HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2010, 07:23 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,

Looks like you've been having some fun, a. I love the stationary axial flips and something I'd been wondering was answered.... I saw you guys do a forward flip.

NaterPin sent some 90 and 70 d o-rings. Since I've been beating myself up on the moth, I thought I'd do some more damage and replace the old dampers with the black [I have red, too...which is which hardness, I don't know]. That caused me to have to adjust all the linkage....the old dampers were toast. Shredded. Still getting the tracking spot on. Had to balance everything better...seems the stiff dampers transmit vibes pretty good. I wish you guys could fly this heli...She's a beautiful flier.
Nate should be getting his very soon. It's been in the mail a week.

and I'm a little skeptical of the HP06v2 and a small pinion...Amp. you tried that and found the results less than the best, correct?

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2010, 09:29 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,989 Posts
I hope it will come soon. I am thinking this week. So which dampener do you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,

Looks like you've been having some fun, a. I love the stationary axial flips and something I'd been wondering was answered.... I saw you guys do a forward flip.

NaterPin sent some 90 and 70 d o-rings. Since I've been beating myself up on the moth, I thought I'd do some more damage and replace the old dampers with the black [I have red, too...which is which hardness, I don't know]. That caused me to have to adjust all the linkage....the old dampers were toast. Shredded. Still getting the tracking spot on. Had to balance everything better...seems the stiff dampers transmit vibes pretty good. I wish you guys could fly this heli...She's a beautiful flier.
Nate should be getting his very soon. It's been in the mail a week.

and I'm a little skeptical of the HP06v2 and a small pinion...Amp. you tried that and found the results less than the best, correct?

regards,
Bill
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Dec 06, 2010, 11:30 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca View Post
Hi all,
Took Amp's advice and PM'd XYMotor about the fate of the HP06s...It is no longer in production and he suggested the 06v2 with 12-14t pinion.

Oh, well. And no comment. Wonder why they obsoleted it? Cheaper/easier to wind the v2, maybe?

regards,
Bill
I still have a HPO6s send me a pm if you want.

Didn't you mention you had one with a broken shaft?
High speed metal drill bit is the ticket for a new shaft. Piece of pen ink tube between the pinion and the lower bearing to stop the bell moving and you're away.

Btw nice piccy!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Dec 07, 2010, 09:01 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all
Hi Amp,
Yeah, I still have the 06s w/broken shaft and a NIP ...so I'm OK for now.

Nate, I don't know which O-rings are what hardness...I put the black ones in it. the only reason...they came out of the bag first Are the red the 70d hardness. I haven't flown it enough to form an opinion. I'm sure there will be differences with each having attributes.

Here's a real shocker...
someone found that if you heat a "new" pyrex glass pan to 400`F and set it down on a WET surface, the glass pan will break, DUH!!! Why would you set something that hot on anything but a cooling rack/trivet. I guess it's like Ron White sez,"You can't fix stupid!"

regards,
Bill
Last edited by Air Vaca; Dec 07, 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2010, 07:36 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Hope everyone is well.
I'm accumulating some torque shaft ends and am wondering if we can come up with a way of coupling the ends....make a 2 piece shaft.

I'm still burning wood I cut a week ago Monday. Hard to believe. Just filled the trunk of the car when I went out. The weather has been "Chamber of Commerce".... 70-80`F. Brisk in the morning....freezing/near freezing.
Fired up the tiller and plowed the garden, yesterday. It was getting dangerously close to varnish in fuel tank. Ick!
Of course, I managed to flood it, when I first attempted to start it. Actually, I think the float in the carb has stuck open...I shut the fuel off and relaxed for a while. I am marveling at how cleverly I made myself an hour break waiting for things to "dry out".
After we rested, me and the machine, it fired right up and I was forced to work it. I was running all the fuel out and at the end, I was letting it go where it wanted and turning it around when it got to the edge of the garden. This Troy-Bilt is a helluva machine. As long as you don't have to lift it. But, that's why it drives itself and we have ramps.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 09, 2010, 01:07 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Hi all,

Just received my V100 from CJ...10 days just like clockwork as always with Terence.

I'm charging up a couple of stock batteries so I can fly it a bit before I tear it apart. I'll use a XP7A main ESC, ADH50-C05 main, 2.9 tail, clean up the wiring, SS tail boom, Jason's lowered LG and of course position lights and a searchlight.

My first new heli in quite some time...I love this hobby!

Bill,
We had a little cold snap last week, down to 31F/-.5C and a little frost, pretty cool for right here on the ocean, but we're weather wimps here.

Looking forward to flying the V100.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 09, 2010, 03:25 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi John,
I think you may have a problem getting that esc to arm with this rx.
The HP05-2 [which is the HP05 Terence sells] does work nicely on the stock esc. Don't know about the C05. No problem with the tail motor swap.

You will most likely need to adjust the rx...mine came so tame, the heli would barely respond.
Have fun, she's a nice flier.

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 09, 2010, 05:38 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Hi Bill,

Once I figured out the dips for the V100 on my 2801 PRO I was able to get it very flyable just using the adjustments available with the 2801.

I'll probably try adjusting the RX tomorrow...this is a nice flier.

I'll start my mods with the stock main ESC, thanks for the heads up.

Regards,
John
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Dec 09, 2010, 10:25 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Hi Guys,
Woo Hoo! Iam home early today after doing only 7 hours work!
That feels great because all week has been 12-14 hour days and hot steamy weather with lotsa rain too.
So now I intend on making parts until late tonight and tomorrow just to try and catch up on things.
John, It's good to read that you like the V100D01. After you wind the Elev and Ail gyros up a bit.Things will be a little easier to fly the same as the 4#3B.
How do you find the throttle?
Bill, Have you decided on a main motor for the V100 yet?
I havent given it too much thought yet,But I would like to try an outrunner to help lighten the weight a little bit.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:41 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
I put an HP05-2 in mine and am quite happy with the results. I think I put an 18t pinion on it.

regards,
Bill

Hi Jason,
I know exactly how you feel. 2 of us ran the backend of a 24 lane bowling alley for a summer. for 3 days, we practically lived there. Toward the end of the 3rd day, the desk knew not to bother me with stupid stuff. This is when I came up with the phrase, "If it ain't smokin', it ain't broken...it's resting".
The short day, like you- only 8hr, felt like a day off. We were working 4 day weeks. Sounds good.....the bite is, you spend a day and a half sleeping.
Last edited by Air Vaca; Dec 10, 2010 at 06:10 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:06 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Good for a laugh if you have some free time:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=182321

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Dec 10, 2010, 07:22 AM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
lol

when I read some of these posts that are soooo far over my head, it might as well be called thingamabobos, and whatchamacallits. gobbledegook to me.. I really feel like a simpleton/farmer

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:17 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi all,
Dug out the "stock" 4#6S. You can almost fly it with your eyes closed. That little 06s motor powers it super. Hovered a pack around the lounge...motor is stone cold [that might not be good description down here in the summer, a spanner will sink into the bitumen]. A 2 sec full power assent will bounce the ceiling twice.

Jason,
Did you do the servo placement changes for the 4#3/v100 on the jt100?

Oh,
John and Jason

I think that you can get some motor options for the v100 by using the other model Walkera esc's. All I know for sure is the hp05s will not run on the stock esc and the hp05-2 will. I'm happy with it on the 4#3 frame. I may want more grunt to lift the "Loach".

regards,
Bill
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:18 PM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
peek a boo. Hi all!
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old Dec 10, 2010, 05:24 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008