HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2011, 11:35 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
That's too bad, Jason. Give you time to catch up on your soap operas If it is a hernia, you might be off work for a while...6wks or more

Bill
Hi Bill,
I was talking to a customer today who had a hernia recently. He said it was the bulging type and he would place some sponge in his pants to hold his insides inside
He said it was only keyhole surgery where he was out of hospital the same day and back at work after a week.
I keep my fingers crossed Iam that lucky.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2011, 02:36 AM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,223 Posts
I had a hernia operation about 4 years ago. They do sell belts to hold it in, if you can't get an operation, or while waiting. Was out of hospital the same day. Was living by myself, but had friends I could call if needed. It was rough for a few weeks. Took some motivation to move, even repositioning on the bed. Its hard to move without tensing those muscles. I consider myself rather tollerant of pain. Breaking almost every bone in my foot was much less painfull, and didn't hurt much after a few days. Went back to work being a mechanic 30 days later. Took many months to really feel normal.
I have recently thought it might be coming back. Hard for me to tell for sure, due to the previous repair, and my dislike of doctors poking around. Might have to check into the ultrasound.
Roto Rob is offline Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Last edited by Roto Rob; Jan 06, 2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 04:56 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Jason,
I know all about waking up feeling 20yr older. Those are the days I need help getting from bed.
What's more scary is waking up, feeling like a kid, because my nappy is soiled.

don't blow more coffee out your nose, that's liable to make you sneeze/cough and that will hurt, BAD! hiccups are no fun either

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Last edited by Air Vaca; Jan 06, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2011, 01:36 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi Jason,
I know all about waking up feeling 20yr older. Those are the days I need help getting from bed.
What's more scary is waking up, feeling like a kid, because my nappy is soiled.

don't blow more coffee out your nose, that's liable to make you sneeze/cough and that will hurt, BAD! hiccups are no fun either

regards,
Bill
Haha,Hi Bill,
You almost got me again,but I had just put my coffee away.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 07, 2011, 01:57 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
I had a hernia operation about 4 years ago. They do sell belts to hold it in, if you can't get an operation, or while waiting. Was out of hospital the same day. Was living by myself, but had friends I could call if needed. It was rough for a few weeks. Took some motivation to move, even repositioning on the bed. Its hard to move without tensing those muscles. I consider myself rather tollerant of pain. Breaking almost every bone in my foot was much less painfull, and didn't hurt much after a few days. Went back to work being a mechanic 30 days later. Took many months to really feel normal.
I have recently thought it might be coming back. Hard for me to tell for sure, due to the previous repair, and my dislike of doctors poking around. Might have to check into the ultrasound.
Hi Rob,
Some sort of stretchy belt sounds as though it would help with comfort.
I don't have any parts bulging out yet,but it does feel more comfy when I apply pressure to the area at times.
At the moment I just got swamped with orders for parts,so Iam trying to get motivated to sit at the machine for a few hours.
I feel the same about doctors. The hardest part is telling yourself that you are not Superman and that you can actually get injured. After I accept that,Iam normally ok.
If in doubt,Get it checked Rob.It might save you some pain later.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:09 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I've decided to just go ahead and strip my V100 to transplant to the JTV100 frame. The servos and tail are on it. I may shorten the boom a little, but a little longer boom isn't all bad......thinking back to Jason's scorpion tail

Jason,
you say you're on light duty. Does that make you a supervisor?

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 07, 2011, 07:35 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,
I've decided to just go ahead and strip my V100 to transplant to the JTV100 frame. The servos and tail are on it. I may shorten the boom a little, but a little longer boom isn't all bad......thinking back to Jason's scorpion tail

Jason,
you say you're on light duty. Does that make you a supervisor?

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Which one was the scorpion tail?
I should be a supervisor at the moment.I feel useless enough to be
Just joking.
The doctor says Iam not allowed to lift more than 5kg and no squatting or bending.
The boss is pretty good. They just send me off to jobs to diagnose the problems and I can fix the problem if I can and if I can't they will send someone else later.But I find if I work smarter,I can still do nearly everything.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 07, 2011, 08:31 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
We were goofing around and you produced a 4#3 with a 1/2m alu tail boom. Long time ago. Not too long after the B came out. I'd know we can call up attachments, ya think I can do it ?!?

regards,
Bill

here's one...not the one I was thinking of

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1906964

still searching
Last edited by Air Vaca; Jan 07, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old Jan 07, 2011, 01:39 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
We were goofing around and you produced a 4#3 with a 1/2m alu tail boom. Long time ago. Not too long after the B came out. I'd know we can call up attachments, ya think I can do it ?!?

regards,
Bill

here's one...not the one I was thinking of

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1906964

still searching
Haha,I remember that one
Old Jan 08, 2011, 10:19 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Everyone doin' OK?

Been having thoughts of revisiting the the simplified b/h linkage [mSR style], only on a 90` head. The V100 blade grips have an alternate hole in the grip that would make the geometry nice and square. Gotta look at this a little closer.

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 08, 2011, 02:18 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Hi all,
Everyone doin' OK?

Been having thoughts of revisiting the the simplified b/h linkage [mSR style], only on a 90` head. The V100 blade grips have an alternate hole in the grip that would make the geometry nice and square. Gotta look at this a little closer.

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
I had noticed that extra set of holes myself and wondered what could be done with them.
I didn't even get a chance to fly at all yesterday. I got a little swamped with parts orders and was planning for a weekend full of machining and making parts.
Well,I got the all made Friday night and yesterday,so Iam hoping to not turn the machine on today. The silence will be deafening.
Regards Jason
Old Jan 08, 2011, 03:38 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
How will you be able to rest with all that quiet?

I'm wonder how the phasing will be on this 90` model. The 45` unit needed to be turned, coincidentally, 45`to get the cyclic direction correct. The V100 swash will be good on it. That will allow use of the adjustable 4#6 "dogbone" links.
If I'm thinking correctly, this may be adaptable to CP.

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 09, 2011, 08:02 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I suppose you have seen the TRex100....I will repeat my comment-
... it might be very good, but, makes me think of those electric scooters for toddlers that have Harley-Davidson emblazoned on them.

I guess if you want something done right....
well, we have a couple of very nice frames to work with. And I think I can cob a decent head from stock parts with a few custom pieces.
An FP will be "easy".
a CP FBL 100 would be super cool. You think that's possible. Amp?

regards,
Bill
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:29 AM
I crash therefore I am
Queensland Australia
Joined Nov 2007
876 Posts
Hi All,

Just checking in to say the floods are getting worse here in SE Queensland.
This footage on the local news shows a massive flash flood West of Brisbane.

wet wet wet.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/natio...ugh-toowoomba/

Nat
Vimd is offline Find More Posts by Vimd
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:51 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Nathan,

still on dry ground? Family is all OK?
Things are less critical at home?

This the reason Queenslander houses are built on stilts? Saw some of that on the coastal plain on Kauai. Houses 4m in the air.

Have you put the mixers on your 4#6S?

regards,
Bill