Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:13 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
Dug out the "stock" 4#6S. You can almost fly it with your eyes closed. That little 06s motor powers it super. Hovered a pack around the lounge...motor is stone cold [that might not be good description down here in the summer, a spanner will sink into the bitumen]. A 2 sec full power assent will bounce the ceiling twice.

Jason,
Did you do the servo placement changes for the 4#3/v100 on the jt100?

Oh,
John and Jason

I think that you can get some motor options for the v100 by using the other model Walkera esc's. All I know for sure is the hp05s will not run on the stock esc and the hp05-2 will. I'm happy with it on the 4#3 frame. I may want more grunt to lift the "Loach".

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill,
Perfect timing. with that question. I almost did an allnighter last night on these frame kits. Iam hoping to get 12 frame sets finished by the end of this weekend. All the delrin parts are finished. Now I just need to cut out 12 kits of the carbon fiber parts at 1 hour 43 minutes each kit on the machine.
I have sold a few JTV100 (V100D01 4#3B) kits and I am hoping to post John's kit and your kits out on Monday. Finally.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic View Post
peek a boo. Hi all!
Hi Vi,
Long time,No see.
How's life treating you?
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:02 AM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Yes I see lots of interesting stuff! Looks like maybe this time next year we'll have a lot of ultra micro helis to choose from. *rubs hands and laughs evilly*

I picked up a bnf 4#6 from the big HK sale and it's still in the conversion process to a Spektrum 4G6, had some spare parts lying around. My 4#3 hybrid is finally down and needs some love from the soldering iron so I'm grounded till I clean out the garage to make room for my hobby stuff. Mothed Spektrum 4G3 is still flying great. Other than that nothing much going on.

Good to see the same gang hanging around!
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:51 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Hi all,

I have a question regarding the V100.

I had to really increase the servo travel to almost max to get a decent cyclic response, I think Bill mentioned something about that awhile back. Also using the "Normal" flight mode vs the "Balance" flight mode when adjusting the POTs on the RX. Reading the manual it seems as though Normal allows adjustment of the servo travel and rudder gyro sensitivity, Balance allows adjustment of the servo travel, elev/aile gyro sensitivity and rudder gyro sensitivity. What is the proper flying mode or does it matter between Normal and Balance?

I think I confused myself by reading the manual.

Jason,
Glad your work schedule has eased a bit. I've found over the years working too many long days in a row can actually reduce a persons productivity over time, not good. I should have your MUCH lighter JT100 light kit for testing posted on Monday, you'll be amazed at the weight difference.

Hope to get some flying time today and hopefully get the V100 dialed in, so I can take it apart and start my mods.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is online now Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Last edited by 1Hammer; Dec 11, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:27 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi John,
Having NOT read the manual...
I adjusted the pots in balance mode I think...haven't changed the dips on the rx. It seems to adjust each axis individually. And then I tweaked the travel adjust on the tx to my liking. Normal is like a "regular" rx...gyro on tail only.

I don't know that I would spend a lot of time fine tuning, John. It will all change when you remove weight. I think mine is around 58gm w/ hp05-2 and hp03t. Jason's tail, 20c400CJ batt. And I haven't stripped the rx, yet...esc's, yes.

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Dec 11, 2010, 01:44 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Hi Bill,

You're right, I think it's time to go ahead and start my V100 rebuild...I probably enjoy the modification process even more than flying, something about the challenge.

How much does the HP05-2 weigh? The ADH50-CO5 I have on hand weighs 4.42g. This motor provides lots of power on my CB100's, guess I'll see how it works on the V100.

Regards,
John
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:08 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
If it's good on the CB, it will be fine. Will it run on the walkera esc?

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 11, 2010, 03:50 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Yes, it runs great on the Walkera ESC.

Thanks Bill I've already gotten quite a bit of my V100 mods done.

Regards,
John
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
Well,I have got a lot of catch up work done friday night and yesterday.Iam just about to start another day.
Bill and John's JTV100 (V100D01) test frame kits will be in the post tomorrow morning. A bit late,but they are now ready.
John,
The walkera manual can get anyone who reads it confused. Tom Z's set up guide is good to use.
Regards Jason
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:01 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for the setup reference to TomZ's thread for the V100 Jason.

Had to post a quick picture of my V100 modification progress...I love Jason's upgrade parts.

Regards,
John
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the setup reference to TomZ's thread for the V100 Jason.

Had to post a quick picture of my V100 modification progress...I love Jason's upgrade parts.

Regards,
John
Hi John,
Looking nice.
Are those landing gear the lowrider ones?
I really need to stop naming my parts the first name that comes to mind.
Regards Jason
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:17 PM
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski View Post
Hi John,
Looking nice.
Are those landing gear the lowrider ones?
I really need to stop naming my parts the first name that comes to mind.
Regards Jason
Hi Jason,
Yes those are the 5mm lowered LG you sent me...they work perfectly for a level stance with your Tailcase & Fin for the 2.9g.

I really think you should make up a combo package with your Tailcase & Fin and 5mm lower LG for the V100, it's an amazingly stable platform with the V100/4#3 frame.

Regards,
John
Last edited by 1Hammer; Dec 11, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer View Post
Hi Jason,
Yes those are the 5mm lowered LG you sent me...they work perfectly for a level stance with your Tailcase & Fin for the 2.9g.

I really think you should make up a combo package with your Tailcase & Fin and 5mm lower LG for the V100, it's an amazingly stable platform with the V100/4#3 frame.

Regards,
John
That's a great idea John.
Would you believe I was just playing around with the design over a coffee and scaled them down by 5mm. Then just went with it.
I didn't even give any consideration to how the tail would sit. It is a good look.
Regards Jason
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
+1
that would be a great upgrade kit!
And things that will be needed anyway. If you want a different tail motor...and how long do the wire skids hold up?

regards,
Bill

John, that's a sharp lookin' heli.