HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:20 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
It will come with time and familiarity. Accelerating through turns is much easier [and safer] than trying to slow in a turn. I used to ride a dirt road from a friends ranch 7miles of gentle winding down hill. I would start slow and by the time I got to the bottom, I was braking on the straights so I could accelerate through the next turn.

...and I was dragging my crash bars on hard corners...I just knew it wouldn't be long before I leaned a little too much and executed a pirouette.

and be careful. That bike is just waiting for a chance to jump on you and give you a test ride.... that and right, wrong or indifferent...in a crash, you lose.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Jan 20, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:09 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
jason...
welcome to the world of two wheels!!

which reminds me... i still owe you for the carbon sheet that i havent sent the final drawing for(rc bike stuff)

the best thing you can do is a rider training course. california superbike school is one of the best, and im sure they train at eastern creek... better to get assistance now... before you develope bad habits... or worse.

bill

the 350 four is a nice little bike... i still( when i get around to fixing it have a 450twin that i race in the historic motorcycle races over here... lots of fun!

cheers
a
ado1974 is offline Find More Posts by ado1974
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:55 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi a,
Long time.Things doin' ya OK?
That a 450 Honda? What year/model? My 350-4 was a '76 I think. It's been gone for a while now and it was here during my 8yr in HI...it's been close to 20yr since I rode it or any bike. I'm sure I wouldn't have much difficulty getting a little road rash. For out here, and enduro [on-off road] is the go. We have more dirt than pavement. With me getting toward "Old Fart" age, a Honda Trail 90 is about my speed
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:54 AM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
bill
yep honda 450... slightly modified

a.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
Happy Australia day for tomorrow.
I survived my ride last weekend.
It is a little uncomfortable over distance,But getting better now. I can go for just over 200km without a quick recirculation break.
It is amazing how dry I can stay in the rain too. Just my knees got wet on the way home.
A. I have done the basic rider training years and years ago which I really enjoyed. Everybody I have ever spoken to who has done the rider training courses has loved them and they have all finished the course learning valuable lessons.
I think an advanced course would be something great to do. I live only about 4km away from Eastern creek raceway. I can hear the roar every Sunday at 9am and the drags on some Wednesday nights.
Hopefully this rain will pass again before tomorrow night. I have a dinner date down the coast again
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jan 29, 2012, 06:50 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Everyone doing as best possible?

Jason,
Hope you had a nice couple of days away.....that schoolmate catchin' yer attention, is she?
How's it riding that "cafe" style bike for a distance?For me, a more upright riding position is better for a longer ride or twisty roads...and Arivaca Rd is a beauty. Only drawback is the mobile obstacles [code for cows] on the rd. 2000lb sand bag, if you hit one.
I saw the results of a ute T-boning a cow....a medium small one ~800lb [sorry, I could not resist. It was tooooo easy]. The truck looked like it had a "Roman" nose....turned down and sideways about a foot, the cow laid out, DOA, in the middle of the rd.
...anyway, if you're going to be taking some longer rides, you may want to consider a touring model bike. They're much more comfortable.

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:20 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
Everyone doing as best possible?

Jason,
Hope you had a nice couple of days away.....that schoolmate catchin' yer attention, is she?
How's it riding that "cafe" style bike for a distance?For me, a more upright riding position is better for a longer ride or twisty roads...and Arivaca Rd is a beauty. Only drawback is the mobile obstacles [code for cows] on the rd. 2000lb sand bag, if you hit one.
I saw the results of a ute T-boning a cow....a medium small one ~800lb [sorry, I could not resist. It was tooooo easy]. The truck looked like it had a "Roman" nose....turned down and sideways about a foot, the cow laid out, DOA, in the middle of the rd.
...anyway, if you're going to be taking some longer rides, you may want to consider a touring model bike. They're much more comfortable.

