linear pitch of 50 (if this is 0* pitch), 40 (just a little neg for wind), 50, 75, 100. I can help with the menus and swash setup if you like.

With these settings (roughly) for a fp style flight with lower headspeed you'll be sweet as long as it lands on its feet. It will be a giant more stable 4#3 brushless. Inhibit throttle hold or set that curve the same in case of switch flick.

Amp

Then start dialling her up!
Now that was gold...
Brettw is offline Find More Posts by Brettw
Old Nov 14, 2008, 06:01 AM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
I just dusted off the 64C#1.
It seams so much more stable than it did last time I flew it.
Ha,And I was thinking about selling it.
Maybe I should just learn to fly it and be happy.
My Lipos are starting to puff now though.Bugger!
Jason
Do you have a decent charger? If they're puffing though the batteries are gone- obviously be careful!!

Zippy packs from hobbycity get good reports for the price or Take off and land in Aus for the Outrage for better qual packs at good prices. Or maybe Brett can hook you up with Desire packs

Glad that lil heli is dusted off! You may remember I was going to buy one as I was impressed by the setup and quality. Will be a great little heli to compliment your micro and sub micro fleet!

Brett- Glad you liked it.

Amp
Old Nov 14, 2008, 06:03 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Amp, mk-thanx for the info. From the vid, I see that my 4#3 is anchored down compared to cp . You guys make it sound/look easy. mk, About your comment of re-conditioning your 4#3 reflexes, whata ya mean? No dropping it from 5ft as a "landing". I'd be fibbing to say I don't want one, just a little reluctant. I'm affraid of the "Peter Princible" applying to me. I don't do sims well, the computer screen gives me a headache. I'm sure I [with all of your help] can get me in the air-you guys got me & 4#3 going. thanx to all
regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Nov 14, 2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
For sport flying, would a bl 4#3 be about the same as the 4g3? Cost wise to convert the 4#3 to bl?? I know it can get kinda dear, depending on 1s or 2s. Could I get some guess-timates for the upgrades?thanx
regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Nov 14, 2008, 12:55 PM
You spent HOW MUCH??????
China Grove, NC
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Quote:

I don't care who you are... that's funny !!!
asylum56 is offline Find More Posts by asylum56
Old Nov 14, 2008, 03:25 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
For sport flying, would a bl 4#3 be about the same as the 4g3? Cost wise to convert the 4#3 to bl?? I know it can get kinda dear, depending on 1s or 2s. Could I get some guess-timates for the upgrades?thanx
regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
I have my brushless main 4#3 which has more power than standard.
The extra power is really handy to get out of trouble on these little birds.
I think every mod on these helis is a comprimise.
The setup I like best is Losi 10250kv brushless
Ebay ESC (Better to buy 2 or more)
Thesteve converter
standard pinion drilled to 1.5mm hole for 4#3 v1 gearing
Or
4#3B/A Iam yet to test a 21 tooth pinion with the v2 gearing,but it should have more power than the standard brushed setup,but a little less than the v1 gearing.
The main downside to doing just the main motor as the conversion is that the tail motor needs to work harder,so it will die faster.
I have done the big $$$ 2s brushless conversion too,but I didn't really like it.
For me it just felt heavy and hard to control.That might have just been the way I had it set up.
Iam hoping to be able to test the 4G3 next weekend,but based on what others have said about it.The brushless mod will be a good thing for the 4G3 too.
Jason
Old Nov 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a decent charger? If they're puffing though the batteries are gone- obviously be careful!!

Zippy packs from hobbycity get good reports for the price or Take off and land in Aus for the Outrage for better qual packs at good prices. Or maybe Brett can hook you up with Desire packs

Glad that lil heli is dusted off! You may remember I was going to buy one as I was impressed by the setup and quality. Will be a great little heli to compliment your micro and sub micro fleet!

Brett- Glad you liked it.

Amp
Iam using a DN Power micro controlled charger,but it is the original walkera lipos that are starting to puff.I have a couple of newer ones that are still ok for now.
I might drag this little heli along to the next fun fly.
Jason
Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:05 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
regards,
Bill
The 4G3 will be better due to faster cyclic response with the bell hiller head.

Heres a link to Jasons post where he kindly listed the costs for me here

My suggestion Bill if I may. Fly the 4#3B till you are really comfortable, circuits, 8's maybe some reverse then get the 4G3. Or buy it and just fly the 4G3 carefully and use the 4#3b as your trainer. That will be the cost effective and faster means to the end goal.

Amp
Old Nov 14, 2008, 05:27 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Ok,I just found this link on another HELICPTER forum,So I thought I would share it.
http://www.foddy.net/Athletics.html
It has nothing to do with helis,but it is sure to make you have tears in your eyes from laughing.
Jason
P.S. Turn the sound up too
Old Nov 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
I just did the brushless conversion on my 4#3B.
I tried to make this one neater than the last one and it looks beautifull.
Too bad it was a wasted effort because of these ing Ebay ESC's
Well this was a no name ESC that I suspected was the same as the Ebay ESC.
Well,at least it looks nice!
Now I need to gamble on another one and wait for it to be posted to me again.
BUGGER!!!!
Jason