Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:28 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
Got the "new" stove in yesterday. I'm just now realizing how generous this gift was.

I think this is it, on a pedestal as opposed to legs.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...02&R=100291302

Mighty nice and accessories including all the chimney. Looks like 8-10ft of triple wall and an exterior clean out, brackets...the whole deal.

I don't feel worthy of such a gift , but I don't argue with elders. I would not dare insult them by not accepting it.

regards,
Bill
that is a nice stove Bill! always loved a good wood burning stove!

this eskimo in me is appreciating the heat more and more as I age, which is why I am vegas bound in about a week.
stayed in Portland for a few weeks to milk the tourists of the xmas funds(did suprisingly well!), then off to vegas to try my hand selling on the strip or thereabouts.

lots of hotel and flight discounts at this time, and I can fly in , stay a week, test sales, then either stay(they do have some good priced monthly rentals at this time)- or head further south- all for between $200- 300 for everything

I tell you what, first place I settle for a bit, I am ordering a Genius cp

miss flying, and the prices are going down now

Jason- how is your landing gear experiments going??

going to need an after market set if I start flying

hope everyone is doing well!

havent heard from ampdraw in a while, you still flying Amp??

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:57 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi mk,
The Franklin it replaced got us thru a few cold nights, but it's smokey as hell and not nearly as efficient as this new stove. The new one makes more heat from less wood.

...and should I leave a space in the cottage for you?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:56 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Hi mk,
The Franklin it replaced got us thru a few cold nights, but it's smokey as hell and not nearly as efficient as this new stove. The new one makes more heat from less wood.

...and should I leave a space in the cottage for you?

regards,
Bill
no but thanks for the thought Bill!

I am doing really well at sales right now, and I have a good feeling about vegas

dont think I can make that event in time, but your kindness shows itself again

if I try and sell in Tuscon later, will make a point of coming to visit you

be well

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:16 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I think [we know what that leads to...] there is another street fair later in the spring. It might be fall for all I know. I'll see what I can find out. Tubac has a "Festival of the Arts"....might be worth a go, but those folks tend to get rain in their noses, if you catch my drift.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:39 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Happy New Years!

Thread's been pretty quiet.
This is a more or less "on-topic"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mwgzCg9suTI

I was discussing this cyclopter with a friend and was asking how it works...he says it produces lift in a similar manner to an insect wing. So, I'm thinking the paddles are slightly cupped and built to flex.
Dunno?
What you guys think?

Wondering what kind of rx options are needed to fly it..a quad rx, or heli related---motor/s and servos?

regards,
Bill
Last edited by Air Vaca; Jan 08, 2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 04:16 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
I hope everyone is doing well.
Lately,I havent been spending as much time on here.Keeping myself busy.
I decided to treat myself to a little reward last week. Then I went for a ride down the coast Friday and ended staying all weekend.It didn't leave any time for helis,But I still had a great weekend all the same.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jan 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Jason,
Good to see you taking some "down time" and relaxing a bit. You deserve it.
I found your addy. You still at K----n Dr in Blacktown? Really wanna send you my due for the Genius!

I stumbled/fumbled through a b'day whoop whoop?!? That was thurs. I got a cold.
Took the wife on an "outing"....we went woodcutting. I enjoyed it, din't know how happy she was...but, I enjoyed the help. It nice having a second set of eyes. We cruise a 1 1/2 lane rd in the hills looking for dead/down oaks. Pretty easy. Sometimes it's hard to see the trees for the forest. Ya know what I mean?
Built a 5ft fence across the back of the property. 24] 8ft sections. All metal, stock type fence. Made it from commercial shelving that was on the property. I could put a "catwalk" on top and post sentries. He He He. Looks like I'm ready for livestock. I am thinking about getting a few chooks. I eat a ton of eggs and have most everything I need, here already. Nest boxes, perches, wooden eggs, feeders... Just need to rebuild a coop. Easily said, will involve tearing two down to make one good one from the leftovers....

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:58 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,
Jason,
Good to see you taking some "down time" and relaxing a bit. You deserve it.
I found your addy. You still at K----n Dr in Blacktown? Really wanna send you my due for the Genius!

I stumbled/fumbled through a b'day whoop whoop?!? That was thurs. I got a cold.
Took the wife on an "outing"....we went woodcutting. I enjoyed it, din't know how happy she was...but, I enjoyed the help. It nice having a second set of eyes. We cruise a 1 1/2 lane rd in the hills looking for dead/down oaks. Pretty easy. Sometimes it's hard to see the trees for the forest. Ya know what I mean?
Built a 5ft fence across the back of the property. 24] 8ft sections. All metal, stock type fence. Made it from commercial shelving that was on the property. I could put a "catwalk" on top and post sentries. He He He. Looks like I'm ready for livestock. I am thinking about getting a few chooks. I eat a ton of eggs and have most everything I need, here already. Nest boxes, perches, wooden eggs, feeders... Just need to rebuild a coop. Easily said, will involve tearing two down to make one good one from the leftovers....

regards,
Bill
Hi Guys,
Bill,Yes that is my address.
Having my weekends free now is great!
I made a decision to make a few changes in my life this year to make things more enjoyable. So I have started to look after myself better, Bought the bike and went for a ride down the coast. Went for a dinner date via motorbike and went for a nice summer sunset ride along the south coast with a lady I went to high school with many many years ago.
I was only planning to stay for the one night,But made a weekend of it..
It sounds as though you have most of the stuff you need to be self sufficient there.
Looking forward to seeing more pics.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 18, 2012, 04:41 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I was gonna ask you about the passenger seat on the bike. Good to hear it's getting used...properly!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:42 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
I was gonna ask you about the passenger seat on the bike. Good to hear it's getting used...properly!
Hi Bill,
Yes,I get a 200km ride solo first to pick the little lady up and then I have a passenger.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:10 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
From the looks of the bike...what's that, about an hour, if you're in a hurry?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:59 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
From the looks of the bike...what's that, about an hour, if you're in a hurry?
Hi Bill,
I believe the bike will reach 255km/h without any mods,But this has had a few changes to the jets I believe.
I would never go near those sorta speeds. I prefer to just enjoy the ride without needing to keep a watch for Police. We have some great coastal roads here through the national parks and on the south coast.
One day soon,I will need to fly my helis again before I get too rusty again.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:19 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,232 Posts
If they come after you, you were not going fast enough.
I have had one show up at my house. Flashy vehicles seam to catch there attention, so they knew where I lived.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:52 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Jason,
I used to have a 350-4 Honda. Beautiful little cruiser. I left it behind when I moved from Amado [the other end or Arivaca Rd] to here. It would've been the death of me. I took it up to 100 mph w/o the benefit of a fairing.....it wanted to lift off....and would get squirrelly when you crossed the centre stripe. Only did that once.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi Jason,
I used to have a 350-4 Honda. Beautiful little cruiser. I left it behind when I moved from Amado [the other end or Arivaca Rd] to here. It would've been the death of me. I took it up to 100 mph w/o the benefit of a fairing.....it wanted to lift off....and would get squirrelly when you crossed the centre stripe. Only did that once.
Hi Bill,
It is just after 8am here on Saturday morning. Now need to wait all day before I go for a ride late this afternoon.
Cornering on a bike has always felt a little unnatural for me at speed,But just like when you get the right heli,Something clicks and all of a sudden Iam finding myself accelerating through the bends instead of slowing to an embarassing speed (I still stay within the speed limits though)
Now I just need to find a new owner for my little old car.
Regards Jason