regards,
Bill

Hi Bill,
Yes,I just rolled up the drive way now at 11pm and put the bike to bed.
Ummm,Yeah,She ticks all the box's and has her head screwed on right too. I don't know what she sees in me though
Iam starting to get a little used to the monkey fashion of riding again. I travel about 2 hours 30 minutes to reach her house and only stop about 3 hours nto the trip to call and see if I can stop at the store on the way there. Bluetooth headphones and music also help me forget the distance. But I think something more of a cruiser will be my next bike.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 29, 2012, 07:53 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi Bill,
Yes,I just rolled up the drive way now at 11pm and put the bike to bed.
Ummm,Yeah,She ticks all the box's and has her head screwed on right too. I don't know what she sees in me though

Regards Jason
...my wife make me wonder the same way. I don't ask and just enjoy the fact that it IS.
regards,
Bill

I think they call them "cafe racers" because you race from one cafe to the very next, so you can straighten out I KNOW I would need some help getting erect after a time on one. Don't get old.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:36 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
...my wife make me wonder the same way. I don't ask and just enjoy the fact that it IS.
regards,
Bill

I think they call them "cafe racers" because you race from one cafe to the very next, so you can straighten out I KNOW I would need some help getting erect after a time on one. Don't get old.
Hi Bill,
I see what you mean. Women have the weirdest taste in men sometimes haha
I tried to warn Lisa on the first date that I am into RC Micro helis but she didn't seam worried............She should be.
I find that after about 50km I start moving around on the seat trying to get comfy,But there just isn't much of that.
Although it is uncomfortable over distance I can't wait to take off again next weekend.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:40 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
While we're on the subject of bikes, here's mine.
I had an R1 before but it was just too much, far too much.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Mar 30, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:51 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
BMW makes a NICE machine. I never had a lot of regard for them until I heard a guy really wind one up. I had always thought of them as an "old guy's putt-putt". They are fast, too!

Before we got married, I told my wife I didn't think I would be a very role model for the boys. Silly girl, we got married anyway.

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
BMW makes a NICE machine. I never had a lot of regard for them until I heard a guy really wind one up. I had always thought of them as an "old guy's putt-putt". They are fast, too!

Before we got married, I told my wife I didn't think I would be a very role model for the boys. Silly girl, we got married anyway.

regards,
Bill
That bike was a present from my watchsquad at the firestation. Great bunch of fellas.

Yeah, reliable too. My car is a Bmw z4 and that really can shift. Anything made in Germany is about as good as it gets imo, whether it be household stuff (Bosch) or engines.

Had a few Japanese bikes like the Yamaha r1, Suzuki bandit, and a few others, but have always gone back to BMW.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
melbourne, australia
Joined Jun 2009
902 Posts
jj
try wearing lycra bicycle shorts under your gear, for the long trips.... makes a big difference. no seams or stitching to dig in and that little extra padding where things start to get tender.
i started using them when i was racing long distances off road... then tried it on raod, and havent looked back

cheers
a
Old Jan 31, 2012, 08:28 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
this is totally off-topic
a thousand years ago, when dirt was clean and dinosaurs roamed the earth...
I am in this vid. all you see is the back of my cowboy hat...but I did get payed for two day union wage while working on set construction. I got Sir Paul and Linda's autgraphs in the process, too.

PAUL MCCARTNEY STRANGLEHOLD & GOOD TIMES COMING PRESS TO PLAY PART 1. (9 min 50 sec)

regards,
Bill
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:56 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
Long time,No speak
I hope everyone is doing well.
Seeing GiTech's name pop up on my email notification made me pretty happy and reminds me to be thankfull for the great friends I have made on RC Groups.
I have only flown a couple of packs in the past 2 weeks or so,but still wish I could fly more.
Iam still spending my weekends riding up and down the coast on my bike to see my lovely little lady. Things are going great and after such a long time being single,I have learnt to recognise a good thing when I see it.
Although,It seams to rain everytime I ride it.
I hope you are all doing well
Regards Jason