HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2011, 09:20 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
I shoulda figured that. It was too easy.

Hey can someone find that vid of the CP plank?

thanks
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:31 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
I shoulda figured that. It was too easy.

Hey can someone find that vid of the CP plank?

thanks
Bill
it is the 4d plane

assume you mean the variable pitch stunt plane

4D rc indoor electric plane (2 min 44 sec)

couldnt find it right off,

but the one with it flying on/ next to, a full size plane, was one of the first and video is funny too

havent flown one yet, but shouldnt be too hard a build

mk

edit- would think that one 2/3 to 1/2 that size would be almost indestructible in light epp or depron for better flight but easier breakage. light micro heli servos and motors should be good in living room!
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:24 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi mk,
I found this one. I was looking for the other, also. I described it as a little creepy and a perked a few ears.
A baby of EPP Would be a scream. And good in the house, especially with the "shrouded" prop.

thanx though.

BTW the Winter 4th Ave Crafts Fair is coming very soon. ...like within 2wks. Sorry for the late heads up. I think the Tucson Gem Show is in early Feb.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:51 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Something interesting...
I made a post in Life, the Universe and Politics forum about the Iraq liberation using the old stock of Tomahawks and Raytheon liking to build the new model to replace them.
two days later, this....They said "Wrong number". A little spooky.

regards,
Bill
Don't you love coincidences that are almost too coincidental!

Would've thought a company like that would not display their number.

Still spooky!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:56 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
yeah buddy
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:46 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Hi mk,
I found this one. I was looking for the other, also. I described it as a little creepy and a perked a few ears.
A baby of EPP Would be a scream. And good in the house, especially with the "shrouded" prop.

thanx though.

BTW the Winter 4th Ave Crafts Fair is coming very soon. ...like within 2wks. Sorry for the late heads up. I think the Tucson Gem Show is in early Feb.

regards,
Bill
hmm- I am going south about that time- so. cal. mostly- san fran, ventura, san diego

will keep am eye out for that!

nervous!

used to travel selling kites, decade or two ago though!

doing it in this economy, and being an achy old fart, makes me more apprehensive than it used to.

lucky having a few credit cards, gives me a little safety net if it doesnt work out

though I have always hated debt, so I am crossing my fingers!

being a chef is a nice fal back too

lol- just have the best timing though!

doing this in winter isnt the smartest plan!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Dec 10, 2011, 06:59 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

Hey mk,
I think Gem Show is the first week of Feb. The 4th Ave. Street Fair [Ave and Street sound funny following each other, but that's what they call it] is on this weekend. Too late for that one. Sorry
My boy should be enrolled in school by then and I might be able to hook you up with housing close to the "action". Or we have this vacant house 60mi from there...

Got another, better stove. Again for barter. I need to remove it and replace sheet rock and concrete board where the chimney went through the wall. Als, I need to fix the garage door [put it back in its track] from when it got crashed and cover over a window.
Fixed to door already. The window should be easy. The other stuff is just basic...
This stove is a beauty. Not one that's a half step from the tip. Looks like a "view" door [glass], It is set up draw air from outside. No sucking cold air through the house to get to the fire, and all the pipe and a real chimney sweep. I've never had a real broom... and this stuff is in good condition.
I spent the est of my day putting insulation up. I found some more in one of the sheds. And some felt to close the gaps in the doors. I have the things I need to do a lot around here...I just don't know what or where I'll find it.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:26 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Hope everyone is doing as best possible.
Well, today is the first day of summer. I suppose we should all run out to the pool and take a dip. Ooops, wrong hemisphere. Winter here. Temps are gonna roar up to 10`C. Perfect swimming weather...if you're German. Warm is all relative, I guess. If we were to go to Hawaii in the summer, it would feel cool, compared to our normal summer.

I'm gonna move ALL my hobby stuff...helis, kites, music stuff, and plants to the "cottage". Might [should] have enough room to set up my HO scale race track. I know John has seen them, but for you younger guys, is a "slot car" track and the cars are 1:72 scale [ about 50mm]. Might be fun upgrading to BL...

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:55 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to wish all of you and your loved ones a Happy and Safe Christmas.
Hopefully Santa brings some goodies.
Well,I have been keeping myself busy cramming as much work as I can into a 12 hour day with the Christmas rush going on.
My new job is going great and I believe Aussie post is extremely happy with the work which my work mate and myself are doing. They just signed another 3 year contract 6 months earlier than they needed to. That made my boss very happy and they have also raised the budget by heaps.
My boss told us today that Aussie post management are very grateful because they had a Natural gas (3000psi) forklift on fire in the main building where all the small parcels are processed and their staff just left the forklift to burn,But my workmate and myself casually just walked over to the burning forklift with a fire extinguisher and put the fire out. We were very casual joking and such as we approached it. We didn't actually think about the gas tank which could blow at any time until later that evening.
The forklift is a write off,But the building and parcels were unharmed
Anyway,I am now gonna try and sneak in a couple of packs before it gets dark now.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Dec 23, 2011, 06:36 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

Happiest of Holidays to y'all..
I suppose you'll go to the beach, huh Jason. My sisters always asked if it felt strange, warm weather and all around the holidays, when I lived in HI. Nope, NOT ONE IOTA. I had to say that,because it's supposed to get up to 3-4`C [~40`F] as a high today. They say it will warm a bit by Christmas....but 2 days ago they said it would be around 15`C [60`F ish] this weekend, but....that has been revised

best wishes to all

regards,
Bill
Last edited by Air Vaca; Dec 23, 2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:43 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,659 Posts
Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well. Just want to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!

Maybe some helis under the tree?

Enjoy your Christmas,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:14 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
hi all,
Merry Christmas to you.

I got some really neat stuff.... a hernia, back torched, gimpy knee and a 500lb wood stove in the house. Not installed, but in the door. What a MONSTER. I couldn't budge it w/o help. It ran the solid tires off the rims of the hand truck [two wheeler].
way more than I expected for a very modest amount of work. A very nice stove. I was joking with Tracy...it's kind of one of those deals.. Hey, you want a piano for free? Come remove it from the house, please!

very Merry Christmas from the neighbour to us.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:35 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
This is the only 4#3B thread that i still read, just wanted to chime in and wish all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Blessings,

Richard
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:16 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Same to you Richard. glad to hear your still hanging out with us.

Best wishes. Happy Holidays.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Got the "new" stove in yesterday. I'm just now realizing how generous this gift was.

I think this is it, on a pedestal as opposed to legs.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...02&R=100291302

Mighty nice and accessories including all the chimney. Looks like 8-10ft of triple wall and an exterior clean out, brackets...the whole deal.

I don't feel worthy of such a gift , but I don't argue with elders. I would not dare insult them by not accepting it.

regards,
Bill
Last edited by Air Vaca; Dec 28, 2011 at 07:46 PM.